Can I Make a Youtube lyrics Based Video?

DesmondHayes

Can I make a Youtube lyrics based video?

Songs were uploaded in 2013 and 2014 on my channel, several times I received warnings and eventually removed one video, and the other 2 are still there although they are banned in a couple of countries.

Somehow I have a clear doubt that people do not earn this way, especially since there are so many lyrics of videos on youtube.

RajSS

Yes, you can probably make a lyric based video, but remember that you cannot monetize your video. It means that you cannot earn from those videos. The one with the copyright of the song will earn the revenue if copyright has been claimed on your video by youtube.
If you are lucky enough, then the copyright owner might remove the claim from your video, but this rarely happens. Other than that, if you don't want your videos to be get deleted, then provide a link to the original video and a short summary for it.

powerang25

I think you can still do that , there are a lot of that kind of thing these days though. But if you really want to do it i think you have to keep it simple and the next slide a bit ahead of the music so the one watching who isn't familiar with the lyrics can have time to prepare kinda. I personally watch this kind of videos if i wanna learn some song.

fern2x2001

I am a youtuber and youtube is strict when it comes to videos uploaded to them with copyright issues simply because if they are not, they will be the one sued by the owner of the uploaded video containing copyrighted materials. That is why your videos are either blocked or deleted by youtube if it came to their attention that it violates the copyright law. So if you really want to earn money from uploading videos on youtube, you should start and change the content of your channel into something that has no copyright issue. I believe that you have other hobbies that you could record and upload in youtube and monetize aside from your love of music and giving them lyrics. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about the hassle of your videos getting deleted or banned.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads