Does the number of followers on social media affect your business?

mildredtabitha

I had a friend who wanted to promote her business. She had a small restaurant and she was looking for a way to increase her customers. She joined twitter and followed many people while interacting with them. In less than two weeks, she had more than 10,000 followers. She started advertising the food she sells in her local restaurant. The number of customers increased and they were all giving her positive reviews and even recommending more people to go.

I find this plan to have been very useful and it really worked for her. Do you think the number of followers on your social media account has any effects on the product you are marketing?

Abdulhanan

Yes. I think number of followers on social media affect our business. There was a friend of mine who had a cloth shop. He was not having many customers so someone suggested him to promote on social media. He started promoting his shop products on his Facebook account. He got good response after a month he started a Facebook page and promoted his page. Now he is having customers even from other cities.
There are many business which are running due to social media. If we have a lot of followers and we start selling some products I think we will get some sales.
Social media is one of best way to promote your products.

Lothian

I'd rather have 1 follower who engage with my content than 10 who don't care. Numbers are not always everything. As social media marketer, I felt that I have as many followers as possible to prove my skill. However, I found it's easy to amass followers but they are actually dragging me down rather than lifting me up.

Long story short, communication is key. From a business perspective, quality always trumps quantity.

Hurry14

It definitely has an effect on any business you put up. Because the more followers you have means more people are interested in you or on what you are doing. so the chances of people going or trying your products or services will be high. that's why people nowadays tend to use social media's to promote their businesses. So it's good that if you also use social media's if ever you put up your on business in the future.

williamk

The number of followers in social media truly affect your business both positively or negatively, let's look at the positive side of it. Usually, people follow a person or page, let us say on Instagram or Facebook because they have seen or found out something they need, want or they can relate to.

If grow your audience by engaging them positively, then it will be easier to convert a good number of them to be your customers and hence it will work better for your business.

mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha

You mentioned both positively and negatively but failed to talk about the negative side. To add on your point, I think the negativity is found when your followers spread bad news about your business.

Some followers might be jealous of you and they will do anything to make your business go down. They might pretend to be nice customers but then go ahead and turn tables around. I think that can be the negative side but we should still focus on the positive side. :D

Aryan

Yes, definitely, followers on social media account help you get more branding and sales, but follower should be from your local areas, so that they can easily reach out your store. If you have a huge list of follower from other countries, in this case social media can't help you to grow more visitors on your local physical.

TheAuthor

I had a friend who wanted to promote her business. She had a small restaurant and she was looking for a way to increase her customers. She joined twitter and followed many people while interacting with them. In less than two weeks, she had more than 10,000 followers. She started advertising the food she sells in her local restaurant. The number of customers increased and they were all giving her positive reviews and even recommending more people to go.

I find this plan to have been very useful and it really worked for her. Do you think the number of followers on your social media account has any effects on the product you are marketing?
While Your number of followers is important, the quality of your followers are even more so. I guess the key is to surround yourself with people on the same mission as you, your friend had quite a winning strategy there. But don't just follow blindly to increase your numbers, build a targeted audience.

Judas2018

It depends on what type of business you run. Along with the demographics. Many older people don't use social media. So if your business is geared at people 50 and up social media probably won't do you much good. Anything aimed at 45 and unders though can be heavily boosted on social media.

Kieranlewix

Social media marketing is a great way to increase the traffic to your business.In your friends case,by traffic I am referring to the number of customers.Yes,she got a lot of followers,but did you find out the kind of things she was communicating to them?To make sure that people follow you,communicate with messages that directly relate to your business.It is not advisable to flatter with your social media friends and flirt first before you get to the business part.First impressions are everything so let them know from the word go that you mean business.If they will follow you,let them follow you because they believe in your mission and what you bring to the table rather than the quality of your selfies.

I think it is very good and beneficial to have someone who has benefited from social media marketing,such as your friend,in your life.It widens your perspective and helps you understand people,what they want and how to make them want what you have to offer.Your friend is a good role model.

Ellyza de gala

Yes, number of followers in your business really have a big contribution. In this way, business owner have the capability to increase her connections. It can also be away to attract more followers or customers if they could see that there are many people following or interested on the business.

SirenOnFire

I strongly believe that it does. The more people who see the products that you sell, the more people will be possible buyers. That is the reason why many people opt to market their products online despite having a physical retail store. Not only do you have an automatic community to interest with what you're selling, people all around the globe can be your prospective customers.

Yes, definitely, followers on social media account help you get more branding and sales, but follower should be from your local areas, so that they can easily reach out your store. If you have a huge list of follower from other countries, in this case social media can't help you to grow more visitors on your local physical.
I am not sure I agree on this. Many sellers online ship their products internationally so I don't think that this is something to worry about. Selling products locally limits potential customers so I don't think this is a very good idea. There more than a few physical stores in my area that sell their stuff internationally and have really made good.

While Your number of followers is important, the quality of your followers are even more so. I guess the key is to surround yourself with people on the same mission as you, your friend had quite a winning strategy there. But don't just follow blindly to increase your numbers, build a targeted audience.
I strongly agree with you on this. It is true that the number of people following you on social media could greatly affect your marketing of your business, but building a target audience while you're at it is much better. It will also maximize your potential buyers. It would be quite useless if the people following you have no interest in the services or products that you offer.

Barakobryan

It depends on what business you have, it can boost your business or reduced the customer you have. We all know there's a lot of people who has a negative comment even though they didn't even try your product.

If you're having a local restaurant, having a lot of followers will not affect the improvement of it. What you need in your social media account is having a lot of friends in your local area. That will help it if you advertise your restuarant to your news feed they will see it,having followers who's not living in your local area is quite useless, they can visit your restaurant but having them constantly is impossible. Make sure the quality of your food is good and representable, Making it eye catching is better. A lot of people nowadays take selfie 1st before eating it. Taste one of the most important factor of restaurant, If it taste delicious they will recommend it to their friends.

What kind of followers you need? You need to attract people who's interested to the product you're selling. How can you attract that kind of people? 1st you need to find them 1 by 1, and if they're satisfied to the product they buy to you, they will be the way to attract a lot of people to follow you.

Goodluck, Don't forget to consider a lot of factors.
Marketing is Harder than you thought, try it gain experince and get succesful.

kammy

Well it depends. Social media marketing is really popular now a days and people who uses social media grows more and more everyday. The number of followers/subscribers somewhat affects the growth of a business to a certain extent. They say the real thing that can make or break a business falls under two things

1. The way the product is presented and
2. The way the product is promoted.

The thing that really counts is the quality of the product you are offering. No matter how good your reach is through followers, if the product is faulty or not satisfactory the business will still fail.

Nancy G

In general, having a good social following creates a good impression and positive result. MORE is better and widely accepted. Even being controversial may spark interest or curiosity. The important thing here is you are being patronized in a positive way, meaning, it generates SUBSCRIPTION, more sales and repeats, new leads, any results that achieve your goal. If you are not generating the desired results inspite of good following, you need to reassess and apply solutions. There must be something wrong somewhere either there is a need to improve in your current business or you are not catering to your right market and/or in the wrong site. We have to utilize this good following in creating more opportunities for continued business growth.

shanejhane

Yes of course, the more followers on your social media, the more possible buyers or customers to your product.
As we all know, everyone are using social media that can easily introduce or promote the products in the market. Soon will gather a most possible customers that will help the business to grow. Consider also the offline marketing, it can also help your business to grow.

BelindaMT

I totally agree with you. I have one thousand plus friends on facebook. Everytime I post something about my business or online networking, I only got a "like" and only very few to make qurries. It is really different if you will contact them perosnally through email or personal mail. Communication is really a key to make your business successful.

dhaneah

to me it doesn't really affect my business not having a lot of followers on social media,I mean numbers don't really say it all because the main thing that truly matters is for us to have those few followers that is truly interested and appreciative of what we do for a living.Those few followers who truly cares and invest in our business are the ones whom we should value and treasure rather than a lot of them but you can just pick who's really interested in you.

jaymish

I think it depends on what the product is. Your friend was successful because the product was general. What if the product was handbags and most of her followers were men? Or her product was a sari and most of her followers were Americans?

In my opinion, I think social media should be used as a secondary method of online advertising. You're hardly advertising to the world. You're advertising to your followers who are limited in number. Facebook I think allows you to have a maximum of 5000 followers.For a business, you try to reach as many people as possible.

aretteprieve

Of course the number of followers affect your business. The more followers you have so the more popular your business becomes. Even if not all of your followers are your customers they are a great source for other users on social media: your followers can like your posts, share them so more users will know about your brand

Athena251

Yes. It definitely affects your business. Most people nowadays, including me, prefer products that are used by many. If your social media account has a lot of followers then it goes to show that many people love your products. How could you have many followers if no one takes interest in your products. Most influencers today were called "influencers" because of their followers. If you're going to buy a shoes for example and you opted to buy at stores who post in Instagram. One instagram account has 1,000 followers and the other has 100,000 followers. Naturally, you will first go to the instagram account who has more followers thinking that it has a good reputation already.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.