• REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks

Advantages of an online job

Im starting to find an online job which I can earn money while at home. I consider this as a part time only. Any opinion from you guys how will I start?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 452/1
    Given: 27/1
    Thanks
    First, make a list of your skills. You need to know what you are good at doing now. Then start looking for work that those skills are needed.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    The problem is I couldn't find any legit online jobs. But I really love writing and I'm willing to be trained.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Wow! First of all, I want to commend you in advance because of your willingness to earn extra using Online Jobs. The first thing we need to consider is Passion and Commitment. Do you really want what you are planning to do? Or you're just go with the flow of events, for example your friends are into online jobs and it influenced you? Or you saw something in the internet and you were amazed with how much money you can earn. Balance everything. If you really want it, then go for it. Reach for it! You have my full support.

Second thing is review or do some research on the online job you are planning to have. There is a saying that "Firstimers are the favorite subject of scammers". Have yourself an extra care. Why? Because majority of Online Jobs would ask for your personal information just like Bank Accounts, Credit Card details and for some, even your Social Security Number. But don't worry, some are legitimate jobs and just asking it to verify your identity and for your cash withdrawal. Just equip yourself with extra care.

Lastly, if you already have one, do it with quality. Just like regular jobs. Even though you are staying at home and control your own it, they are still evaluating your performance. It may require an extra effort and challenge at first, but believe me you will master it. May all the odds be with you! Goodluck.

PS: Even though you're applying online, have your best shot. Reach for the star, so that of you fail, you'll land in the moon!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jayveeramos07 For This Useful Post:
    yahm2001 (10-12-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Thanks
    I agree, online jobs are hard to find, there are legit online jobs out there but it’s really hard to get into due to required skills, I once encountered a site that seems legit that only requires you to check and correct some documents and they guaranteed high payout once complete, but in order for you to be registered to that site, you need to qualify on several survey that would take you several hours to complete and after I took all those surveys, I failed, I got so frustrated, it felt that I wasted several hours in those surveys for nothing, then there’s those posting jobs, like blogging, which requires certain amount of intellect and being up to date on what’s trending online, blogging hot issues and sensitive topics that captures the interests of online readers or netizens, seeking different point of views and reactions which broadens the topics. I think being a blogger is more profitable when it comes to sponsorship; the more reader subscribes or follows your blog the better. If writing is your passion, I think you should look into it. I think there are steps on how to be a successful blogger.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    For a beginner, online job can be challenging and seem like time wasting but over time and with great inflow of cash, interest develops. Doing job online requires great skills and commitment, determination and courage. There several jobs online such as Virtual Office Assistant, video transcription, survey and lots more.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Online jobs can either be part-time or full-time. When you have a job and would want to earn extra income you can search a lot of online video that promotes legitimate sites for online jobs. Though not much as most of the earning you get on part time jobs are limited at least it gets to give you extra income. For full time jobs on the other hand you need a lot of patience you cannot just any job of your own choice. It means you have to qualify certain requirements too just like applying for a job. Except that you get to choose your own time, place and get to decide on your own. Both can serve to your advantage if you also do your research to avoid being scammed or fall on a non legitimate online jobs.

Check videos and sites for legitimate on line job offering. But not just checking you also do research on the legality of these sites as they can be alluring. When I started my online part-time job I had to watch a lot of videos and subscribe to a lot of sites before joining. Though it took me some time but its all worth it since all are legitimate and it gets me to earn at least a little income for the job.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Thanks
    Working on line has a lot of advantages. It will help you save. There is no need to commute in order to reach your office. There is no preparation of wearing your office uniform. You can also do multi tasking and earn doubly as long you are able to do it. These are only some of the advantages. However, there are scams. Some employers required you to work for a couple of hours per day and promised to be paid in high rate monthly. When you accomplished what they required, you can no longer contact and ask them for payment. This is rampant. I suggest that before you register in a certain site for an on line job, google and read first its reviews. There, you can learn the background of that site. Somehow, you will learn that certain site is a scam or not.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Well many, there are many advantages of on online job because nothing is more convenient than working in your own home, no hassle, no traffic to deal with just to attend to your work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 5/2
    Thanks
    Lots of multi-talented individuals love working in online jobs because they could make choices of whatever they love to do & what they are good at. They could concentrate on one job and thus able to make good output. You could find many websites offering online jobs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Thanks
    If you are looking to make money writing online, I would suggest narrowing your options down even further. Some people make money selling long, fact based list style articles to popular websites such as Listverse and Cracked. Listverse has a requirement of ten items, each with sources that add up to 1,800 words. However, with sites like these, often times they have to select your article to be published, and even though you are a decent writer, it may not be what they are looking for.

There are plenty of online magazines and publications that are open to submissions for creative writing, such as poetry, creative nonfiction, and personal stories. Personal stories are good to write if you have a story that is unique and novel for readers. They are usually about 1,000 words long. Magazine submissions also can be picky on what they choose, and I would suggest previewing the magazine to see what tone they are looking for or what audience they are catering to. If you are looking for this type of online writing, I would suggest going to Submittable.com, which is a hub for submitting writing to various online publications.

Writing that I like to do is SEO content writing. I am on the site iWriter or ContentGatherer, but the downside to this type of writing is that there are some clients that pay very little for the amount of work that you put into the article. I've also been frustrated before when the client gives a bad review because they did not put clear instructions and was disappointed by my result. There are often keywords that you have to incorporate in your articles and sometimes the amount of subjects available to write on are limited. I've found that I like doing this type of writing online the most.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Try to think first what is field of expertise, what kind of job do you want. Because this will determine if you would be successful in online job. Try to sign-up in upwork. There are lots of jobs posted there everyday. You can also try jobs that require little time and effort but little income also. Try usertesting.com, you will act as a webpage tester or android or IOS tester. you will be paid $10 per test.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    Wow! I love your reply, I'm also into having an online job since I'm currently a student and I'm looking for some alternatives to help my parents in funding my education. I tried working as a BPO agent but I find hard since the shift is quite long and in addition to it is the travel time, because I need to attend school after work. The thing is when I'm already at school I'm physically present but mentally absent because of the very tiring shift, so I just decided to just finish my contract and quit. Then I saw a blog discussing the benefits of online jobs, it just suddenly crossed my mind "This what I want".

Thank you, you just gave me a clear point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by fredoman View Post
    Try to think first what is field of expertise, what kind of job do you want. Because this will determine if you would be successful in online job. Try to sign-up in upwork. There are lots of jobs posted there everyday. You can also try jobs that require little time and effort but little income also. Try usertesting.com, you will act as a webpage tester or android or IOS tester. you will be paid $10 per test.
    Hi sir, I would just like to ask. Have you tried any of those that you have just mentioned? Because I'm targeting to have an online job since I'm currently a student and I really need to have some additional income.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Like my situation where my age matters in applying a job, I prefer to work on-line because there is no age discrimination. I can choose jobs with flexible time. I will not spend money for fares which is supposed to be doing while going to office everyday. Working on-line is exciting and challenging too. I could meet different people all over the world. I am pleased to read their ideas as they read my ideas too. I am happy because through on line jobs, the world becomes closer to me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks

advantages of online job

There are some beneficial advantages if you're planning to work at home basically online job. If you are a mother or a wife that would be a big advantage. Aside from you can manage your time, you can also have enough time with your family.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Thanks
    The main advantage of an online job is flexibility, allowing you to choose assignments at agreed schedules giving you more freedom to attend to other things and spending more time with your loved ones. It also saves you time, money and effort from the hassles of commuting daily to work and back home. If you like to be a content writer, you may try UPWORK, FIVERR, FROSCH, FREELANCER, ONESPACE, to name a few. You can check out their websites to get an idea and choose the one that best suits your needs. Usually information are available for TOP LEGITIMATE SITES for homebased work in the internet. Reviews and VLOGS are available to give you an idea. As precautionary measure, you can check with SCAMADVISER.com to see if website is safe.

As a newbie, you need commitment, hardwork and being open to available opportunities. You may need mentoring which you can easily get thru various social forums and reading other references to set your direction. Do not be afraid to make the first move to try and learn from the experience. There will be mistakes and failed attempts. What matters most is learning from the experience and rising from the fall. Know when to quit and explore other things. Sooner or later, your perseverance will be rewarded. What may work for other people may not work for you. Bear in mind that in order to have steady flow of income, you should not rely on one . You may need several projects or a business. Passive forms of income like blogging or affiliate marketing may initially require some time and effort to learn or create but if done right, have far reaching or longer income generating results.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    There is a lot of advantage on doing online jobs. You are flexible enough to cater to your family's needs in terms of time, you can choose your own time to do the work, you don't have to commute to a workplace which is just additional expense. you get to meet people of different mindset and influences. Just utilize your resources and never stop learning, do research and you can eventually make your online career a full time career.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    There are a lot of advantages of working online. One of many is having flexibility. You can choose what job is for you, what you want and you don't want to do. Also flexibility in time, you work when you want to work. Flexibility in work environment. You can work anywhere you want as long as you have your ways of connecting to the internet. Flexibility in pay rate, you get to set the pay grade people will pay you for your skills and labor. But before you get to enjoy all of these advantages of working online, you would first undergo it's disadvantages. The opposite of all that i have mentioned specially if you are just starting out and haven't made a name for yourself yet in the online industry. So better buckle up. This is going to be a roller coaster ride. :-)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    There are lots of advantages to an online job especially to our country where traffic is one of the main problem. Avoid traffic or if not traffic the long queue in the lrt. Avoid risk like accident or heavy rains and floods during rainy season. Less expenses and less hassle. Flexibility in your work. No worries that your late and your boss is so angry at you. Most importantly more time with your family.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I'm very related to this topic and I'm glad to share my experience of online job. And I could say, that these advantages helped me a lot. I started to join one month ago after my mother had stroke. I really want to help my parents so this idea I think was the answer. I heard the online job from my classmate, who invited me to join and I didn't hesitate to give it a try. So even I'm at home, I have work to do to earn money for the medicines of my parents. Also, I have time to monitor and take care of them. When you work on online job, you can be sure that you can handle or control your time because you have no boss and you have flexible time or free to choose what time you want to work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Online Job is good. There are those who will give you good income but there are also some that will give you a little.
    Before starting, first make a note of what skills you have. Then prepare a laptop, a headset and stable connection. Most companies you will find need these basic requirements. If you are good in english speaking, you can apply as an online english teacher, Trainer, VA and many more. If you have the programming skills, there are some looking from programmers. Know first your skills. Second, check you availability or the time you wish to spend on your work. Third, do your research. Actually when you do research, there are many options that you will find. There are also scams, beware of them. If you found a company you wish to apply, do some background check first before applying. You can search for reviews or ask some of you friends who might know the company. But i'm sure that if you type it to google, you can find user reviews about the company who are applying for. Also check the url for legitimacy. Just a tip, there are many videos on youtube where there are some who share legit sites because they themselves have tried it. They also show proof of income that those company actually pays. They also show how to do it.
    Just to share also some advantages of online job:
    1. No need to commute
    2. No need to go to office
    3, you can work on your own schedule
    4. no big tax

good luck on your online job hunt.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    I worked in the BPO company for ten years and I would say that I really made a big decision leaving my job and do an online jobs. At first I was reluctant doing it because I don't know where to start but then as I discover a lot of things online I can say that it's worth it. Why? I'm a mother and I can do a lot of things right now in the comfort of my home and I had a lot of time with my family. I no longer have to go out and fight with the daily traffic, daily pollution and I don't have a boss that would tell me what I should and should not do. No rules and I can work anytime I want. You might be asking me? Am i earning good? I can tell you want I'm so happy with my salary and I can say that I'm no longer stress every time pay out is coming because I don't have big taxes that goes to nothing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Are you talking about having an online job or being a freelancer? The two are totally different. An online job is being an employee but working from home. You would then have a contract of employment, have leave days, sick days, maternity leave and benefits like car allowance, house allowance, and medical benefits. You would earn a salary. The only benefit is that you would be working from home. Your employer would still control the hours you work.

On the other hand, if you are a freelancer then you are your own boss. You can work hours that are convenient to you, your earning capacity is limitless. You can also work from anywhere in the world. This means you can travel and take as many vacations as you want. Many freelancers are freelancers because they want to travel. A good example is the Virtual assistant expert Virtual Miss Friday. She runs a virtual assistant business and teaches on starting and running a virtual assistant business. She works from different locations worldwide as she likes to travel.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    There are advantages and disadvantages of having an online job. But first, if your in a corporate world then decided to quit, you must think a hundred times if you want pursue an online job. Being a newbie in a different world is hard, you must have the persistence, the will power, the perseverance to learn the ins and outs of the various jobs in order to know what is your niche in order to excel in the job that you will have. The advantages of having an online job is that you can have all the time you want, you can now manage your own time. that is, you can choose when you want to work without worrying of the daily traffic, the heavy rains and the boss that you encounter everyday. You can now look after the welfare of your kids. If you know a lot skills, salary will never be a problem. However, there are also some disadvantages, there no employee benefits like you use to have when you are in a corporate world, there is no stability or security in the job that you have because some online jobs a project based that only takes a few months, some clients will pay you on an hourly basis but you're lucky if it a fixed price salary.

All I want to say is that you have to weigh things over and pray for God's guidance in whatever decision that you will make.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yahm2001 View Post
    Im starting to find an online job which I can earn money while at home. I consider this as a part time only. Any opinion from you guys how will I start?
    The rise of internet has leveled-up the opportunity of small businesses to compete with corporate world, since it has become part of our everyday life. Thus making online business an option to increase your revenue.

Online job can help you in so many ways even if it is only part-time. It makes you use more of your free time than working an 8-hour shift; It also gives you a global access at any period of time in a day in the comfort of your home; It also saves you money by just doing it on your computer thinking less in your gas and food expenses.

Newer Threads

1. dhovorka
    Hello Forum
    By dhovorka in forum New Member Introductions
    ulterios
    Replies: 3 | Views: 776
    Last post by ulterios, 09-28-2017, 01:22 AM
  2. justsmallsteps
    Content quality checker?
    By justsmallsteps in forum Content Management
    Goyum
    Replies: 7 | Views: 2659