Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects?

Krisha

Both are great editors but I recommend Adobe After Effects, though it is much complicated to use because it has a lot of features than that of Sony Vegas'. Try using it first and if you find it hard to use, try the other one. After Effects is best for adding effects to your video. I don't know if Sony Vegas can do that though. Just try using it and try to watch some tutorials in Youtube to help you find the best and most comfortable video editing software to use. :)

baban

After Effects is better than Sony Vegas. The motion and the efficiency and high definition effects.

Rob Whisonant

Are you talking Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere Pro? Adobe Premiere Pro is a video editing program like Sony Vegas. Adobe After Effects is a motion graphics and special effects program.

Let us know what you want to accomplish and we can point you to what you need.

dhovorka

dhovorka
You are right, I ws also struggeling with the anwser who is the better video editing tool. After Effects is not for video editing, it is for animation and effects in video (as the name is saying). However After Effects is in many cases compared with Sony Vegas which might be a combination of Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. To simple say one or the other is better is not easy. Learning curve - Sony Vegas, Functional and Rendering - Adobe After Effects, Price - Sony Vegas, Production Workflow - Adobe After Effects ....

justraf16

I prefer adobe after effect for Movie Editor. For me It's easy to use and have a lot of tools to use for editing.

jeksaturday

Both programs are good but I would strongly recommend Adobe After Effects since it has more features that to those of Sony Vegas Pro, though it is very complicated to use. You may also like Adobe Premiere it is much easier to work onto that After Effects. After Effects is best for adding effects to your video especially if you are into advanced graphic content.

wiljonjr

Ill be suggesting Sony Vegas Pro since you are asking for a movie editor because Adobe After Effects is commonly use for creating graphical animation and high end video effects although you can also edit videos here but not as easy editing in Sony Vegas Pro.

yuekai

For me Adobe After Effect is the best, it's easy to use than Sony Vegas and also there is a lot of people using After Effects so you can gather information or tutorial easily on this. There is another video editor also which they called Adobe premiere, it's more on editing I guess than After Effects which is focused on animation.

Aby

I would suggest you use Adobe After Effects. It has way more features than Sony Vegas. Also there is ton of material available to help you if you get stuck somewhere while using After Effects. You could also find lot of help to get you started to use After Effects.
I doubt there are enough tutorials/materials to help you if you use Sony Vegas.

bijutoha

I am a user of After Effects that keeps me up and makes me happy.

One important thing is that the AE is completely different software, designed and developed for giving effects on videos that are already edited (This is a common purpose).
I remark that AE has wonderful options, tools and many third-party scripts and plugins needed to animate text and graphics!

For your information, If you are the Illustrator user you can import an illustrator file straight into After Effects. I love this feature since they are both Adobe applications. Any of the artwork is repaired in Illustrator, it will then update automatically in AE.

One thing that I need to mention here is that It is easy for learning, one or two days is enough.

Best of luck!

Dandil

I would choose Sony vegas, AE has a lot of bugs and it is not well optimized

sonnyside

These two actually complements each other. After you're done editing with Sony Vegas, you can add visual effects and motion graphics with After Effects. But, for simple video like for vlogging as a youtube, Sony Vegas is fine.

If you're going for more visual effects, After Effects is to go for. But, it does come with a higher learning curve and more time spent in your video.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads