Hashtag or No Hashtag?

Silver Team Leader

Hi everyones,
I'm fairly new to Twitter. I want to know yours opinions on "Hashtag". Submitting tweets on Twitter with Hashtag, is it more visible to get yours tweets seen? Or, are you better off writing tweets without Hashtag and simply hope that yours followers will see it?

Thanks for the input.

Pearl88

Yes, Keep the hashtags. Regardless of the things you post, people will always notice the hashtags. Hashtags stick out more to the reader. Everyone loves a good hashtag.

Hawker

Of course. Not essential as you can still be discovered by keywords whether you use #hashtags or just plain old keywords. But #hashtags are hyperlinked so having them can make some visitors to the tweet click on them or other similar or related hashtags instead of your link in the tweet itself which is the trade off. You wouldn't want to make every single tweet use hashtags though you would mix it up and throw them in with tweets every now and then sort of thing don't just go thinking I know I'm going to make tons of tweets and use tons of hashtags in all of them as that will backfire on you take it from me! :D

JoeMilford

You should definitely use hashtags if you are promoting your own website or blog! Hashtags and key word strategies like this can really generate traffic for you I think that you are fine adding hashtags to every one of your tweets. People expect you too, and we are all accustomed to it!

Judas2018

The sole purpose of hashtags is to get more visibility, interaction and engagement with your tweets. However when or when they don't pop, depends on the timing of when you send out a tweet using them. If you hashtag a trending topic you'll get a lot of retweets, likes and engagements. Popular hashtags work also. Ones for tv shows, tech items, coined phrases, etc. Sometimes though you can hop on a hashtag a bit late after it's been all 'trended out.' By the time you use it in a tweet, it's not trending anymore and is on its way out of the running.

marko0313

For me basically, with or without hashtag is not an issue. Because in some social media sites we often we #__ and #__ but basically they are saying "they are doing this", "they are on this place". So for me it is not issue , but due to some people want to be more fancy and be recognise they will put hashtag on every item,action, place that they have gone. But the bottom line is, you will still decide which is better with you. That's all.

eibisi

If you want your tweet to be noticed, then make sure to use a hashtag. And by just clicking on it you can see all relevant topics about that. For example you can search about #chocolates and you can get all the tweets about chocolates, but i think hashtags is created to share information so quick to everyone by just clicking on that keyword.

jessicarousey

Hashtags make you discoverable, just keep in mind when using hashtags, be sure to limit it and not abusing it, as by putting too many hashtags makes your post unreadable and some audience might lose interest by just looking at it. Maybe limit it by two hashtags, depending on your post. You can also make Hashtag Branding for your business to help consistent and formal hashtagging. goodluck

odysseus

It probably makes sense to always use hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. I guess they never really caught on on Facebook.

Be careful though. The optimal number of hashtags on Twitter seems to be no more than 3 or 4, more than that and it looks like you get penalised by Twitter. Feel free to experiment with this, but that's what I've observed so far. Instagram allows for up to 30 hashtags as far as I'm aware, but that's not such a good idea neither, I'd advise for 10 at the most there.

TheLarbyAMR

There are a lot of websites you can check those out for hashtags. And on Twitter hashtags is not so much effective. Instagram is the best for hashtags. You can follow trends on Twitter. or use any kind of trending words.

Thanks

SaraGonzales

Hashtags are the main things which would make you searchable and visible to others, otherwise a new user can never be seen.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads