geographical targeting

jees123

I have a site for a .com domain.I set the target county as India.But now I want to change it as globally.If the change to unlisted.will it affects my current ranking in the India.

eestiman

Oh, got it now. Not selecting to do geotargeting through Webmaster Tools results in Google doing geotargeting automatically generally based on the server location, activating geotargeting and selecting “Unlisted” in Webmaster Tools results in Google not doing geotargeting though. But usually, according to various tests, selecting "unlisted" will bump your traffic.

petesede

There is no reason to use geotargeting unless you are doing an activity that is illegal in certain countries, for instance online gambling. Listing for India may seem fine, but during that time you may have lost the opportunity to have gotten some backlinks from interested people outside of India. For instance, I may have found your site while in the USA, added a backlink to your site, which could have improved your ranking for searches from people in India.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.