Ways to build customer trust in eCommerce?

yahm2001

I tried once to buy a product in an online shop to avoid crowded malls and find out of stocks items.I saw the product image posted was great and I order it based on their good image and consumers comments. But after I got the item it's far from what i saw in their shopping page. Got disappointed and promise not to buy online shop anymore.. Anyone there have the same experience like me?

behappie

Trust is very key to ecommerce. Most success businesses in the world today are built on the trust of customers through the years. Customers and clients are most priced assets of a business, there are the reason a business is still operational. Winning a customer trust is the greatest task a business owner can do.
However, in online business, building trust is even more required than real businesses. The scenerio is this, the customer is not operating in a real world, he is operating with some individuals he cannot see or interract with. His would be patronising the online store or firm based on the recommendations and experience o other people and hoping he gets the same experience. If he gets the same treatment, the trust would build gradually but if he get an unpleasant experience, the trust dies a natural death.

Nancy G

I tried once to buy a product in an online shop to avoid crowded malls and find out of stocks items.I saw the product image posted was great and I order it based on their good image and consumers comments. But after I got the item it's far from what i saw in their shopping page. Got disappointed and promise not to buy online shop anymore.. Anyone there have the same experience like me?
Shopping online can be both a convenient happy experience or traumatic misfortune. No one likes to experience buying online and receiving product/service that did not meet one’s expectation and the trouble of going through the procedure of complaining, returning or exchange, dealing with unresponsive customer service. Avoiding this disappointing encounter is the same reason why I prefer buying certain commodities dealing with beauty/fashion, food, home appliances, etc. straight at the store.

With regards to building customer trust in eCommerce, below are my pointers.

1. You are one step ahead when you create an good impression. Start with a great website with relevant contents, updated product listing with basic description and info. like price, payment and shipping terms, promo offer, guarantees, contact information, etc. Make navigation and shopping interface easy.

2. Make sure you live up to your promise especially in the quality, processing and delivery of your products. Ensure that shopping experience is hassle-free and if there is a complaint be responsive enough to provide a speedy resolution. Pay attention to aftersales feedback.

3. Update your website from time to time. Regularly add new things to add excitement. Remove old contents and update information as needed. No one likes to buy shop for an item knowing it is already sold out, or price has changed, or worst still cannot deliver to location of client. Engage your customers to make feedback or comments. Let them know ou want you hear from them.

4. Please be mindful of always consistently delighting your customers to maintain loyal following. Sometimes a flaw in the process happens but always make sure their concerns are properly attended. Remember they are your product or company ambassadors, your reputation is built on how well you treat and satisfy their needs. It takes effort to win your customers but once you lose them, you double, triple your efforts just to win them back.

CookieRunner

Hi Yahm,

In my case, I haven't had an experience like yours before since I always make it a point to research on the product, look at the comments about the seller, feedback from the consumers and if the Product advertise is really legitimate.
But, what you did was basically the same and its not your fault. If customers like us are dissatisfied, I suggest that you call their customer service and ask them for a refund instead. That's what customers do if they're dissatisfied with a Sellers service. You can also post a negative feedback to them so that other customers' won't be disappointed like you.

LibraMason

I have been fortunate enough to have not had an experience like that when online shopping. I'm very cautious when it comes to buying a product based solely on a picture, some product information, and a few reviews. However, when I choose to make a purchase online, reviews tend to play a large part in my decision making. I search for the bad reviews, if any are available, and read some of the critiques regarding the product. I look for reviews that are descriptive and specific in terms of experience with the product, be it good or bad. Generic reviews serve me no purpose.

I also like to see if the seller or the website has any overall reviews. For example, I go to the seller's storefront page on Amazon to see their ranking and read in reviews they may have on other products they have for sell. I try to be thorough in my research to see what kind of experience I may have in dealing with things like customer service or return policy.

I feel that as long as you provide a good customer experience, you'll be able to build trust as an eCommerce business. Being honest and responsive when offering products or services for sell online goes a long way to retaining existing customers and gaining new ones.

Judas2018

Whether you're selling on E-bay, Amazon, or your own personal site or online store or boutique - customer trust is key. Be upfront with your customers about the items you're selling. It makes no sense to fib or deceive, as once the customer receives the item or items - they will recognize it doesn't match up with what they ordered. They'll then demand a refund. You're wasting your time deceiving customers. The best way to build customer trust is be honest about your product, and also charge a fair price.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.