Email or Social Media, which one do you prefer?

jessicarousey

In my own opinion, I'd prefer both. Each of them has their own importance. The thing is with social media is that you need to actually engage with your post. With email if done right (like making sure your emails don't go in the spam box) then it is very effective. Some people would say that Email is dead, but actually it isn't. It is still often used to communicate with brands online.

Id prefer both.

johnmctown

I prefer social media, I've used facebook in doing business before. You get more interactions on facebook. I've never used emails.

BelindaMT

This is my opinion base on my experience as business woman. When you post your business in social media like facebook for example, not all your friends there can view your advertisement or post. Unlike email or email marketing as what they said, since you have a direct contact to your prospect customer, you can gain more sales because you can directly answers their queries and you can make sales right away by just explaining and simple sales talk.

Mick M

Drive traffic from social media, to become subscribers to your email list.

You use both, in different ways.

The reach of social media has dropped every year - I think it's now down to around 3%, while the open rate of email is still 30%.

So if you're trying to build a following, email is gonna be better in the long run.

Use social media to create awareness, and use email to build the following.

itsmeryjoy

I would go for social media, especially nowadays people has their own social media even kids. It's more convenient as well especially when you are doing business because once you posted or advertise something a lot of people will see it automatically, your friends or even someone whome you doesn't know but just sharing your posts. Unlike email that you need to manually send it to all people you wanted to read it.

analogue

Both serves a different purpose. E-mail is a more formal and personal way of communicating and often use on businesses. Social media excel in a way that it is more convenient since almost everybody on the internet has a social media account and therefore can easily access your stuff.

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix
I would also go for both methods.The truth is that both of them have their pro's and cons and in none is better than the other.Emails are are a more direct way of communicating to customers but the problem is that in this new age,emails are not so popular.Yes some emails are automatically vetted by your email provider and sent to the spam folders,but how many emails do you read that are in your primary folder?It just seems like everything is a scam nowadays.Personally I check very few emails and those are only the ones I get from trusted sites that I work with.The rest are just my work emails.Other than that,the remaining ones just remain unopened for security purposes.i have heard confessions from friends and family that some opened an email which was actually containing a virus and that's how their phones stopped working.People have become skeptical about emails though we know some are actually helpful.

Social media is also good for advertising but look at it this way,despite having a following of about 10,000 people,how many of them are interested in reading what you post?Most people are there to interact and look for partners.This may work against you and hence it is not so great after all.Good but not great,that's what I say.There are down sides to everything and you should not let that deter you from using any of these methods.They will both yield results eventually.

eatskm

I think it depends on your purpose. If you are one of the affiliate marketers I would suggest that you use social media. A lot of potential clients are on facebook, instagram, twitter 24/7. That's why it's more effective to use it when you want to have more commission and sales. If you're going to use it in a formal aspect, that's the time that you should use your email. Even though we are in the modern era, formal writing is still used nowadays for business meetings, proposals and invitations but to send your message to your client or boss it should be sent via email.

Jacob.k

when you have someone's email, you have, essentially, piece of their private life, and access to their smaller circle of trust. If they want to give you access to that they need to make different kind of interaction and action. They need to brake their flow and give you email and press subscribe and then they wait for something you have to offer them.

While on social media they are in same flow... liking pages, following other accounts, something they do all the time...

I like to think in that sphere about those 2 types of marketing

kentotin123

Social media and email have different purposes but has a simililarity. For example email and social media is used for communication. Email is more private and one to one interaction while social media is one to many you can share ideas by posting. I do prefer using email because its private all the data is secured you are the only one who can see it.

jayveeramos07

Actually I agree with you. I trust the contents that I saw in my Email compare to what I saw in Social Media. For me, I never encountered scam or malicious applications in the history of my Email usage. The security patches in Email sites are more rigorous than Social Media, or maybe scammers are far more interested penetrating sites that many people constantly and interactively participating like Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram and many more.

For security, I think email is more promising, but for marketing and advertisement Social Networking Sites are more effective. Many people can see and be aware of what you are posting. Easy to share and repost. They can see your advertisement just unintentionally or just by browsing their friends or followers activity. Some uses tickers, a very helpful feature of Social Media. Those privileges are not present in Email.

For me, you can try advertising in Social Media by putting catchy posts, images and/or videos and adding your Email for inquiries. On the other hand, if you want to use and concentrate using Emails there are three things we can do: Consistently send information and details to all of your contacts (we just hope that on their end it will appear right on the Inbox tab, not on Spam. We cannot control those.), second is ask your message recipients to forward the information to their contacts and raise awareness of your business and lastly, reply interactively to the inquiries, build relation and recommend your item, product or services to them.

You can use either Email or Social Media, but I suggest you use both. Just take extra precautions in Social Media and assure the readers that your business is not one of those scams circulation over internet. Best of luck!

eish

Hi, yes I agree with you that it seems like people trust what they see in their e-mail better than the trends on social media. I am typically one of them. Based on my opinion, I would rather be receiving important notifications through my e-mail rather than through social media but on the other hand, social media is very effective when it comes to marketing specially when you are running your business online.

mastrodigital

I personally like to use a mix of both. Social media marketing allows you to instantly increase brand awareness, promote products, and share content. Email marketing can be done through services like Mailchimp but take longer to build up. Once you have a large social media following and email list you can drive a lot of traffic and sales through them both.

kevinfeb4

Social Media is the more casual cousin of the more formal way that is Email. Probably, you can do your scouting and/or marketing on Social Media since it allows a more creative manner of finding your target audience. When you get your audience to reach out to you, this is when you communicate with them using Email which would suggest a more formal nature of your business and would build credibility to your brand. :)

Heather

Seriously? Why do you have to choose when you can do both? That's actually 2 different ways of marketing, both can be helpful. And if you're a marketer you will never settle on one strategy because that will only minimized the growth of your market.

aretteprieve

I prefer social media as well: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are very effective for business

ion

Social media for me, because almost all of my friends or person I need to send messages are always online on their social media, much better to use for me, rather than to an e-mail. The other thing is you know already if they are interested to answer your messages or not, and the worst thing is if your messages is just seen from the receiver. But in term's of business or work, or some related to your job, e-mail is much more formal way to messages them, because they are not just typical friends, we need formality for that even in a messages.

victoroj

I use the social media more often than not. Primarily because everyone is on social media right now. Even kids at seven or eight are very well into social media, the elderly people are also using social media to interact with family and friends. We get to interact to a lot of people just by building our brand using the social media.

shanejhane

Promoting business in social media is really helpful, especially when you are starting business and you don't know how to market you products.
Most of the people today much active on social media while in email they need to notify first to look for their new message on email. The difference is in email it's much look professional that using social media. Both you can use, that will help you advertise your business.

Pearl88

I would have to go with Social media on this one. I say social media because social media is where everyone is constantly these days. Word seriously travels extremely fast on social media sites. It's so easy to share the post, upload and instant message back and forth. No one will miss any of your marketing on social sites. Also because that type of platform is much more fun in my opinion.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.