• Total voters

Admi

Apple has just released their latest versions of the iPhone:

iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus

apple-091217-iphone-8-3868.jpg

iPhone X

170912145819-apple-event-iphone-x-full-780x439.jpg

Are you going to upgrade your iPhone?

Personally, I want to wait for some time before I make a decision on whether I should upgrade my iPhone. I'm doing this to make sure there are no technical issues with my planned upgrade. I'll go for iPhone X by all means to try the new face authentication feature.

dhovorka

Apple has just released their latest versions of the iPhone:

iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus

iPhone X

Are you going to upgrade your iPhone?

Personally, I want to wait for some time before I make a decision on whether I should upgrade my iPhone. I'm doing this to make sure there are no technical issues with my planned upgrade. I'll go for iPhone X by all means to try the new face authentication feature.
I was first thinking about getting an iPhone 8 since the CPU is the most significant increase on power. But now I think I will wait for the X since I am also very interested into the camera features and the camera software which comes along. Amazing would I saw during the presentation.

botonchin

Nah. Right now i own an Iphone 5c but i don't think i'll replace it with the newer iphone models. They're just so overpriced. I'm thinking of switching to a good mid-range phone with good specs for a cheaper price. That way no matter what happens to the phone in the future, my wits will still be intact. :DD:

paulamichaela

Not as of the moment. I'll just wait till the price drops down then I'll buy the Apple iPhone X and that's after 3 years from now. :DD: It's really expensive and my Apple iPhone 6 Plus is still in it's good condition. It's just 16GB but I love my iPhone 6 Plus! My partner bought me this phone as a gift that's why I really value this phone.

HazelDJ

Upgrading iphone needs an increase in financial budget. I think I will just wait for a sale or discounts for that. So far, I am contented to what kind of phone I have. I believe that the latest iphone version has another amazing features. But as for now, I am on the process of saving. Through my desire is to upgrade the soonest, but due to financial consideration, I will do it later.

novice143

Well my iphone 5S is still a beast. I'm not a heavy user, more of a casual game and social apps and it still works like a charm. I will just wait for the prices of iphone 7, 8 or even X that i think it is reasonable for me. But if my primary reason for upgrading is the camera, i will just buy DSLR since it will do better than Iphone X but less expensive.

I was first thinking about getting an iPhone 8 since the CPU is the most significant increase on power. But now I think I will wait for the X since I am also very interested into the camera features and the camera software which comes along. Amazing would I saw during the presentation.

are you a heavy user? did you maximized your cpu with your current iPhone? Before i was also looking for the faster CPU then i realized i am just a casual user and i don't really need a faster CPU since I am really not maximizing it. But if you have extra bucks well it is still your decision. For a casual user I just really don't need for an overpowered CPU.

CPU of iphone 7 is still future proof for casual users.

Last edited by a moderator:

jhuzenA

Upgrade iphone? maybe some other time. First, the one I have is working fine. So I really need another one.
Second, it's cost a lot of money again. Instead of upgrading iphone, I chose to use money on different priorities or business. Third, every now and then new iphones are coming but you can see that there are not so many modification, just additional features. Use your money wisely first to earn, then if you have extra, then you can buy new iphones or other gadgets without compromising your budget.

novice143

novice143
I totally agree. Even if apple has this marketing strategy that you can return your old iphone to purchase the newer one, still it is not practical to pay every release of newer phone just for an upgrade. And i do believe that the older iphone models are better than the new ones. It's like the new ones are intended to be used until the next release of the newer device.

michelle camo

I don't think it is practical to upgrade an iphone because for sure next year another model of iphone will be release and it is no longer practical. If it became your habit to change iphone it's just like your wasting your money where you could actually spend it to some more important things.

Nancy G

Upgrading my phone is the least of my priority unless it is really essential for me to be able to efficiently communicate with my phone. New Iphone models are being introduced each year and prices are expensive. Owning the latest Iphone is considered "luxury" for budget conscious individuals who would rather spend hardearned money for basic needs for food, clothing, shelter, education and savings for a rainyday. Sooner or later, competitors equally good or offering comparable features will come out in the market with attractive offers at lesser prices.

Dandil

I want to know if is here someone that has upgraded his iPhone form 8 to X series. I want to know if it is worth the upgrade. I have bought this phone new form the Apple store when it was 3 months from the release day. It is still going really well. I don't have any problems with it, but I feel like I want to change it with something more powerful and newer. I think of an iPhone XS Max.

ClarkkRW

If we're talking about upgrade as a new purchase, I prefer to get a new one every 2,5 years. I don't think it's so necessary to get the newest hardware every year.

imagicbaroda

How Long Does an iPhone Last? If you look after your iPhone, you can expect it to last for quite a while. As a rule of thumb, you can expect your phone to last anywhere between four and seven years. iPhone models almost always receive iOS updates long after their launch date.

Krospix

I have been using my iPhone 7 for more than 5 years! This device still suits me.

Krospix

Today I bought myself an iPhone 13. I think that for almost three years the issue with the new iPhone can be closed.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.