Noob here. Need help

gjgcint

I am new here! I want to learn SEO. Where do I start? What are the challenges? What are the best practices? I hope I will be welcomed. I really want to learn.

Hawker

Hello and welcome noob GJ noob! Where are you from then and how did you find Webmastersun out of curiositisity? :D

I want to learn SEO. Where do I start?

Start by reading through the threads in the SEO forums for a few days you'll pick up a lot of things!

Ask questions about how to do it but be specific as SEO covers many things. :D

What are the challenges?

Learning, applying, seeing your learning and applying becoming worth your learning and applying.

What are the best practices?

Don't learn and do black hat SEO. Don't cut corners. Learn how to DIY or die trying! :D

gjgcint

First thing to do is start reading the SEO forum.
Thank you. I will start doing it right now. What topic should I start with?

Hello and welcome noob GJ noob! Where are you from then and how did you find Webmastersun out of curiositisity? :D

I want to learn SEO. Where do I start?

Start by reading through the threads in the SEO forums for a few days you'll pick up a lot of things!

Ask questions about how to do it but be specific as SEO covers many things. :D

What are the challenges?

Learning, applying, seeing your learning and applying becoming worth your learning and applying.

What are the best practices?

Don't learn and do black hat SEO. Don't cut corners. Learn how to DIY or die trying! :D

Hi! thank you for your advice. This is the second advice that involves reading the forum. What are the Topics should I be learning first? I read several thread and I am overwhelmed with new terms. I hope I can learn this in a few weeks :rolleyes2:

Tommy91

I am new here! I want to learn SEO. Where do I start? What are the challenges? What are the best practices? I hope I will be welcomed. I really want to learn.
What Comes Under On Page Seo?
SEO OnPage starts by refining the code and content for your Web site so that search engines easily access and crawl your site. On-page SEO mainly improves HTML tags - including H1 tags, Title tags, Bold tags ... Here is a list of key elements that cater to the SEO OnPage you need to care about:

1. Title tag

Headlines, keywords, are the first elements that you can use to attract visitors as well as help a lot of search engines scanned through your site.

2. Meta Description

Many search engines use descriptive tags at any time, but it is best to put it right in the case. Put your keywords in the first part of the meta description tag.

3. Keyword meta tag (Meta keyword)

Meta keywords are still of great value to boost your site's rankings. Use keywords related to your article, about 10 words or more to get the best effect.
Today though Meta Keywords are no longer important to search engines anymore, however, you should still enter your main keywords into keyword meta tags to make it easier for robots to crawl.

4. Link name (URL)

The URL path name must be dynamic and match the name of the keyword.

5. Add the ALT attribute when displaying images

Most search engines are currently unable to analyze the images on the website, so you should use the ALT tag for images to help the search engines understand the content of the images. Also, when the path to the photo is still there. Then the content in ALT will be displayed instead of the image, allowing viewers to visualize the content of the image.

6. Heading card

The title tags H1, h2, and h3 use title tags to identify their key object types, and put your keywords in style at least once a title.

7. Valid HTML

Use the W3C HTML validator to determine if your page's HTML code is valid. A site with too many HTML errors will not be able to rank well in the SERPS.

8. Robots.txt

Robots.txt - Robots Exclusion Protocol, which helps webmasters guide search engines that they will be allowed to scan through any component of the site. For more information on robot.txt you can look at robotstxt.org.

9. Sitemap

Create an XML Sitemap to describe your sitemap that will allow search engines to crawl your site more easily.

10. Internal links

Build internal links between related articles. Building good links with other relevant articles will help your site have more chances of succeeding in increasing search engine rankings as well as making it easier for visitors. Because search engines like Google can identify the relationship between article content and links, internal links on the Web also serve as a guideline for website visitors as well as search engines.

OFF PAGE

You should focus on blogging and Web 2.0 not to make money for satellite money. The content you manage will certainly be very good quality, then just get backlink to your money site. If you miss a blog or Web 2.0 algorithm, your money site is not affected.

SEOPub

SEOPub

This is why I would say for the most part you should avoid trying to learn SEO from a forum. You will read a lot of BS like this post. Almost everything in this post is wrong, but if you know nothing about SEO, it all sounds reasonable. Forums can be useful for asking specific questions you have, but if you are going to try to learn SEO from here or 99.9% of other forums, you will likely just get misled.

I read a lot of books. Most of them are full of crap, like forums. However, this one is pretty good. A few years old, but still holds up to give you a basic understanding of how search engines work and how you should design your site.

https://www.amazon.com/Search-Engin...69&sr=8-1&keywords=seo+secrets+by+danny+dover

The second thing I would do is research silo structures for SEO. Bruce Clay and others have put out a lot of good information about silos. If you understand and implement silos, you will already be ahead of 99% of your competition.

Lastly, if you see anyone talking about the importance of meta descriptions, keyword density, nofollow/follow ratios in links, or content length, ignore everything else they have to say. They clearly have never ranked a webpage, and if they did, it was purely by accident.

LeatherCrafting

Let me start of with Google is your friend. Write in the right words in google and you will find useful information.

I will start of with what is SEO:

Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the simple activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines for words and phrases relevant to what the site is offering.

It's not really that hard to get into if you do the research on google, you could also look into courses from Udemy and find some pretty cheap SEO courses.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies