Have you ever been scammed online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viggn

The quest for online jobs has made scammers bold enough to be scamming people. I remember being scammed few years back, after that experience I became wise. How do I decipher these scammers:

1 When the offer is too good to be true, then it is not true, flee
2 When you are asked to pay training fees, this usually happens in data entry work, then know that it is a scam site
3 There are sites that will not ask you for payment but will end up not paying when you want to cashout, so I always do review/google the site for better information. What about you? Have you ever been scammed and what measures did you take to curtail such?

Judas2018

NEVER. i vet everything very carefully before paying for or buying anything. I also don't pay for anything I know shouldn't cost me. Like job opportunities and such. When it comes to buying things, I know how much shipping should cost depending on item and distance whereas someone trying to gauge me with an outrageous shipping price tag.

johnrajiv123

Nope and I intend to leave it that way. Online scammers are very creative so we have to level up our game. To start with, I always pay via cash on delivery every time I purchase something online. I don't take online jobs that asks for any training fees or any fees at all. Reading the reviews and ratings of a particular online job is also very important as it gives you a heads up and set your expectations.

johnmctown

No I have not experienced it yet. Doing business on line means you have to be cautious all time. I deal with top rated sellers when purchasing on line. I read reviews about sellers. It is better to make research about the item you want to purchase, is it worth it? Know where it came from.

tenthztar

I did and it is one of the stressful days of my life. I even encouraged my cousin to join it, But eventually it turned out to be a scam. Now i am very vigilant to every transactions i take so i won't get scammed again.

Joie

Yes. It was that time when I wasn't aware that these things could happen online. It was an online seller of makeup.The transaction went well at first, but she did not reply after I sent her the money. Fortunately, it was just a small amount, but I've learned my lesson and I have been shopping in a reputable big company makeup seller online.

SimplyD

I actually received an offer through my email that I will be receiving a big amount of money because the rich woman is dying and she doesn't trust her relatives so she wants it to be given to me instead. Wow! That was really a scam! On the first place who would like to leave his money to a person she never knew and haven't even met in person.
And yes, I agree. Those that ask for an initial cash for joining or training fees, they are certainly scams.
Even those survey sites who don't pay, they are scams too.
The moment I see that it's like that, I don't continue.

gelotologist

No I haven't yet experienced being scammed online, the reason would be I'm a guy who loves to perfect things and ask for guidance first before doing something. But I'll admit that there were times that was so closed on getting scammed but again what I did is I ask questions first.

baban

I always research and read review about the website before i join. freelance looking for online job must have the awareness that not every Good offers are legit.

HannaMN

I haven't experienced it on online jobs but in online games, yes! And if that happens a lot in games, how much more in real life or on online jobs. The good thing is, scammers teach us to be alert and help us to become more careful and observant before making any decision. To avoid scammers, I use google first and search if they are legit or not. Even on online shops, don't forget to check the reviews of the previous customers, it helps a lot. Before making transactions online, always ask questions. We should always be cautious and wise on everything that we do.

jaymish

The internet is the new frontier for scams. From emails that promise you money to use your account, to online jobs that make you work and don't pay you or pay you peanuts. What we tend to forget is that the internet is not some faceless angel, but is made up of society which has its share of crooks. Before I work online, I do my research, I look at various reviews about a site, before I invest my time and energy into working there. I also try to learn the skills necessary to work at that site, because some people work on online jobs without skills, when they are not paid for doing shoddy work, they call the site a scam.

SireRumu

It's embarrassing to admit it but yes, I've been scammed a few times online. I won't blame it entirely on the scam sites, I just got greedy and was in a rush to make more in a short time. Am talking about money making sites, especialy PTC sites. Asides that, I don't think I've been scammed really bad like the stories I hear every now and then.

I've received suspicious emails multiple times and joined many sites asking for initial deposit to either get tools or special trainings. But I never do until I am sure and certain that it's not a scam.

mildredtabitha

Yes. I have been scammed online not once but twice. Both of the two sites that scammed me are PTC sites. I never invested my money but they scammed me in terms of time and energy.

The first site paid people when they reached minimum but it was publicized as scam and even blocked by payment authorities before I made my first cashout.

The second site never allowed me to cash out after reaching minimum. That is how I got scammed. :D

DesmondHayes

I was never scammed on the Internet because I'm very careful to whom and where to give my personal information. The Internet is a great place and behind every corner of that great space is some scammer. I recommend that you always be on guard whenever you go online.

ahmed

i have been scammed on a bitcoin investment website which was fake and i lost some money and reported to its domain registrar and hosting provider to delete the account and they deleted it but the site came back online i think.

Keibah

I haven't been scammed before although these scammers are quite daring and creative too. Once they ask you to pay a fee, that's a red light. Run.
Some will make you do tasks and when it's time to cash out, you will be automatically logged out. I hope not to fall victim.

SireRumu

Nope and I intend to leave it the way. I like the way it sounds, straight to the point. Correct me if am wrong, but not all site that request for sign up or training fees are scam. They are quite a lot of them that offer genuine services. I also agree with the review reading before signup.. I do that all the time. However, even reviews have been proven to be scams sometimes. We can never be to careful.

Jacob.k

I have been scammed few times... I fell for 2 "shiny instant money on click" but tbh I'm glad that happened because that propelled me to this business... I learned for maybe $50 all together that money cant be made that way (I was very young when that happened) and that made me dream more and work harder...

jovie10

I've been a victim of this once. That was happened a few months ago, I ordered an items from an unfamiliar seller, she ask me to pay her before she shipped out my item. so I did, I transfered money to her bank account not knowing she is a BIG scammer! I really feel bad that time but nothing I can do about it. But there's a good thing I've learned and that's what matters to me now. We have to be aware all the time, because some sell you things that dont exist, and then take your money and never ship anything to you. Others are just “phishing” for personal information, ready to steal your identity or use your credit card number for fraudulent purposes.

jeksaturday

I have lots of Buy and Sell groups on my facebook account, where I am the admin. I buy stuff online and sell it on a higher value. I was scammed twice I think, but it did not happened again in 2 years now, thankfully. If you are ever scammed by someone, just consider it a lesson and let karma decide what to do with those scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies