Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Any Freelancing Site Suggestions For Newbies?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

Red face Any Freelancing Site Suggestions For Newbies?

I am really curious about this freelancing jobs. I once tried to apply on a site but unfortunately they did not accepted my application because I don't have enough any experience. Can anyone suggest any sites that I can apply to be a freelancer? Any suggestions would really help me a lot. Thank you very much

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 234/4
    Given: 117/2
    Thanks
    You can start doing small projects like helping your friends and colleagues etc. You can also start your own self project or website where you can show your work and convince your clients. Join some microworkers sites to accept short and small projects.
    Check out my blog @ Technobyet.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Do you think it's a must for freelancers to create their own websites especially for those just starting out? Are clients more inclined to go for those who have one? What sites offer these microtasks if you're from Asia, particularly South East Asia? I know of Clickworker but I don't have much luck on that website.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hannyyah17 View Post
    I am really curious about this freelancing jobs. I once tried to apply on a site but unfortunately they did not accepted my application because I don't have enough any experience. Can anyone suggest any sites that I can apply to be a freelancer? Any suggestions would really help me a lot. Thank you very much
    You can apply at a site called PeoplePerHour. It is more suitable for data entry jobs because you will find many there. UpWork is also another good site. You will find many jobs for any skills you are good at such as article writing, programing and even web design. All you have to do is bid for work after creating an account. If you are lucky to get few customers then your rating will increase and you will get more jobs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Although I have a background in web making I am not that comfortable or confident to start my very own site. I do prefer data entry jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    Do you think it's a must for freelancers to create their own websites especially for those just starting out? Are clients more inclined to go for those who have one? What sites offer these microtasks if you're from Asia, particularly South East Asia? I know of Clickworker but I don't have much luck on that website.
    Yeah I think having a website is for people that has more experience in these kind of jobs but for like me who is new in this field, I think it is not necessary. But this is my own preference, I don't know about the others.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I will recommend fiverr for you. It's the highest freelancing sites so far, it's a bit competitive but also good for new freelancers because it makes them more confident. There are other sites like peopleperhour.com, upwork.com, seoclerk.com, iwriter.com, Freelancer.com, guru com. Among this sites mentioned above, the easiest site for new freelancers is iwriter.com because it's not competitive, you can choose on any project you want to write on, no tight security or qualifications for it, all you have to do is Register and start choosing any project you want to work on, and the only thing needed is a good English writing skill. Hope this is enough for you to take a step?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    You can try to become a transcriptionist. All you have to do is to transcribe audio/video file into text. I'm currently employed and I received my payment every week. All you have to do is to passed the test which is multiple choice and audio transcription. Once you've passed the test, you can start right away. I suggest you read their guidelines first before taking the test. Good luck and have fun.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliaca22 View Post
    I will recommend fiverr for you. It's the highest freelancing sites so far, it's a bit competitive but also good for new freelancers because it makes them more confident. There are other sites like peopleperhour.com, upwork.com, seoclerk.com, iwriter.com, Freelancer.com, guru com. Among this sites mentioned above, the easiest site for new freelancers is iwriter.com because it's not competitive, you can choose on any project you want to write on, no tight security or qualifications for it, all you have to do is Register and start choosing any project you want to work on, and the only thing needed is a good English writing skill. Hope this is enough for you to take a step?
    Oh thank you very much for all the suggestions. I will surely check all of them. I hope I can land myself an online job.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    You have lots of options but first you have to evaluate yourself and assess what skills you will like to offer or what jobs interest you. You can start with UPWORK, FIVERR, PEOPLEPERHOUR. Normally these sites will automatically guide you on steps to take. If you love teaching English, you can apply with 51Talk or BIZMATES. You can also search online for VIRTUAL ASSISTANT websites. If you love reading ebooks and making a review, you can join the ONLINEBOOKCLUB. You can watch VLOGS on youtube on making money online as you can easily get helpful tips, trends and links on suggested sites. I have learned a lot watching those videos. Compare vlogs made by different people. It is now up to you what course of action to take.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nancy G For This Useful Post:
    evergreenoffer (10-14-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Try the following sites for online work :
    Upwork
    Freelancer
    Mturk
    Fiverr

Now for microtasks, like answering surveys
    you can try Instagc, ipoll, global test market
    and AIP Rakuten

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Thanks
    You can register at Upwork and enter what skills do you have and they will match a work for you. Another freelance job online that you can try is transcribing. TranscribeMe will give you exams before you can work for them. It is not necessary that you have experience in transcribing. All you need to do is listen carefully to what the speakers are saying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    You can always check forums and of course google, research, ask questions and learn from the senior freelancers and senior online workers. I suggest that you do entry level jobs and non-voice jobs or you can also be a transcriptionist since that's one of my sidelines when I don't have anything to do. As what I said research about hood transcription sites, pass their exams and you can be a certified transcriptionist. For me it's very enjoyable and less stressful than other jobs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    You can start to become a transcriptionist. Scribie website offers freelance jobs available worldwide. You just need to pass their assessment and you need also a verified paypal account. You can train yourself to become a transcriber here and get paid for every approved files you send. Gotranscript is also a good website to try to. Upwork, Fiverr and other similar websites will include you in the roster of workers that can get hired. In the meantime that you're building your experience, for me, transcribing is a good way too. Hope this helps you.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    There are varieties of freelancing sites available online. Fiverr and Upwork is the more popular ones. If you're a newbie looking to get started with freelancing, then I would highly suggest you visit Crowdflower. Crowdflower offers simple microtasks for people to do. Those tasks are mostly data-entry related. It is perfect for beginners because you don't need any experience. You also don't need to pass any qualifications test.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 0/1
    Thanks
    Although I have a background in web making I am not that comfortable or confident to start my very own site. I do prefer data entry jobs.
    If I can just give some advice, I thin data entry jobs are great, but web design and web development is a far better skill to have for freelancing. I understand you don't have the confidence to create your site but it would be a massive help for you as a portfolio and a learning experience as well as a web developer.

Newer Threads

1. Saira shergill
    Saira shergill
    Replies: 0 | Views: 303
    Last post by Saira shergill, 09-29-2017, 08:08 AM
  2. narutos3nn1n
    Rob Whisonant
    Replies: 2 | Views: 291
    Last post by Rob Whisonant, 09-29-2017, 07:25 PM
  3. yahm2001
    akshaychouhan785
    Replies: 5 | Views: 624