Would you share your social media account?

mildredtabitha

Nowadays, there are people who will pay you if you let them use your social media account for few days. It could be advertising their business or using your account for something else.

You might consider the offer if you really need the money. You also have to note that allowing them to use your account for few days includes giving them your password and so they will be able to access your personal information.

I wouldn't share my social media account unless I plan to sell it and not getting it back. I feel that social media accounts are supposed to be private affair and not for sharing. Would you share your social media account?

Rob Whisonant

If you want your account stolen or banned, go for it. With the password, they can change and lock you out. They can then spam it until the account is banned. Never a good idea to share your accounts.

Ithinkmom

Me and my husband knows each others password of our indivdual social media account. We don't exactly ask or demand to share our social media account, it just happened that way, I can freely open his account, check messages etc. But to other people of course I won't share it. That will be a different story,sharing my privacy to other people is a No.

tiffiecute

There was once when I almost shared my account for a certain part-time job. They will offer to pay you for using your facebook account. They will post 3 articles a day at your page and after a month, you will be paid. At first I was hesitant to agree but I bit the offer after a while since my good friend referred that post to me, and I trust him. While we were trying to setup my facebook account, my good friend reported that he was scammed. They took out money from his paypal account. Immediately then I removed my facebook affiliation from them, reset my password, etc.

It was something awful and I feel sorry for my friend whose intention was just to look for decent part-time job.

johnrajiv123

I have never been offered cash in exchange of access to my social media accounts but I don't think it's a smart idea to go for it. It's like openly inviting the thieves to come inside your house and steal your stuffs. Unless, the offer is for a million dollars or more, don't go for it.

Yayish

No second thoughts, I will never share ang of my social media accounts

Social media has been a great platform for online businesses nowadays. The more followers or friends yoi have the greater the volume of audience there is to see what you are promoting or advertising however, allowing someone you don't know to use your account is never a good idea. You'll never know what might happen next. Our social media accounts are for personal use and if someone offers to pay just to use your account for advertising then why not compromise? Post on their behalf instead and get paid for advertising their product or whatever they want to promote. I think that would be a win-win situation

williamk

No, not a good idea, you can imagine the effort you would have put to get 10k+ followers who most of them are active and then you sacrifice your hard work to someone for money.

The best they can do is to offer to buy the site, that way you can sell for a good amount and you will not have to worry about it being banned or you being locked out.

Hurry14

Definitely No. Because it's my private account and I'm not willing to let someone use it for their own reasons. Who knows what else they might do with my account? I have many important relatives on my friend list and I'm not gonna let someone destroy my reputation for a few bucks. So if your'e planning on letting someone use your'e account then think twice while you still have the chance to do so. You may regret it for a long period of time.

Aryan

We never recommend it to any one to share their personal social media account. Their profile information can be easily misuse like their contact information, information about their friends and family member, misuse of profile pics etc.

johnmctown

I've shared my facebook account with my wife in that way i don't have to hide anything from her. Fair enough. I don't usually put more information about myself in the account. It may have security features but it does not always guarantee it is safe from theft. If you value your facebook account because you had used it from quite sometime then don't share your account. It is suppose to be for private use. Each individual should use his or her own account. Sharing in this case other than your wife would be a big mistake.

kassy06

A big No for that matter. I would not share any of my social media accounts to anybody. I have worked for it and just be shared to someone I do not know.

For all of us,we just have to be careful in getting online job.

mildredtabitha

There was once when I almost shared my account for a certain part-time job. They will offer to pay you for using your facebook account. They will post 3 articles a day at your page and after a month, you will be paid. At first I was hesitant to agree but I bit the offer after a while since my good friend referred that post to me, and I trust him. While we were trying to setup my facebook account, my good friend reported that he was scammed. They took out money from his paypal account. Immediately then I removed my facebook affiliation from them, reset my password, etc.

It was something awful and I feel sorry for my friend whose intention was just to look for decent part-time job.

I also feel sorry for your friend and it hurts when a good act of kindness was paid back by bad experience. There are still millions on people who go through this everyday.

Well, sharing social media account is very sensitive especially for people who use the same password for every site. It is possible that the scammers took the email found on your friends Facebook account and used the same password to withdraw from PayPal. :D Anyway, we all learn from experience and strive to inform our friends not to fall for a scam.

Social media has been a great platform for online businesses nowadays. The more followers or friends yoi have the greater the volume of audience there is to see what you are promoting or advertising however, allowing someone you don't know to use your account is never a good idea. You'll never know what might happen next. Our social media accounts are for personal use and if someone offers to pay just to use your account for advertising then why not compromise? Post on their behalf instead and get paid for advertising their product or whatever they want to promote. I think that would be a win-win situation

You are absolutely right. Posting on their behalf is the only way to protect your account. I think the risk will come when what you are posting for them turns out to be scam as well.

For example, when you advertise a product on their behalf and it turns out to be fake. It might make authorities question you and maybe the real people you are advertising for have already blocked you and so you can't report them.

I think that anytime we say yes to an offer, we should always be ready for anything. The good and the bad.

itsmeryjoy

I never heard it before though, but if someone would ask my social media info especially the password with money in return. That's a big No No, I consider it as my private property even my boyfriend doesn't have it. It's hard to trust you know, especially if that's a total stranger. I can't imagine one day I'll wake up knowing that someone posted an embarassing videos,comments or worst use my identity to scam people. It will ruin my reputation.

Judas2018

Absolutely NOT! That's way too much trust in strangers for me to be comfortable with. Guest tweeting or 'one night takeovers' are for groups of people who do business together as a label or team. So a team member taking over the official account is cool to connect with the audience. But to allow a stranger to do it to peddle their stuff? Nope. If they want to promote their wares from your account just let them pay you a fee, and you'll do it for them.

951Temec

NO WAY, social media accounts especially with a ton of followers and content is worth so much money and potential for money. i would not risk my income stream and my livelihood on something so trivial. Don't do it, you can get banned, you can lose content, you will be responsible for actions, and people tend not to respect valuables of other people. So don't do it and keep it to yourself!

eish

I had a friend who shared her social media account in exchange of a very convincing offer. To briefly share with you guys, what happened was, her personal details were stolen and the scammer sent multiple messages to her friends and family asking for help financially by trying to get their credit card details on her behalf. Having said that, I would definitely not share my social media account.

aretteprieve

I've never heard of it before and I think it's a very strange offer. I would never give access to my account to the people I don't actually know

Pearl88

I actually would share my social media account for the money. I just would make sure that I don't put my personal information on my account. Also, it depends on what the pay is, how long they will use it and what they plan to use it for. But when the job is done I could just delete all messages and post that they created on my account. It would be no problem for me. Then again I am not in a position where I am desperate for money that I would need to do that. If it ever came down to it then I believe I just might.

mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha

I do agree with your point. As long as there is payment involved, anyone can accept the task. As for me, if I accepted the offer, I would inform my followers that I won't be the one making the posts for a duration of time. This will make them not be surprised by any content published on my timeline.

Gen.fudd

No, I don't think it is a good idea sharing your social media. It is a private account, no need to share it to anyone else specially from someone whom you don't know personally. If you want to share your private information with them, well it is up to you. But it would be a risky thing to do.

cabreraallynmae

It a big NO!!! It is your name that he/she will be using and you dont know what the things they will be doing with it. It is your personal account so you shouldnt share it with others. It is not really safe.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.