Strategies to analyze target customers

jessicarousey

Do you have a strategy or any systematic ways to know what your customers really want, dislike, need, etc? Or maybe some tools you are using, maybe you could suggest some? I would like to know your insights about this stuff. I've been losing customers lately and for me to bring them back I need to do something and know where have I gone wrong so I could make it right. Some suggestions and insights would really help.

pjprins

A few thoughts:

1. The best way to find out is to do a survey of your existing visitors/subscribers. Period. There are various tools that allow you to do it for free. Even if just a handful of people complete it, you will still be able to see if there are any items that commonly pop up.

2. If you changed anything in your page content or layout, you may want to use HotJar insights - a tool that analyzes visitor usage of your pages, and tells you where you are losing visitors.

3. Did you change anything in your site/blog recently? if you did, did it perhaps slow your site/blog down? That could cost you. Maybe you activated an additional plugin or two, or substituted one for another - and the way the new plugin(s) work slows the site down. Or maybe you added a new theme/template/header image/slider...

Any of those could be the culprit.

Once again, if you suspect that might be the case, there are various free tools that will let you check your website/blog speed online, and even show you exactly what causes it to be slow.

Last edited:

bijutoha

mrseth1993

It would help if you put the nature of your business. But in general, try to consider the demands of the consumers nowadays in the business world. Hope you don't get me wrong on this but maybe in general, customers wanted more or want some changes in their needs. Try to conduct surveys to your customers or make a page where they place their comments and suggestions so that you'll know your customers feedback. An aftersales services maybe an exert of effort but it's worth to try to reach out to your previous customers. Hope it'll help you.

mastrodigital

Google Analytics is really helpful to get a better understanding of who your users/customers are. Look at their age, interests, location, and similar demographics. I like to also analyze what pages and products are getting the most views and if users are spending a lot of time on them. Bounce rates and exit rates can help give you a hint that certain pages need optimizing too.

Nancy G

First of all, you need to know whether people visiting your website match the perceived target market of your products. As mentioned by other writers, there are ready available tools which you can use to analyze the pattern. You mentioned you have been losing customers lately? Have you done after-sales service with your existing customers? Maybe you can reach out to them and get feedback especially on their experience in using the product and perceived value for money. Are your products up-to-date in terms of fashion or tends. For the rest, you can probably run a poll or survey and gain some insights. Video marketing is in nowadays. Seek help in terms of making an effective ad campaign or presenting your blog. Focus not only in showing the product and its tangible benefits but also in highlighting the good feeling in using the product. Explore other social media websites specifically patronized by your target consumers to maximize exposure.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.