How dofollow and nofollow backlink Percentage?

Tommy91

Hi everybody.

How dofollow and nofollow backlink Percentage? Percentage is the most accurate or approximate.

Thank you.

berto

Kindly re-phrase your thread because its confusing due to grammatical error and misused of words. I cannot understand your post. Be specific.

sidrawat

You mean percentage ration of Do-follow & no-follow? Well, without the right links, you may never rank in Google top 10 searches. Both do-follow & no-follow are essential for the long-term success of your website. What I think is that ratio should be (60%) follow links, and nofollow links (40%). As per my experience dofollow links should always surpass nofollow links.

Reactions: Tommy91

SEOPub

SEOPub
Holy crap that is terrible advice. 40% nofollow? What kind of trashy links are you building?

Here is the truth. Google does not care what the percentage is. It's all a big myth.

I have never, ever built a nofollow link for any of my sites or the sites of my clients. They are ranking just fine.

Go look in the SERPs yourself. You will not find sites at the top of the rankings in any competitive SERPs with 40% nofollow links. Some of them will be less than 1%.

I don't know where people get these stupid ideas from.

Naksh

Hi everybody.

How dofollow and nofollow backlink Percentage? Percentage is the most accurate or approximate.

Thank you.
I'm not getting exactly what you want to ask. I think you want to know about the ratio of dofollow and nofollow links - whether they are accurate or just approximate?

levelup123

I have a mentor who works as SEO consultant and he told me its important to have a healthy ratio of dofollow and follow links as all follow links will look spammy to google bots (though since we can never know what google algorithm is, it may just be a wild guess of what the healthy ratio is). Nevertheless, he suggested 90/10 or 80/20 of dofollow/nofollow links. But if you have a new site, get as many follow links as you can to built popularity and then try getting authoritative nofollow links (apparently, this carries a certain amount of weight).

SEOPub

SEOPub
You should really, really get a new mentor.

You do not need to build any nofollow links, ever.

And if anyone is dumb enough to believe that you need nofollow links in your backlink profile, you don't have to worry about it. There are tons of scraper sites out there that will point nofollow links at your site whether you want them or not.

Saying that you have to have a certain amount of nofollow links is literally the dumbest freaking thing in SEO I have ever heard.

petesede

I am fairly certain that Google would not be so foolish to have any ´normal´ range for th percentage of links which are no-follow or follow. What they probably do notice is if you have 99% of one or the other, and more importantly if you are getting hundreds or thousands of no-follow or follow links in a very short amount of time. But it is silly to think that the percentage is like 10%, and than if you go to 11% you will suddenly be in trouble with Google. They have never operated that way and have not been punitive against websites unless it is obvious they were cheating or trying to manipulate backlinks. In other words, do things naturally and you can go to sleep every night and not have to worry about waking up to a site that was ruined because Google blacklisted you.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies