Snapchat: Pros & Cons

msyukionna

Anyone using Snapchat as your main marketing media? I think that Snapchat is gaining popularity. It's unique, fun, creative and youthful concept is very appealing to the digital generation.

Now that Snapchat has added advertising to the stories (although skippable), are people more turned off from it or is that a more effective way of advertising? Do you think that the current system is effective, or what do you think Snapchat should do to keep both consumers and advertisers happy.

dhovorka

Anyone using Snapchat as your main marketing media? I think that Snapchat is gaining popularity. It's unique, fun, creative and youthful concept is very appealing to the digital generation.

Now that Snapchat has added advertising to the stories (although skippable), are people more turned off from it or is that a more effective way of advertising? Do you think that the current system is effective, or what do you think Snapchat should do to keep both consumers and advertisers happy.
Snapchat lost a little in trust from users, the numbers of active users declined over the last months. The reason is not maybe that Instagram and Facebook are making the same features it is not anymore the fun tool. I still believe that on Snapchat the user community is not so controlled like on Facebook. There are still many spammers and fake accounts. I like the presentation of the Snapchat channels and must say some of the channels are well made, however must admit I have no clue how much time this requires

Pearl88

Snapchat was very popular and kind of still is. I said it was popular then because now many people are a bit turned off by it due to the many adds and pop-ups that are super annoying and just won't seem to stop showing up while the user is online and trying to enjoy the site. But no matter what people are going to keep using it and it will remain popular. I think the adds should be minimised to maybe 15 adds per day and that may be good enough for some people who love using the app. But then again it may not be too good for the advertisers. But it's really all about the satisfaction of the consumers anyway.

jaymish

For me, Facebook will always remain king. Only a major disaster, like a hack that would take down their site and stop its popularity, would stop its dominance. All other social media sites are temporary distractions or fads that pull people's attention for a minute, then they remember their true home, Facebook.

Snap chat. Where to begin, sigh! The only pros for me are its camera filters. They make me look stunning. Its cons are it's not even in the running as a major social media site. Another trendier app would take its place in a heartbeat.

victoroj

Snapchat has lost its lustre so I wouldnt mind not getting it to advertise or promote my product. My problem with Snapchat was that it has lots of ads making it very slow and buggy. I used it before mostly because of its unique filters, but Facebook messenger and Instagram already have those filters as well, so people do not use it that much lately. I think that's also the reason of its downfall.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.