Profile Link Creation

Naksh

Its a tactic used by SEO professionals to gain dofollow/nofollow backlinks from reputed sites.

Rob Whisonant

Profile links use to work with SEO. They are a total waste of time now. They are very low quality links and will not help you rank a site.

Profile links are links in your profile on forums and other sites that you join and can fill out a profile. For example, your profile page here on WMS.

Naseem

Thank you for your responses guys! Can you suggest me better alternatives? as you stated they are out of use now!

csspest

If a forum has a high PR and is a follow link surely by that definition it is a useful link?

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
No it would not mean it is a useful link. For one thing, the content of the profile page would not be relevant to the page being linked. Think about it...

A forum about cars linking from a user profile page to a page about women's makeup. The link would be pure garbage. It would not even get type-in traffic.

Plus PR has not been published for a long time. And then, it related to the page, not the site.

Think before you link. :)

csspest

Just because Google do not publish PR does not mean that it doesn't exist. Its still very important in terms of passing "link juice".

premiumproxies

It is a big Technique of Off Page SEO. You can get a lot of Backlink on Profile Link Creation.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
So much of mixed responses! I'm getting confused :)
You should read and analyzing to find out which answer is exactest :)

According to me, Rob and SEOPub answered exactly.

Profile links use to work with SEO. They are a total waste of time now. They are very low quality links and will not help you rank a site.

Profile links are links in your profile on forums and other sites that you join and can fill out a profile. For example, your profile page here on WMS.
No SEO professional uses that "tactic".

Only people using profile links are spammers. They are a total waste of time. Complete garbage links.

eestiman

Yes, profile links are pretty dead now. I wouldn't recommend using them anymore.

You should read and analyzing to find out which answer is exactest :)

According to me, Rob and SEOPub answered exactly.
Yes, really good and full responces.

leahjean_2019

It depends on the type of website you are creating a profile on. If you create a profile on a website that's related to your niche, it can work. Also, when you create a profile, try to use it as much as possible.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views