What is the best website to learn basic programming for free?

himitsu

Hello! I want to learn basic programming like python and C language. So please, help me find the best website that can make my programming life easier to understand. Thank you!

gjgcint

If you are a visual learner go to youtube. I highly recommend Thenewboston channel it really helped me a lot in learning the fundamentals. If you go to its comment section you will almost all of the comments are have a positive thing to say. I also think that should have a base programming language. Phyton is made to puts emphasis on coding with lesser codes. Just make sure that you learn the fundamentals.

Jud

Their's so many programming langauage tutorial online for free just search for them such as w3school.com, tutorials point.com, codeacademy.com, lynda.com, treehouse.com and many more. You just have to choose site where you want to learn but the most important to learn is by yourself just loop your learning practice more and more. Self learning is good since it teaches you work some problems by yourself.

jaymish

I think this is a brilliant step. I'm also thinking of doing the same . I hope I can help. They are a few online teaching sites that do this. Try Udemy. This has both free and paid courses.It has a variety of courses in various subjects. When asked for payment options click on free.

You can also try Codemy. This, in my opinion, would be best for you. This site provides purely coding lessons for free. Good luck on your coding journey. Hope I can join you soon.

Mike001

There are many good sites to choose from, I would be cautious of YouTube as many of the videos on the site are outdated and have material that does not follow "Best Practices". The NewBoston site mentioned above is a good site but again a lot of the material is outdated. That is not necessarily the fault of the site as it takes a lot of time to make the videos and the web standards have been changing frequently the last couple of years.

Code Academy is also a good site that dives into many different programming languages.

RenderedElite

CodeCademy is easily the best free resource for an interactive learning experience. You will actually learn by DOING and not just watching a video or reading a tutorial. It's fun, it's easy, and it's a quick way to learn programming.

Louieee

You need to introduce your self to "Learn python the hard way". and you need to go through it all from start to finish, I don't mean to be the only negative post in this thread, but programming isn't just watching 5 videos and reading a 20 page ebook. You seriously need to go slow, day by day, week by week and you need to put in the time, the interest, the effort, the willpower and the passion to truly make it.

Otherwise you'll just end up getting bored of watching OTHER people telling you how to program and you'll tune out of it.
My advice is, pick a language like Python, then try to write a VISUAL GUI calculator program in it complete from the start. Once you finish that program you'll know what i mean.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.