What criteria do you use to choose the right design of your logo, presentation etc.?

lpd2000

You can find tons of design service offers from both companies and freelancers. It is not only time consuming process to go through all the design options, but it could be very confusing to define the one appropriate to your business. Based on "you got what you paid for" , price could not be the only metrics. What other criteria do you use to make your decision or to narrow your search?

Jacob.k

when I usually get a logo, if it's for brand new blog, then I don't care much about it... just enough to make it look professional and to follow my color scheme of the site.

check the previous works done by them... you'll never find the best logo ever, there will always be one that could be better than yours for better price or whatever... pick one firm and go with them... you can later redesign logo or make a brand new one

Rob Whisonant

First you need to decide if you really need a logo. Logos are designed for people to easily SPOT and REMEMBER your business. For example, you are driving down the road and see golden arches. That's a fast food place that serves crap food fast! :)

You go to a search engine or a MAJOR online retailer and see the Google or Amazon logo...

Now does a small website need the MASSES to quickly identify it when they see it???? NOPE! In fact, you could not expose the visitors to your logo enough for them to even recognize it when they see it.

So if your website is NOT a MAJOR website visited by the masses.... Why waist your money or time on a logo? Spend the money you would have spent on a logo design on buying traffic instead. You will make more money that way. :)

Jash222

In my opinion, deciding a logo for your business, shoulde be based on;
-What is your business all about? If it's a childcare, you want something fun and bubbly, by using vibrant colors.
- What is the vision you are trying to get to your audience, in order to understand your intentions? Some logo, they have used a symbol, such two hands, if your business is all about helping people.
-Make sure you choose a simple design but summarizes all the things that can define your business. A very good example is youtube. A simple press play symbol and it all explains what youtube is all about.

lpd2000

Jash22, thank you for your reply. I completely agree that a logo must reflect the business meaning, but... What is the criteria to chose a designer to place an order?

Judas2018

I ask for a watermarked sample or check out some of their listed samples to see the quality and flow of their work. It needs to fit my site and the feel of my site specifically. So the work needs a certain pizzazz, a certain style. From the way the words are sprawled across it, to the type of lettering and font used. Every detail has to connect in a certain way in order for me to feel this artists work is a good fit for my site.

marko0313

In my opinion, a logo must be unique in a way in which it attracts people. It must have sense of humour, quality and readable fonts, and most of very artistic.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.