Be careful with your Facebook account.

Henrywrites

I feel hurt as I write this for my close friend just lost his Facebook account in which he has more than two thousand friends with more than five hundred active ones that always comment as well as like the amazing posts that he always make daily on which he teaches as well as enlighten on critical issues involving financial management, marital life as well as poilitics. I got curious when his profile picture changed yesterday morning to a lady that does not look familiar, so I chatted him up but could not get any reply from him and after constant messaging without replies, I decided to call him up last night.

It was during our voice call that he told me that he can't access his Facebook account anymore and when I tried to know what really caused it was when he told me that he always click on multiple links using his Facebook account. That was when it struck me that one of those links must have collected his details and used it to change evcerything on his account. I advised him to open a new account and forget that one. And that is the reason I'm writing to let everyone be careful of the links you click on using your Facebook account so as not to run the risk of having your account hacked as well.

ron13315

For me, its strange that his Facebook was hacked just by clicking multiple links. Maybe he tried to login his account in a fake facebook or phishing site.

Keibah

It is strange that multiple links would that to his account but I feel sorry for him loosing all those friends and a medium where he enlightens people. I will take note of this anyways.

jessicarousey

I highly doubt it was phishing. Facebook isn't safe, Internet isn't safe generally. We should be cautious with every links especially the suspiscious ones. Facebook should also work on this. Especially the fake contents posted and shared that will lead you to an unknown site that has tons of pop ups and suspicious links and maybe viruses.

spartan14

Well i dont understand how he get banned if he clicks on links .In general facebook ban people who make spaming ,psihing posts ,racial etc .But who knows what would be with those links

mildredtabitha

I feel hurt as I write this for my close friend just lost his Facebook account in which he has more than two thousand friends with more than five hundred active ones that always comment as well as like the amazing posts that he always make daily on which he teaches as well as enlighten on critical issues involving financial management, marital life as well as poilitics. I got curious when his profile picture changed yesterday morning to a lady that does not look familiar, so I chatted him up but could not get any reply from him and after constant messaging without replies, I decided to call him up last night.

It was during our voice call that he told me that he can't access his Facebook account anymore and when I tried to know what really caused it was when he told me that he always click on multiple links using his Facebook account. That was when it struck me that one of those links must have collected his details and used it to change evcerything on his account. I advised him to open a new account and forget that one. And that is the reason I'm writing to let everyone be careful of the links you click on using your Facebook account so as not to run the risk of having your account hacked as well.
Thank you very much for warning us. I feel bad for your friend and I think we shouldn't conclude that it is the links he clicked. I hope he changes the password on all his online accounts to prevent any further loss.

Facebook is very sensitive and some sites like crowdflower requires us to log in with Facebook. Although you adviced him to open another and forget that one, I recommend that he contacts Facebook so they can track his activities and help him get it back. :D

vishwa

Add mobile number to your account and enable two factor authentication definitely prevent unauthorized access to your account. Its really bad to heard about your friends Facebook account. But clicking links on Facebook won't lead your account to be hacked. Its is something else or he has been trapped by hackers.

Kieranlewix

I am very surprised to hear this.I am aware that Facebook bans people for posting spam and affiliate links but I have not heard of sites that are set up just for stealing account information.I also think he should contact Facebook because he cannot be sure what information exactly was gotten from the hack.The hacker could have other sensitive information and also have used Facebook as a front to know passwords to other linked networks and platforms.H e should also be careful from now on to avoid clicking on random links.Kindly pass my concerns to your friend and encourage him to take heart.

johnmctown

Yes, we should be careful with our facebook accounts, it contains enough information about us. Having an account means you have to be responsible enough to keep the account. Well I've heard a lot of stories about accounts being hacked, my take on it, be cautious on whatever you do when your online. There are a lot twisted programmers who just want to test their special projects on line specially on facebook. Hacking is not new to this system. Although facebook has it's own security it does not mean it is not vulnerable to attacks. Prevention is always better than cure. Try to be cautious clinking on links, curiosity does kill a cat.

ProxyMania

Facebook is made to record our Credentials and all information.So one day if someone accusing you and blackmailing you are easy to find and easy to track down.So hide your true identity and never ever write your true credentials for security purposes.Facebook is not safe.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views