Online Tutoring Jobs Qualifications

argel241

Hello, guys, another question is about Online Tutoring jobs.What are the qualifications to become an online tutor?Do it requires master's degree or doctoral degree in the field of study in which they wish to teach?How about those who doesnt have experience but have strong knowledge with the subject they wish to teac can they still qualify to teach online if?

girlkaptain

Each company's qualification will be different and and be changed based on the subject and the grade level of students. Most companies will provide you a list of qualification. Most qualification include teaching or tutoring experience, computer and internet skills, strong verbal and communication skills and care and compassion to learners. I would suggest to check with the qualifications of the company you want to work for and then look for your areas that would match to your skills and qualification.

Nancy G

I tried applying once for teaching English at 51Talk. This is a homebased job where you teach mostly kids in China to speak English. The application is easy and does not really require you to have diploma in English or formal training certificates. There is a registration process to scheule you for the interview. Your initial interview will be done online where they check your English communication skills. It is just like any regular interview. You must have a good headset with noise reduction features. Pass it and you proceed in the next round where they check your technical capability, meaning checking if you have good internet connection plus your computer should have good processors, with at least I3 and above, 2GB RAM, etc. If you pass, you go to the other rounds of testing. Sad to say, I did not meet the technical expectations since I still need to upgrade my computer. They provided me a list on the required computer specifications. Once I am ready, I can go back for another try. The interviewers are friendly and helpful.

There is another tutoring site referred in the VLOG called "CAMBLY." You can check this out as well. Most sites do not really have a strict master or college degree requirement to tutor but everything depends on the site. Good luck in your search!

fern2x2001

Different jobs require different skills and capabilities. And those requirements will be determined by your employer. But if you're trying to land a job online, then one basic requirement is for you to have good to excellent English communication skills. It could be written or verbal, voice only or with a live video feed. Another basic requirement that may be asked of you is for you to have a good to great quality PC or laptop and a relatively fast and reliable internet connection including the peripherals that might also be required for you to perform the job that the employer is hiring you for. So having all of those requirements ready plus a few others more, would help you to be easily hired by your future employer.

CookieRunner

Hello, guys, another question is about Online Tutoring jobs.What are the qualifications to become an online tutor?Do it requires master's degree or doctoral degree in the field of study in which they wish to teach?How about those who doesnt have experience but have strong knowledge with the subject they wish to teac can they still qualify to teach online if?
There are many online tutoring jobs that you can search over the net already and they have different qualifications that they need in an applicant. The common qualification that they look for would be: 1. You have good communication skills 2. You have a fast internet preferably 3-5 mbps 3. Good headset with noise cancellation ( to prevent the noise that could be heard when tutoring ) 4. A fast computer or laptop 5. Sometimes they look for someone who graduated College with a Degree in Teaching but sometimes, some companies are not that strict with Education as long as you passed the other qualifications

michelle camo

I am currently a teacher of 51 talk and I can say that the qualification when I applied was really easy. I just had my initial interview over the phone and you pass, they will schedule you for a system check wherein they are going to check wether your CP or laptop is qualified and of course your internet connection will be checked as well after passing that, you will be then be scheduled to have a training for five hours which is also conducted online. After that you need all the necessary documents and once completed you will know be launched as a teacher. Having a teacher degree is not a requirement and I myself is not a teacher as well and I don't have any experience teaching but they really like that you could at least speak fluent English.

jovitzdgreat

I applied as an online teacher and i passed everything, but the problem was we do have poor internet connection and that is one of the requirements of ESL company. Many of ESL company will require:
1.Good command in English
2.Good laptop, 4gb ram, dual core and up.
3.Internet connection that has 4mbps download speed and .5mbps upload speed.
4.Headset with noise cancelling.
5.White backgroud.
6.Quiet work place.
If you have these requirements then you are fit to apply in any ESL company. God bless!

myla123

Based on my own experience as an applicant before with online tutoring jobs, doesn't require master's degree or expertise on the field, but depends on how dedicated and determined you are as an applicant. But of course you should have at least be conversational with the language and also you have to secure the equipments needed for a job especially if strictly required by the company. Since you will be dealing with the students everything must be prepared you must also be mentally and physically prepared. Well for me as a whole as long as you possess the characteristics and equipped with the knowledge skills and tools needed then there's a big possibility that you may qualify and get hired on the job.

White Tiger

I tried to apply as an ESL teacher to some online tutoring site. They will first check your technical requirements after passing you will be trained at their company . To make it short , most of online tutoring company have the same qualification , but they mainly focused on how you are going to deliver the lesson. If you can pronounced each word correctly then this job is for you. Since most of their students want to learn to speak English ,the tutor must be good enough in pronouncing words and put stress on sounds such as z/ s/ th/ f/ p /r /and instruction must be short and simple- the simplest way that you can . Since you don't know the personality of the student that you will be dealing with , smile all the time . Remember first impression last. Your first meeting should catch a students' eye right away.

mymelody28

It depends upon the online tutor company like in Rarejob. You must be 18 yrs. old. Has good English. Must have a TIN. Not working with the other online english teacher. The English teacher is a plus.

In Sankeienglish: At least college level, 1-2 yrs. experience in online teacher, ESL and call center agent is plus. Fresh grad. can apply. They prefered Filipino applicant. Good in English communication. Internet connection must be at least 2Mbps. Has a quite environment and willing to work shifting.

51Talk: Same qualification required and the additional requirement has certification in TESOL, IELTS, LET, TEFL .Has higher specs of computer. Has teaching experience. Bachelor degree.

Those are few sites that you can visit and apply.

kleo

It really depends on the company you're applying for. Say for example, you're applying to be an English tutor, companies would of course require you to be fluent in English, even if you're not a native speaker. Some companies prefer it if you have higher education but some will accept you as long as you are fluent and you can teach. There are also companies that hire those who don't have experience in the field like fresh college graduates, or even high school graduates.

Emswort47

What qualifications do you need for tutoring?
You do not need a teaching qualification, to have completed a particular course, or to have particular work experience.,Tutors are a varied bunch but they should all have the requisite subject knowledge, a passion for learning and a friendly, professional manner. You really can make money tutoring.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
MrT
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.