Buy and Sell:Facebook or Instagram?

dallymdj

As a newbie entrepreneur, my plan is to earn by buying and selling products through social media. I think this is the best platform to attract more consumers and buyers. Actually, I am torn between Facebook and Instagram but I do not have the confidence to manage 2 sites.
Which do you think is the best site to attract more people to buy and sell? Facebook or Instagram? or please suggest any websites you have in mind which can cater my concern.

Thank you

justraf16

I believe that there are millions and millions users of Facebook that Instagram. If you want your product to reach a number of people, Facebook will be the best help tool for you.

jayveeramos07

For me I think you try both. Yes, I understand you can't concentrate having two Networking Sites up on running, but maybe you can try. If it does not work, no problem. Focus on the area you think can profit more.

If you let me select just one, I will have to choose Facebook. Pratical reasons are first, there are many users on that site compare to Instagram. There are many people who can see the details of your product or services. Second, it doesn't require too much internet data to load. Once people login their accounts, they can already see the images. Facebook loads one post at a time, compare to instagram--many images load in a certain profile at the same time, taking more time. More consumer that can able to see your profile, means more opportunity to sell. Third, Facebook has a feature that let anyone share your posts to their own profile, generating more audience and awareness. That makes it several steps ahead compare to Instagram.

Best of luck to your business! You can do it. You may also try attaching catchy images and videos to your product. It can attract more prospects!

SEOPub

Why don't you look at what competitors are doing for the same products?

And why does it have to be one or the other? Do both and see what works best for you.

Honestly, I wouldn't listen to most of the advice you get on a forum like this. Probably over 95% of the members of internet marketing forums have never actually made a profit online themselves. But they hang around giving advice anyhow. It's mindblowing.

jeffcombiene

Facebook is better than instagram in terms of selling an items online. Instagram may banned your account temporarily if you received lot of comments or direct messages from your instagram. Comments and direct messages is really important when you are on online business.

mildredtabitha

I think instagram is better than Facebook. Most people have shift from Facebook to instagram because everyone wants to take a selfie. Your product has a high chance of getting seen on instagram than on Facebook.

Your product can also appear on everyone's timeline if you promote it. You can also select which country or town you want your promoted product to appear if you choose instagram. :D

tiffiecute

Online stores that can afford to have their own company site still engage or require having a Facebook page. It's unquestionable that Facebook owns the most number of members around the globe. So I don't need to explain further.

Instagram is a nice feature but not all are into photos and selfies. And as a Businessman or Entrepreneur, Facebook is a better platform to sell your products. Nevertheless, there is an option wherein you can link your Instagram on Facebook. So whatever you post on Instagram, it would reflect on your FB.

eish

Hi dallymdj, since you mentioned that you cannot manage two sites yet, I would personally recommend Facebook instead of Instagram. This is based from my experience because most of my friends and family use facebook as a social media platform. You can also join different groups in facebook, particulary groups that sells for business. However, to expand your market I would also suggest for you to practice managing both facebook and instagram accounts.

saintmommajo

You actually don't need to choose one or the other; you can choose both!

I have an online business and was using Facebook ads to advertise it. Facebook can connect to your business' Instagram page and send ads to Instagram and Facebook. Moreover, you can actually view analytics on both your facebook and instagram ads on facebook. It is so convient.

Through my analytics, I've noticed that I had more movement on Instagram than FB but I had a lot of action on FB too. As I mentioned before, FB had great analytics and marketing information that I dont believe Instagram can provide. So if I were you I would choose both. You can get information on both in one location (FB) and decide how to change your marketing plan from there.

jovie10

Both Instagram and Facebook are great platforms for promoting your business and selling your products. On Facebook you can start a Facebook Shop or sell products directly on groups. Even if you have your own store or you’re earning an income from affiliate marketing, Facebook is a great place to promote your items. With Instagram, things are a bit more complicated since the platform wont allow you to add clickable links with photos or within comments. However, you can use smart software to create a shoppable version of your Instagram feed. This way, customers will be able to buy your products with a single click, which will dramatically increase your conversion rates.

eibisi

Why don't use both, You see Facebook have millions and millions of users and same goes with the instagram. But it really depends on how many people have been following you on both social media sites. But from my experience it is more easier to sell on facebook, you'll just have to make your post public and tag some other friends, because by tagging them is very useful, because their friends can see what your are tagging to them too. And in facebook you can also make a page for your business too, so you can easily see the messages of your customers that wants to inquire about your products.

nins_809

I think facebook is a lot better. Facebook has wider range of users compared to instagram. Plus facebook has more features you can use to market your business. Your advertisement can reach friends of your friends.

MarkBase

In these days Instagram grows rapidly, so if you are not there, you don't exist. Is simpler and more intuitive than Facebook. But if you want to use this potencial you should post not only about your product but tell people about you in first place, then if they trust you, they will buy what you sell

pootchieputs

I think facebook is better. Because there are buy and sell groups that you can find on facebook and you can also post your products there. I also have a friend who sells her products on facebook and it is actually a good platform especially now that there are already facebook updates that is beneficial when you are posting to groups on facebook. But if you really want to promote your product then post it also on instagram and if you have other social networking accounts you may also post it there.

wjxavier

I prefer using Facebook everyday especially when I'm outside the house because I can view easily the current news updates, and aside from that, I can contact my friends when I'm in need. There are a lot of games and videos on Facebook that we can view that makes you not get bored. Also, you can check Instagram through Facebook which is the new feature of it. It's good to use both application but it's more convenient in Facebook.

Judas2018

I'd sell on Facebook but don't ignore Instagram. I think if you're trying to sell products to a younger audience? Instagram will help as its users are mostly 18 to 35. Facebook has more overall users I think. So your advertisements there will go a longer way and reach a broader audience.

gratzieachenz

As a newbie entrepreneur, my plan is to earn by buying and selling products through social media. I think this is the best platform to attract more consumers and buyers. Actually, I am torn between Facebook and Instagram but I do not have the confidence to manage 2 sites.
Which do you think is the best site to attract more people to buy and sell? Facebook or Instagram? or please suggest any websites you have in mind which can cater my concern.

Thank you
I am currently in the Philppines and Facebook is the easiest way almost all people here interact regardless of age. In the province where I am from, there is a group on facebook for us. So it is pretty convenient to sell thru Facebook. I buy and sell Korean products at minimal quantities just a little extra on my monthly income. I use FB as my marketing site and we go for meet ups and deliveries. My customers range is from 12 years old to 60 at most. I sell clothings too. As for Instagram, it is hard for me to post items there coz people aging from 35 sometimes and up don't understand how Instagram works. Let's say Facebook is a lot way user friendly than Instagram. The easier access the better. :ertery::ertery:

aretteprieve

I think the best way is to promote your business on both platforms. Facebook is more popular on Instagram so you'll get followers there quickly, Instagram is very good for posting photos of your products and promotion with influencers so there you can get a lot of followers as well

AskMeAnytime

Well for me personally, it would be Facebook. Because Facebook's system of posting stuffs is good. When you post at Facebook, you can share it to your friends in just few clicks. You can even asks your friend to share it also to their friends. Because I think Instagram mostly focus on posting of picture that represent who you are, or just pictures of things that you've been doing.
So I would highly recommend to use Facebook as your marketing tool. I have known many people that have made their business grow just by using the social media site Facebook. And lastly to really convince you, Facebook users has a timeline that if a friend of them posts something, it will show in your timeline. Unlike Instagram, it would be hard to see your posts without the person going to your profile.
I hope I have helped you. Hoola!
-AskMeAnything

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.