Which is Safer: PayPal or Credit Card?

argel241

When it comes to paying online, I'm a bit skeptical whether it is safe or not to use my credit cards online.What do you think guys?

Rob Whisonant

You can dispute charges on your credit card just as easy as filing a claim with PayPal. So if you ever order something with your credit card and don't get it... Just call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback. Same goes with fraudulent charges.

Gen.fudd

Based on my experience it is safer to use paypal. I think they are more secured and safer to use. And they have a wider services that can offer. It is widely use internationally.

vishwa

Both are safer ways to pay online. PayPal is one of the trusted and widely used payment processor. You can link you credit card to you PayPal account and it will give you ease of doing transactions online.

Judas2018

Your paypal is safe being used so long as your password isn't floating around out there for anyone to use. As for your credit card, make sure not to sue it on sketchy websites. Websites that look poorly constructed, lack a contact email, or seem to not be updated regularly.

mastrodigital

It's definitely more safe to use PayPal but if your credit card were to get compromised it's easier to get it reversed than with a debit card. Most credit card processors require websites to use HTTPS which improves security but always do your best to use a more reliable site to buy from.

jojo_1234

Both are safe and convenient but I guess when it comes to disputes and chargeback PayPal takes action more quickly just make sure you don't give a way your password for it.

Dzannerz

As for me Credit card is more safer than paypal because paypal is just a virtual account that you can use online while credit card can use same for online and in physical transactions.

HazelDJ

In our country, applying for credit cards is not easy as Paypal. An applicant should have a stable job and should have an income that belongs to the required range. There is screening before the credit companies approve. However, there is a risk of using credit cards. There are news that scamming is happening around. So, for me, it is safer to use a Paypal account. Aside from it is easier to apply, there is no credit limit in Paypal that in case of a loss, nobody will scam and abusively spend the amount.

eeecentric

Personally I like to use Paypal more than my credit card because I do not have a bank account tied to my Paypal at the moment, or a credit card. I have only a prepaid card on my Paypal account, so even if my account is compromised, I don't have to worry about a large sum of the money I have being stolen. However, one can argue that this may be too much of a hassle to upkeep and it is more convenient to link a bank account or use a credit card, but I like to be more on the cautious side.

mildredtabitha

Credit card and PayPal are both safe. With credit card, you have 30 days to claim a refund if things don't go well. With PayPal, you have 60 days to claim a refund.

This means that you can't complain that you want back your money after the 30 and 60 days. :D Make online transactions with people and companies you trust to avoid being in that situation. Remember that there are fees in refunding as well.

argel241

Thank you all for the information shared here.Now I know the pros and cons using this two payment method.The majority answered it is safer to use Paypal so I dont have to worry anymore using this method.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.