Selling Products Online.

Melissa16

I have a ready-to-wear clothes business at home. And my customers are just my friends, neighbors and passersby.
I can't go to places where I can offer my products because I have kids to take care of. And I came up with this idea of
selling online to reach a wider audience and new customer pockets. I have Facebook and Twitter account, however, I don't
have any idea what to choose? Of course, I want a website where people can come to view my products.

Do you have any suggestion?

Jroldan

Hi! Aside from social media like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you can always go to online shops. There are so many online websites where you can sell items and will be reaching a wider audience to offer. There are customization for the item details, you can connect your social media accounts with your online shop's, and there are deals/offers so you can enjoy selling and buying. There are so many people going online to buy, and there are those who are already hunting and may inquire the moment you posted your item. I, too, was wondering where I could sell some items like shoes and bags. I tried Facebook messaging, but it didn't work. Maybe because I can only message my friends and also because I am shy to sell something where everyone I know can see, so I opted for online shops. Right now, I am not regretting my decision. You can do it too!

gjgcint

Hello. We sell our products through Instagram because many legit buyers use Instagram. Also there are many site that lets you post your product for free. As long as you can manage all selling your product in different channels, I think it is better so you can reach more people.

Hurry14

Going for Facebook may not be a bad idea because of the amount of users using it everyday. but having your own website is a better idea, because you can combine the use of it and Facebook to create traffic going to your website. Plus there's always the possibility of someone buying from Facebook, so it's a win win situation where you can advertise your website and sell your products online. And if your worrying about limited audience because it's just some people who you know. Just create a page and have your friends share it to spread the words, and you can also join sell groups in Facebook to sell your products there.
Good Luck on your Journey.

nashi05

Some of my friends they used Facebook in online selling, you can also search some online shop that are available to your country.
Create a account for your online selling and ask your friends to share your products. And don't hesitate to add more friends in your online selling account.

anor0428

Facebook has a wide range of audience which is best for promoting and selling your product. If you have accounts on other social media site, you can use it and connect it to your Facebook account. Once it is connected, anything that you will post there will be synced to your Facebook.

karlaaaaaa

Starting an online business is a good start for exploring business ventures. It will save you for a lot of expenses too like renting a shop for your goods, probably hire someone to look out and manage the business for you, it will also save your time, because you can keep your store open online while doing other task maybe your online jobs or taking care of your home duties. It offers a lot of flexibilities and also a wide range of potential customers. Make sure you solely focus on your business and keep track of your customers, eventually you will grow and succeed in no time.

chillxx

I also had the same problem when I fist started selling online. It really requires time and patience. In my case, i joined a lot of forums and as many groups online especially facebook. Once member, you will be allowed to post your products there and invite the audience to like your page. It's really easy and it's free.

RajSS

There are so many websites out there which let's you create you own website for free, but the one I would suggest is wix.com website. You can easily create and customize with a bunch of options and if you are ready to invest some money, then you can purchase a personal domain for your website, which will help the audience on the interest search you easily.

You should use a name for you website that people try to search on the web, also as you said you have Facebook and Twitter account, so you can use both of them for your product marketing. You can create pages on Facebook and upload some photographs of your products. Use Instagram to promote your products. It is the best way for product marketing.

Before selling products online, one advice for you, always try to take feedback and suggestions from all the customers which will help you expand your business widely.

sarsino

Yeah its really a good business idea to start selling on social media nowadays. There are many other e-commerce platform that you can place your products. One that i am using is carousel. Its free to start with. It has a very easy tools that any one can begin with. Its very simple to use, you can even download the apps through playstore.

jyy

You could also start a forum or blog around your store and then use pay-per-click ads, social media, guest blogging, and SEO to drive traffic to it. Note that there are a lot of shopping blog themes and possibly at least 3 or 4 good plugins. Anyway, though, make sure you gotta PayPal account before doing this stuff and you might even want to add more payment options. However, you need a bank account for PayPal and possibly the other methods.

evachikka

Hi Melissa, I have some tips to share with. Nowadays, the world and it's culture is continuously changing. We have to apply leverage to meet the changing satisfaction needs of the human taste. Leverage means you have to use whatever resources you have-everything. Since you wanna post your products online, you have to consider that people get attracted not just with your item but also on how it is presented online. Have some knowledge on photo editing like using photoshop to add effects on the background of your products. It should be well presented (neat, attractive simple background or side effects) not just in it's form but also on it's wordings. Since you are marketing your product, use words to attract the market. If you find it hard to use photoshop, try being creative on taking photos of your items. You can take a photo of them in a garden,studio,anything that would make it presentable. The more creative you are, the more you can attract people. Lastly, Never Give Up. Whether you use Facebook, Instagram,YouTube etc. never ever give up on posting your items. Just keep posting them. You can even post the comments of your customers or their words of appreciation to your items. Have a great day

tophew

My advice to you try to sell cloth's on amazon or ebay in that way many viewers are going to buy your cloth's because many people choose to buy things online so give it a try you might have a big income through online selling.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.