What's the use of Instagram, when you can also post photos on Facebook?

schrudee83

I have both Instagram and Facebook account. Sometimes, I don't quite get it because what happens is I tend to double post; post on Ig and post on FB. What I like about Instagram though is that it directly shows photos and quick videos. It's like actually defined for multimedia. What I like best is that you cannot grab the photos easily, so there's privacy and security. What I like about Facebook is that you have lots of options on posting. It's more attractive and is easy to use.

What do you think is its Ig's main purpose? Excited to hear your thoughts about this guys. :)

Rob Whisonant

The main purpose of Instagram is to share pictures with friends and family.

lovefoxycharms

In Instagram, if mainly focuses on a picture and its quality. Do you just post random pictures on your Instagram account? For me, I just post pictures that I think are high quality and very memorable or attractive to me. While on Facebook, I usually post almost very randomly and I post albums. Instagram is a matter of art in photos while Facebook is about viewing posts whether photos or words. Just my two cents!

ColdFlameChris

Yeah, that's right. If we can do all those things on Facebook, why should we still create an Instagram account. I guess, Instagram dominates when it comes to photo sharing but isn't that what Facebook can do as well? Maybe because in other countries, they prefer Instagram rather than Facebook or vice versa.

lucykups

Like what you said and most of the replies; Instagram is for multimedia purposes. You can easily see the photos that are much important, other than facebook. In you facebook you can post anything, and it will take time if you want to go back on those posts that you'd like to see again. Instagram helps you to be more creative in our posts and helps you to define what really is good quality

victoroj

I think some people use Instagram to follow their favorite artists/musicians/groups/actors/actresses. More often than not, artists and different personalities are on Instagram posting photos and IG stories than on Facebook. Also, some people like to show their creativity by using themes on the Instagram feed. It's actually fun to see your own feed with a theme, it allows you to not just upload pictures but upload pictures with a touch of art. Lastly, the hashtags in Instagram is very useful and fun at the same time.

gelotologist

I think the main reason why people are more on Instagram rather than Facebook is the way of browsing on it. For me I would rather browse the Instagram rather than Facebook because most famous celebrities are there and i'ts rare to see celebrities on Facebook. Also, Instagram are for selfie addicts where all you can post and see are pictures.

Yayish

Facebook and Instagram has a different concept. The main purpose of instagram is sharing your pictures in a creative way. It actually brings out the artsy side in you because you want to make your feed a "feed goal." People don't just usually post random pictures on instagram but we can post everything on facebook. There is a term used "instagrammable" which means it's an instagram worthy photo or something that would amaze yoir viewer. Instagram also brings out our hidden photography skills. When we take pictures, we want to make sure that we got the right angle, enough amount of lighting, good background and the like.

aretteprieve

I think Instagram is the place where you can share really good photos and videos: it means they should be of high quality and really attractive. Plus Instagram offers 'stories' feature that the user really like to post. I think Facebook is more for communication with friends and family and Instagram for posting photos and browsing celebrities accounts

mdsarang

I have both Instagram and Facebook account. Sometimes, I don't quite get it because what happens is I tend to double post; post on Ig and post on FB. What I like about Instagram though is that it directly shows photos and quick videos. It's like actually defined for multimedia. What I like best is that you cannot grab the photos easily, so there's privacy and security. What I like about Facebook is that you have lots of options on posting. It's more attractive and is easy to use.

What do you think is its Ig's main purpose? Excited to hear your
thoughts about this guys. :)
I think Instagram brings out your creativity in your posts. It makes your photos more pleasing and IG let's you download photos and videos fast. I also think it's more personal than Facebook. I don't know if it's just me but Facebook feels crowded.

Dictator20

Instagram and Facebook has their own purposes, The real purpose of Instagram is for you to share your pictures and only PICTURES. And in Facebook you can post what ever you want. And still its up to you where did you wanna like to share your pictures. But I will tell you again that they surely have their different purposes.

HazelDJ

Based on my observation, Instagram is used formally than any other social media account. I have a friend who uses Instagram for her business. She has a Facebook account but she uses it for less formal situations such as posting her pictures in a rave party with her friends but she never posts it on Instagram.

KareemCartwright

People using Instagram because it is the place to see their favorite celeb's activity because most famous celebrities are there and it's rare to see celebrities on Facebook. On Instagram, you can Post your creative videos and photos which is the best place to increase popularity and fans. Whenever I go outside with my friends and family I always post my photos with them on Instagram and because of my lovely followers, it is easy to get more and more likes on my Post.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.