What success really looks like?

lawrencegordon

According to you, what success really looks like? its pretty common but I would like to hear your thoughts if you are working online as main job and what do you feel if the success is coming to you?

Gizamulake07

Picture this, a small kid trying to get cookie from the highest shelf in the kitchen. The kid keeps trying to reach the cookie, thinking of numerous ways to get it. Sometimes he almost gets it, other times he fails miserably but no matter how hard it seemed, he just keeps on going until he finally grabs the cookie, celebrate by slowly biting a piece of it savoring the taste of victory. Yeah, it's a cute little situation but I just want to point out that success is always attainable even if the situation your currently in is one hell of a mountain to climb. No matter what obstacles are there that try to distract you from your goal, you'll always be able to figure out to avoid them and reach your goals.

Right now, I'm not a working online as my main job but I am doing a few online jobs to help with the financial burdens. I have tried a lot of ways to earn extra cash. Some online jobs was a bust and some were just right. So it really comes down on how determined you are to reach your goal and that measures your capability in being a successful individual.

Jacob.k

tbh it doesn't look as I would expect when I was kid. I still work a lot, but I work what I love, I don't wake up with cramp in my stomach.
I was waiting all that success moment for a long time, and after I achieved it, I was like: "is that it... that's all?"

Of course I go to holidays on much nicer places and spend generally more money, but I still can't do whatever I want, because I have some people that depends on me, and I have to keep my clients and maintain my sites and be the head of my team... and I have to be rational with money, because if something goes wrong I don't want to brake like a twig.

What I do usually is I have free mondays... I love that because I love to be off on a first working day, go to the city sit and drink coffee or eat on a terrace while everyone is in a working mode. That's the luxury I take... also I love survival gear (i'm not preparing for apocalypse, just like all kinds of gadgets) so I can buy whatever I want for my own enjoyment, but still I can't buy a bunker in mountains.

When I think about it, success to me is that I can work something that really makes me happy and it's not hard to spend sometimes up to 12 hours working.

Hope you have the same vision, because working what you love is a blessing

akshaychouhan785

If I say you are already very successful in life as you are alive right now because thousands of people did not wake up this morning but you did! So be happy you are successful. You drive your car to reach the workplace and you reached safely. Whoa..Success!

But for some reasons we take these little successes in life for granted because success has to be something which needs to be set by us on our own terms.

The first thing that comes before being successful at anything is finding your goal, passion to accomplish that and the journey to success. When you put in your efforts to reach there sometimes you can get laid back as you see that the goal is still far away, so its always helpful to make short term goals, accomplishment of which will give you those small successes in the way which will make your journey to the ultimate success enjoyable and less burdensome.

jovie10

Success to me is relative. Success generally means accomplishment of a aim or purpose. We need to be clear of aim or purpose to be able to define success for ourselves.
It is what we have made of ourselves in our life both in professional and personal sphere.
For me, success feels like personal freedom, happiness, feeling affluent, and the feeling of there is nothing more you could ask for.:)

jeksaturday

I on my way to success, why? Because I believe so. And I swear I will let everyone know that I became successful in what I am doing. I have a quote to people out there, it came form one of my favorite movie "Pursuit Of Happiness".

“Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. People cant do something themselves, they want to tell you you cant do it. You want something, go get it. Period."

Hope it helps. :ertery:

Nancy G

Success to me is relative. What you define as success may not be the case for other people. It may mean financial rewards or people recognition or simply, being happy with whatever you are doing. It is being able to accomplish your dreams or goals.

What really adds meaning to success is not only the feeling of inner fulfillment but also being able to make a difference in the lives of others. Simple acts like spending quality time with your loved ones or giving charity to the needy may bring joys beyond compare.

With regards to your question on thoughts when success is coming to you as you work online, my answer is just keep on working hard to achieve more. Be humble and do not let success gets into your head. Success may be fleeting. It can destroy you overnight if you do not know how to manage it properly. Explore all available opportunities, lots of changes happening. Do not be a master of one success you made. Attain more success and see more value in the meaning of your life.

fern2x2001

When i was just starting out my offline coin operated business, there was a time when i was at the store, buying parts for my arcade machines then i heard one of the buying customer asked the other customer and said "Sir, how many units do you have?!" The one being asked answered with "Not many. Just 300 hundred units" i kept silent and just pretended to ignore the conversation that i heard. But deep inside i said to myself, "I want to have that many units" and so i did what i have to do. But 7 years passed and i only had 13 units. Not even close! That's when i asked myself, "At this rate, when will i reach 300 units?! I'm already doing all that i can but only to this result." Then i had this change of heart and decided to just balance everything in life and not focus on only one. To just have enough. Enough for us to live without me and my wife having the need to work for anyone. And ultimately for me to be with my family 24/7, for me is the picture of success. And I'm trying my very best with GOD's help and mercy to keep it that way as long as i could. :)

shanejhane

For me success is not only based on more money, big house, more cars and business (material thing). You are successful if you have God in you life, if you walk on his own will and obey him.
If you have God, He can give you what you really need in this life, he can give you a loving husband/wife, beautiful and kind children, a loving family, a nice job. And that is the time that you will say that you are really successful.

ion

Success for me is not only the things that you have, or achieve in life, but including your self if, are you really happy? Do you really want to do this? Do you really like your life now? Do you really want the things that you got in your life? or you just doing this things because that's life, you need it.

Successful comes when you know your value in life, you know how to be contented and how to be happy in a simple things. And when you really enjoying your life. Success is different from being rich.

fern2x2001

I already mentioned what success looks like for me, but for you to answer the question, you must ask yourself, "what makes me happy and contented?!" it could be anything. It could be material, and it could also be non material things. It's really you who could answer that question and it should not come from anyone else to be forced into you. I may believe that I'm successful if i have material things but that doesn't apply to all and vice versa. No one will, nor should judge you for your answer to that question because success is relative. The more success, the more relative (will show up). That's a joke. :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.