What all features should I look for while evaluating a shipping app? I am new to this area, please h

Saira shergill

Since there are a few shipping apps that offer the same basic features (postage and label printing,tracking orders,return labels),that help you manage the process it becomes more difficult to get one that is apt in every aspect. kindly provide feedback on this it would be a real aid to me.

thanks !

dhovorka

Tracking can be very different from provider to provider. For example, some providers update the status of tracking only on basic points like picked up from the client, delivered to receiver. While other once can do more, special if they have a cenrtal dispatcher location. Pick up from client, received in warehouse, dispatched to truck, truck on route, approx delivery trime ... received, signed.

On customer service comes the big difference. What if, you can not see an update and tracking seems to be frozen? Can I call someone, can I make for example online chat, would someone anwser? Can i receive SMS notifictions, emails for tracking steps, maybe even support of whatsup? Where can I claim or report a defect delivery, has the company published any insurance contract? If it is an App, which App store is supported and for which OS? You still meet humans on receiving something, you can seee if this people talk correct, know what they are talking about or even talk your language. Are they proper dressed with a clean uniform (this reflects back how the companh takes care about your shipment). A lot to consider to run successful this business or select a new service provider

Nancy G

When you have products to sell online, your next big problem is how to get them to your customer at the right time, at the right place, still in proper condition and at the least cost. Being able to meet or exceed your customer's expectation on delivery often results to a happy satisfied loyal customers. Therefore, prime consideration for a good service provide is reliability judging by the good reputation and length in the business. Companies like UPS and FEDEX are established companies and have proven track records on their deliveries with a vast operation covering many destinations worldwide. You have options on packages/labeling available and delivery time frames. They can also assist you in personally tracking your shipments easily online and normally has good customer care service. As your shipments grow, you are in best position also to negotiate for better discounts, other special packages and payment terms. There are also other suppliers catering to smaller business but with limited operation scope. There are other mobile apps which consolidate tracking shipments for different service providers but I would rather go straight, test, choose one , two or three reliable service providers based on actual personal experience with them.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.