What are the advantages and disadvantages of online advertising?

yahm2001

I do cakes and pastries at home for selling. And also planning to rent a store where I can display my products. But I want alternative ways to advertise my products. I think I can advertise also in social media. Is that helpful for promoting my products?

vishwa

Local Business advertising would be a great choice for you. You can list your business on Google. Submit your ads on classified sites like Craigslist etc. You can also advertise it on newspaper etc. Hope this will help you.

jovie10

The Biggest advantage in online advertising is the low barrier to entry! Anyone can set up a campaign in a very short time with even the tiniest budget. It has given entrepreneurs a big opportunity to become global players!
Disadvantages are likely that many people can get caught in the minutiae of advertising at the outset, instead of focusing first on a quality product or service (so the product or service can sell itself, as well as benefit from word of mouth and social media praiseBiggest advantage is the low barrier to entry! Anyone can set up a campaign in a very short time with even the tiniest budget. It has given entrepreneurs a big opportunity to become global players!
Disadvantages are likely that many people can get caught in the minutiae of advertising at the outset, instead of focusing first on a quality product or service (so the product or service can sell itself, as well as benefit from word of mouth and social media praise) :rolleyes2

Galaxia36

Online advertising is less costly than TV, newspaper or any other medias. It also covers a wide range of target audience. The population of the world is growing fast and the number of internet users is also increasing.
But since social media advertisement is a rampant, scamming, swindling fraudulence and other dishonest acts are also the common trends today.

girlkaptain

Internet has become a major and effective medium for advertising and it has been predicted that the online marketing and advertising is soon going to replace the traditional medias such as television, radio, newspaper and magazines. Some of the advantages of online advertising include internet marketing is less expensive, the result of online campaigns are immediately measured and tracked and visually appealing. The disadvantages are concerned by privacy or reliability issues and some people see online advertisements as an annoyance or distraction.

akshaychouhan785

It's always helpful if you can reach more people with your products and services. So I will show you a green flag if you ask me to do online marketing. The advantages will always be on the heavy side of the balance when compared to disadvantages. But let's discuss in brief,

Advantages

1. Promotion at a very low or negligible cost.

2.Target much wider audience and have a higher profit.

3. Reach your target market easily.

4. Advertise 24/7. Nothing can get better than this.

5. Collect passive income from affiliate marketing.

6. Last is the convenience of online payment collection. Now you need not to worry for asking for a change or going to bank for depositing your money.

Disadvantages

1. It can take some time and effort to gain the trust of customers in online market as there are various rumors about online selling products being defective and fraudulent activities by some people.

2. It can be difficult to make your place in online market if your product/service has competition
with bigger brands in your area.

3. You'll have to have a good knowledge of social media platforms, and online marketing strategies.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.