SEO for Beginners

SirenOnFire

What is SEO or Search Engine Optimization? As a newbie is this topic, I researched about it and this is what I learned so far, thanks to MOZ.

Well it's a marketing discipline that mainly points on organic or non paid search results, and its gaining popularity. It involves aspects of both creativity and technicality which are needed to enable better drive traffic, rankings and for search engines to be more recognized.

Furthermore, I learned that SEO is more of making your website organized in a way that search engines can easily recognize and understand it. It focuses on keywords to generate more traffic, making a search engine friendly site, links thay could be valuable to your site, as well as marketing.

Naseem

Well, as far as you say you are a beginner, these are indeed the basic points. But the most important thing is publishing fresh and unique content while you carry out off-page SEO activities as it has great effect on rankings.

Naksh

Yes, you've learned it right. On-Site Optimization of website is the initial stage of making your SEO work better while you perform Off-Page SEO activities.

fayeseom

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.

Tommy91

Theoretically that's it, buddy. You have to know how SEO is ONPAGE how friendly google is. Do I need to do SEO OFFPAGE? Or mainly focused on content is the main.

DanDigital

Thanks for this information, would you have something for someone ready to dive in a bit more? I'm looking to start up a website, and as I understand SEO is crucial in order to make my site visible on the internet so I would like to know everything I can before I start my journey, because I don't want to find myself completely unheard of after months of working on my site but having done some SEO mistakes.

Thanks, all advice is welcome!

Geoffrey09

I don't really own a website but I'm planning to have one, this article is really well written and informative. Very useful to those people who want to maximize google search engines and for people who wants to start their own site. Its like tips on how to advertise your site efficiently! Really good! Looking forward to your future works and I hope you'll help more people in the future. :)

Jacob.k

What is SEO or Search Engine Optimization? As a newbie is this topic, I researched about it and this is what I learned so far, thanks to MOZ.

Well it's a marketing discipline that mainly points on organic or non paid search results, and its gaining popularity. It involves aspects of both creativity and technicality which are needed to enable better drive traffic, rankings and for search engines to be more recognized.

Furthermore, I learned that SEO is more of making your website organized in a way that search engines can easily recognize and understand it. It focuses on keywords to generate more traffic, making a search engine friendly site, links thay could be valuable to your site, as well as marketing.
Thats pretty much correct except one thing... it's not gaining popularity it's very popular... everyone is trying to make it work their own way (good news is that 95% are bad efforts that leads to penalization).

Think of it as a supermarket... you have one passage, on the left and right are shelfs with products, bananas are with fruits, ice creams are in fridge... you have signs to se what section is where etc... that's what google is trying to make your website into if you want to play their game.

Thats oversimplified of course for a beginner, just to paint a picture...

Neal Patel

Always focus on content as Content is king in SEO. so make sure you publish unique content on your site to get better results.

Ryan_132

Good content is always important, but it's not king in SEO. It's not uncommon to see pages with much worse/less content ranking lower than pages with great content. I've seen sites rank higher than sites I am working on, and these sites literally have no content, just pictures. In my opinion, authority is more so "king".

vishwa

To learn the SEO you need to practice things yourself. Don't worry about failures as it will help you to learn the different aspect of SEO. However to lern more about SEO visit Google webmasters blog.

eeecentric

I agree with a lot that has been said. SEO helps websites get traffic using search engine algorithms that recognize websites that have content and links that are searched for. As someone who sometimes writes SEO content based articles, I am often incorporating keywords that the client wants me to include to be recognized by the search engine. Some want me to use the keyword very often in a given article, but the tricky part is smoothly including keywords seamlessly without it sounding obvious.

edwardkenway

For seo keyword is main thing, you have work with keywords so that google can recognize your website, by this way you'll also get lots of traffic for your website. Not only keywords beside it bookmarking , forum site, directory submission, blog commenting are very useful for a website ranking up. Social sites also works very well to recognize your site to the people.

Ryan_132

Ryan_132
Bookmarking, forum links, blog commenting are not very useful to increase your rankings. Directory submissions can be great, if they're actually good/moderated directories.

rankhigher

SEO is important for lots of companies because if people find you via a web search and find what they are looking for, you can receive lots of new web visitors that can help you make more money. Search engine wants to provide you the best, most useful results.SEO is often part of an overall online marketing strategy and complements other tactics like social media marketing, content marketing and more.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views