Is Facebook still effective to promote what you're selling?

amichdom

I have seen a few videos about affiliate marketing using Facebook, it seems much easier than building your own website and the speakers who have reviewed about it said they sold a lot than expected. What are your opinions about this? If there are other platforms to promote what do you suggest?

williamk

I believe in the power of Facebook marketing, I have benefitted from it. I have sold a dozen items on Facebook, one of them was by creating a product page and it grew to many followers who some of them became my customers. You can create a page about a niche product that you want to sell, then you market to the members indirectly by making them believe they can not do without it.

amichdom

I believe in the power of Facebook marketing, I have benefitted from it. I have sold a dozen items on Facebook, one of them was by creating a product page and it grew to many followers who some of them became my customers. You can create a page about a niche product that you want to sell, then you market to the members indirectly by making them believe they can not do without it.
That's great! I was just about to start mine but was thinking that maybe I couldn't really sell much because there are many competitors already. Have you ever decided to try opening a shopify account instead?

Yes Facebook is still effective in promoting selling on line. A lot of posts I have on Facebook are selling. They even have promos.
What kind of promos? I guess that's what people really love if they can have discounts on buying products. But for a newbie like me I can't still afford that kind of thing as it's really hard to get money nowadays. Do you happen to sell on FB as well? I hope I can have tips from you.

Gazoo

I have seen a few videos about affiliate marketing using Facebook, it seems much easier than building your own website and the speakers who have reviewed about it said they sold a lot than expected. What are your opinions about this? If there are other platforms to promote what do you suggest?
You can benefit from using Facebook to make affiliate sales or conversions but it's better to have a website or blog to direct people to rather than posting affiliate ads or promotional posts on Facebook directly.

If you setup some kind of site with affiliate reviews or that has affiliate advertising and use Facebook to direct people to that site you'll probably see much better results than just trying to get sales from Facebook directly.

You might also want to be careful of many of those so-called Facebook marketing guru's in many of those videos because many of them don't really know what they are doing other than just promoting their method, system or whatever.

If you do affiliate marketing the wrong way on Facebook you can easily get your account banned either temporarily or permanently.

lovefoxycharms

Yes, I do think that Facebook is still a very reliable one since almost anyone in this world right now already have an account on Facebook. Even babies and even dogs! LOL But true enough because this is free and I see countless online shops in there. I am pretty sure that you can sell your items easily in Facebook if you know what to do in there. For example, joining groups in it, etc.

johnmctown

Promos like discounts or limited offer to the first ones to order. Yes we did it before with my wife. We sell jewelries on facebook but we keep it in a local market. My tip would be give a reasonable price to your customers because when you're just starting it's important, adjust price later when you have enough customers to boost income. If you post pics i would suggest that you would be in it cause it's proves you're legit and put a note that the item is on hand. Be fast in replying to queries and most important is you make sure for yourself that your buyer can pay. We prefer customers who works on the same place with my wife. Offer them mode of payments that they can adjust to like spot cash with discount, 2 payments with interest or even 3 months to pay. Treat your customers right, always listen to them. And please don't deal with people who are very late making payments again. Protect your reputation as a seller, wild fire spreads fast on facebook.

Aryan

I think nothing is better than Facebook ads, I want to provide my real experience here, Facebook is still one of the best items for us to sell flowers and gifts on occasions. We use to Facebook ads for our products, but we make our budget high on occasions like New Year, Valentine's Day etc. and we have been consistently benefited with facebook ads.

BelindaMT

Yes it is still effective but not as effective like email marketing. Don't get me wrong my business benefits by using facebook so just go on and use facebook.

yuary

Nowadays Facebook have generates approximate number of people you reached and with such a large used base it is also good and effective to used in promoting and marketing strategies. Most common is using Facebook page especially for those who have small business and wants to promote their products. Also it is good to used this platforms because Facebook ads is inexpensive compared to other forms of online marketing strategies. You really have target because there are large base of audience who used it.

SirenOnFire

In my opinion, using Facebook rather than creating a website for stuff you sell would make a whole lot sense. Not only would it be much easier to get more views, but also in this community, you have an automatic community and prospect buyers. You won't have to spend much time generating traffic and all that, but you can focus on inviting people to your page. I guess what I'm really trying to say is you have a target audience here, if you get more popular, then you can link your FB page to your website. If you're a newbie though, starting a website doesn't seem to be the most sensible thing to do.

SimplyD

Yes, it is effective if you have lots of friends who are intersted in the products that you are telling. One satisfied friend would make a testimonial about it in Facebook and her friends and friends of friends will be able to see it , thus the product will be known as to how good it is through facebook.
That happens here in the Philippines, where it is the most widely used social media, from teeners to old people.

Hurry14

My answer is a "Big YES" because Facebook has the most potential if your looking for customers online. Millions of people everyday, so your chances are high to sell the stuffs or things you want to sell. Because even though it might be hard at first, you just have to endured that to get you first customer and when that happens. That customer will also attract other customers that he/she knows that is also looking or needs the products or services that your offering online. So just try your best to attract many people to notice your products or services and wait for the right customer that is really willing to buy or purchase whatever you have.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views