The hardest thing about working from home

amelia88

Ironically, I'd say that the hardest thing for me about working from home is not having co-workers. I say that it's ironic because I'm honestly a bit of an introvert, so you probably would assume I don't mind working on my own and not having people all around me! In saying that though, sometimes I miss the quiet buzz of people beside me doing work - I guess that's why a lot of the time I try and find wi-fi cafes and coffee shops so I can sit and do some work among other people!

What would you say is the hardest thing about working online from home for you?

Rob Whisonant

In the beginning it was avoiding distraction. Now, it's repetition of scenery. AKA cabin fever. So, I grab the laptop and head to the park or beach to work when it hits.

leidelmo10

In my own perception as a mom, the hardest thing working at home is you can't focus on what you are doing. Even if you have allotted time for work and for your family. Whenever I am sitting in front of my computer, no matter how forcus I am, even if I know exactly what to do on a particular task, there will always come to a point that my kids will play aroud me or sometimes pull me and ask me to play with them. I know I have to finish my work but still I want to entertain my kids. For me that's how hard it is to work from home.

KamFatz

I agree with everyone here. It's hard and you feel guilty for not playing with your kids when you are trying to get work done. I've also experienced the cabin fever and the whole avoiding distraction thing.

I decided to rent an office last year and just treat my business like a legit job, keeping business hours. YOu know what happened?

I ended up going into the office at all hours of the day (working around what I was doing at home) and also buying a Chromebook so that I could work on the cloud from home.

It's a funny thing to be the boss.

I think if I boil it all down to one thing that is the hardest thing, I would say that the hardest thing is knowing when to turn it off, because when you're the boss, there is always something else to do.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.