How to start your journey to home-based work?

karlaaaaaa

I've working more than 6 years in the BPO industry and I get really tired of daily commute. Yep, transportation is my main problem - from hassle to really hassle. So I decided to start grabbing home based oppurtunities. But how would I start? any ideas and recommendation for a good platform? also do you have any suggestions regarding profiling? thanks much!

gjgcint

Hi Karla, First you identify what kind of online work that you want. I think Youtube is one of the best platform to earn money but the challenge is to gain traffic and choosing a niche. I think you should stay away from online surveys. I have tried that and one of the challenge is getting a survey.

ron13315

After you identified what kind of online work your capable of, I suggest you to join and participate crowdsourcing places like upwork, freelancer. Setup your profile there and after you got and satisfied your client, they will directly come back to you.

saygorem

You can try user testing sites. Just search it in the internet and you will find many opportunities waiting for you. You can use your experience in BPO and it will give you leverage in this kind of work. Good luck!

USERX714

There is a learning curve, especially in the beginning; the main one being how to start getting traffic.

What I would suggest is joining clickbank (its free) and look for good quality products you can start promoting. They have a ton of offers you can promote and get a commission with. They also have monthly membership programs where you can get to keep a commission every month from one sale.

evachikka

HI Karla!

You can apply online like upwork which is an in demand online site for freelancers. You have an edge because you have an experience in BPO. Just make your profile attractive to clients like skills related to your main expertise such as virtual assistant. Virtual assistant is really in demand nowadays. Of course, you can try online teaching to kids outside the country. There may be pros and cons but surely once you get clients, success will just follow. Have a nice day!

ColdFlameChris

You first need to identify what kind of job you prefer. You can search for your suitable jobs at upwork, freelancer and Fiverr. There's tons of work that you can choose from. Hope you'll find the best online-job for you. Good luck.

tiffiecute

List down your skills' strengths and interests. Look for companies online offering home-based jobs that would require those in your list. Create an outstanding CV if needed. Make a good impression out of your profile. Offer a lower rate for your services since you are yet a newbie. If there is a qualifying exam to take, give much time to review. I recommend Scribie and Humanatic if you have excellent listening skills.

analogue

My first suggestion would be a freelance job. If you have special skills like web development, graphic design, or whatever then make it a point when creating a profile and CV that you'll be offering services in that certain field. When doing freelance work, don't try to apply to a lot of jobs instead choose your skill and market it. It will be a challenge at first but when you get the hang of it you'll be good. Secondly, you can try user testing different websites. Surveys are hard to come and some will just scam you so avoid it or take precaution.

Nancy G

I've working more than 6 years in the BPO industry and I get really tired of daily commute. Yep, transportation is my main problem - from hassle to really hassle. So I decided to start grabbing home based oppurtunities. But how would I start? any ideas and recommendation for a good platform? also do you have any suggestions regarding profiling? thanks much!
Your journey begins at that time you have decided you wanted to do homebased work. I agree there are many opportunities but also a lot of competition. You really have to make an effort to make your self standout from the crowd or if not, just continue and move on to the next available opportunity. As I have been mentioning in other forums, just keep an open mind, learn new skills and get the experience online. Sooner or later you will find one that will work for you.

Since you have the BPO experience, you can try as a customer service agent or sales representative or virtual assistant. You can apply with Rev, Upwork, PeoplePerHour, VirtualAssistants.ph, or even reputable international call centers who are getting remote agents.

You may also consider online English tutoring with sites like CAMBLY, bizmates.ph, 51NTalk.

Better yet, you can do online business or learn affiliate marketing.

Make a list of your other special skills like writing, design or photography, you can also apply as freelancer or turn your love for music or watching videos into money making opportunities. Do a search in the internet for legitimate sites and as a tip, before applying, bother to read reviews and check the website via SCAMADVISER to validate the company.

sweetpot81

First thing you should consider is if you are ready financially. Working as freelancer is different form having a regular job. Salary, benefits are just few of difference. I know how bad the traffic situation in Manila. It's not the work itself that makes you tired but the transportation. If you think that you are ready then their suggestions are worth trying. Goodluck!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.