Bluehost basic hosting package?

akshaychouhan785

I am looking forward to buy bluehost's basic plan to start my self hosted wordpress blog. It is costing me $2.95 per month which is pretty cheap. Is it worth it or should I look for some other hosting provider?

ulterios

I would definitely look for something else. BlueHost is owned by EIG (Endurance International Group) which is BY FAR the worst web hosting company out there. Google them and add any bad word and you will find lots and lots of information about bad experiences with one of their web hosting brands.

They tried to scam me out of thousands of dollars myself at 2 different web hosting brands/companies of theirs.

Look in the better business bureau website and you will see many, many different complaints filed against them and that is only a very small fraction of the people they have wronged in some way. (https://www.bbb.org/)

Do yourself a favor and avoid a potential headache and find another hosting company that is not owned by EIG. You can Google something for a list of EIG web hosting companies and find out who they own. A lot of the big hosts are owned by them and some that used to be good. They buy a good web hosting company and then destroy it with their bad customer support and scamming ways.

Take a look in the web hosting offer section here: https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/102-shared-hosting-offers

Here: https://forumweb.hosting/130-web-hosting-offers

Or look through Google and find another host. Just do some research before choosing a host and ask questions about any potentials just to help.

You will more than likely be happy that you stayed away from them. Using EIG web hosting is like playing Russian Roulette, you may be OK or you might not but with them 5 out of 6 barrels are loaded! ;)

vishwa

I would prefer to go with Siteground, Inmotionhosting or Hostinger. These are some of the web hosting companies which is not owned by EIG group and are popular for providing quality support and excellent network up-time. Check out complete list of web hosting sites that operates under EIG webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/site-updates-news/the-who-what-when-of-endurance-international-group-eig/

EzzyTech-Sakib

I will definitely recommend avoiding Bluehost as well as any other EIG company. Support is too much slow and they can ruin your website anytime. It's not mandatory to go for a giant company. You can look forward to the offer section. There are lots of small & growing web hostswho can take care of your website in a better way. Good luck.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views