Do Companies Really Need Blogs For Social Marketing?

SirenOnFire

I believe that for companies to use blogs are one of the non-negotiables in business. One of the proven best way in doing advertising through internet is the presence of a company's link on a blog, which would most probably increase not only their popularity, but also their credibility. This is what's considered hot and a must when promoting a company or business today, and so I believe that if a new company wants to really achieve success, then they have to be willing to do this. If they want to compete with other's having the same business as theirs, and be known as fast as they could possibly be, then this is the best way to go. People of today cannot last for 24 hours without being on the internet, that is just not possible anymore for about 80% of the world's population. Many have achieved incredible success by using social media to earn money in so many different ways, and so, a company, especially a new one, not using this for their advantage could be a really stupid thing to do.

BelindaMT

Blogs for company is a must. It is another strategy for marketing since we are now living in a technology world. A lot of people nowadays are checking on internet. Some people prefer to spend time on internet than watching television. The company where I work right now has a blogs and this is for promotion of our product most especially if we have a new product.

Heatman

Yes, absolutely right I think any company that wants to boom it's marketing environment must have a blog through which it scout for customers and patronizers. Internet happens to be the best medium through which several people who aren't on the locality of a business establishment tend to have business transactions with such companies today.

It is normal know that the Internet has made the world a global village there connecting and reaching vast number of people is simply done just one click on the computer keyboard or screen touch pad.

Blogs are very effective in helping companies achieve its business aims, goal and objectives, so therefore it's very important that they make very good use of it.

RAQ

Blogs for me are now essential part of a business. In this platform, it is somehow like the deeper understanding of your company by promoting in a wider range and also encouraging others to get involved and ask for queries through your blogs.

lucykups

Famous blogs, are trusted by a lot of people, people look up to blogs for 'approval' and that's what makes them famous. And with that, companies know that if they got into that blog, they'd have a "boom" in their marketing. "Blogs are very effective in helping companies achieve its business aims, goal and objectives, so therefore it's very important that they make very good use of it."

jessicarousey

It is an essential part of strategies in social marketing. It builds connection to your prospects and customers, especially with the contents in it are valuable. Not just it gives traffics, it can also make that traffic into leads. What is more interesting in it is that it gives out long term results. Indeed, blogs are necessary.

pjprins

Absolutely.

What many business owners fail to realize (those that simply want a Facebook page) is that metaphorically, you are "building on someone else's land".

Besides the fact that you can get thrown off at any given time if they feel you broke the rules, there is always the danger that a new novelty can come along some day - and if it does, you will have spent years building something that cannot continue to thrive.

However, if you have a blog, and social media is simply a way to send people back to it. ANY of your traffic sources can take a knock, and you will still continue.

Not to mention the fact that blog posts attract people from different sources in the first place, and people share them to more different destinations.

Just my 0.02c

Last edited:

SimplyD

I agree.
In fact, the mall our employer owns have a Facebook account, just to advertize its promos, events that will be held on the mall , its products , activities and what is the latest shop that has opened in the mall.
Everytime a person goes to the mall and uses the name of the mall, as her place of posting, itgives credit to the mall.
Even for job vacancies it is now being advertiZed on that Facebook page, and it really gets a lots of applicants for the mall.

Judas2018

Most definitely. Sending a tweet or a facebook post out to your audience costs them a lot less money than running a bunch of commercials. The ad space on actual broadcast television is still very expensive.

Ellyza de gala

Yes. This is due to growing competition in the market. For a business to stay on top or atleast inline with its competitors, social marketing is a must. It allows the company to expand its network and extend its services across the world. In can also a way to advertise their product/services cheaply.

Barakobryan

Even without blogs company can still grow big, it depends on the marketer of the company, what methods he/she's going to use. Advertising, Blogs that's the common way to get your company known, but don't expect by blogging your company means you can gain a lot.

I gave you an example, Remember what the marketer of coca cola/coke company did? they put a name on the label of coke, that's make people wants to have coke with thier name. Many people looking at every store if they have coke writen with thier name on it. The coke/coca cola company decided to have an event, coke booth where they can put thier name on the label of the coke they buy.

I'm impressed at what coca cola marketer did. there's a lot of way to make your company known, using blog not gonna hurt to try but don't focus on it.

referral is one of the best way to make your company know and have a lot of consumer or costumer. Just give comission to the referrer so you can boost his/here moral to invite more people.

Good luck, remember there's a lot of way don't focus to one thing and look around you, so you can make you own originality.

SEOPub

It is pretty obvious that most of you have never actually worked with businesses out in the real world and just read the nonsense people post on forums.

No. Most businesses do not need a blog at all... ever.

Do you think anybody reads a blog on Best Buy?

Nobody cares what their local dentist is blogging about. Or a bookstore, restaurant, furniture store, gym, golf course, bowling alley, etc.

Some of you need to get off of forums and start researching out in the real world more. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I think it would be eye opening for you.

Nancy G

Blogs are effective marketing tools in promoting products or services. They help create awareness and leads especially if they are newly launched or introduced by a new company or generating more traffic and sustaining desired conversions in the long run.

Blogs are judged based on the quality and value of the content. They do not have to be purely on promoting your company, products or services but must also contain helpful tips, practice or general information which your readers may find useful, interesting and indirectly promoting your products. They can be shared via links with other websites and can become an authoritative “resource” material for specific topics which help achieve SEO and drive traffic to your website.

Some companies have a team to take care of updating their website and content. Some even hire professional help from popular bloggers or freelancers. Popular bloggers are making a lot of money and highly followed or anticipated by their followers even if they do not do it regularly.

The importance of high performing blogs cannot be disregarded as it is part of any website and empowers the company in making itself competitive online and among similar companies within the same industry.

ecole11j

It's absolutely important. It's one of the main ways to keep your name out there. Social media alone, while important, isn't enough. It might be a good way to interact with your consumer base, but it won't help as much when it comes to Google rankings. If you want people interested in your kind of content and products to be able to find you easily with an Internet search, an active blog is a must.

Rogue

Popularity is a great factor to succeed and blogs can now be use as channel to that path. Blogs can function as advertisement and promotion grounds for company to establish name in the competitive market. People had now become dependent on reviews of their trusted bloggers and company can use this for their own advantage by giving rooms for reviews. In terms of social marketing blogs is surely on the list but not limited to that. There are still other factors that could influence popularity and success.

HazelDJ

HazelDJ
Based on my experience, I read reviews before I purchase a certain product. In this connection, I may say that people's good opinion are necessary to promote a certain product. It may be through a blog, review or a comment. These are the factors that the prospect buyers consider. Their decision whether to buy or not are mostly relied here.

Dictator20

Yes it can help them to promote their products. Blogs help the companies, because bloggers post the product of that company and the quality so the consumers will know why should they buy that product. Some of the companies pay and sponsor some bloggers to endorse their product. Blogging is one of the grate way to promote products aside from TV.

ayeshajan888

I think not all companies need blogs to promote their business because not all people or their prospective clients are reading blogs. People nowadays do not rely only on blogs to see the companies profitability, stability and commitment, they will still research for other things that will convince and help them decide to invest or buy something. Maybe blogs can somewhat help increase your popularity but you must not rely or focus on just one site, there are other social media sites, other marketing strategies that will really help your business to profit.

If a company have many competitors in the market, making full blast in advertising and promotions will definitely boost their popularity and increased their profit.

edenmae29

It is not necessary but it is a huge advantage for attracting visitors on your website that could potentially turn into customers. Speaking from a consumer's standpoint, I love usually read blogs that has a catchy title or thumbnail, that's the first factor that you would wan't to consider. Then if I like the content I would definitely scroll on your website and subscribe for newsletters. Newsletters are one of the most effective way to market your business, just make sure that you also have a content that will encourage people to finally make a purchase. It might make 3, 4 or 5 newsletters before getting a buyer out of it but just keep improving your contents and make sure it is not repetitive to avoid subscribers to get annoyed. Repetitive contents make people think they are being forced. So those are just some of the tips I can provide.

JB Fernandez

Somehow yes. Specially blogs from trusted personality. Because some of the customers is searching for reviews before purchasing the product. So a good review from a famous blogger can determine the success of your sales.

Jim15

Yes they need it in order to become more popular to people and be able to follow what are trending because we live now in a world that internet is a must to gain a. lot of information and a lot of people really use internet as a part of their hobbies.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.