cPanel default password?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Whats the cPanel default password? Today I have install cPanel/WHM on my VPS server but the steps went too fast and seem I missed the account to login. When I log into my cPanel/WHM, it asked me for username and password but I could not fill right username/password. Can you guys tell me What is the cPanel default password ?

Rob Whisonant

It uses your root password. It does not have it's own. So use your server login credentials.

Kal K

It uses your root password. It does not have it's own. So use your server login credentials.
Yes root password will be used for WHM login.

Whats the cPanel default password? Today I have install cPanel/WHM on my VPS server but the steps went too fast and seem I missed the account to login. When I log into my cPanel/WHM, it asked me for username and password but I could not fill right username/password. Can you guys tell me What is the cPanel default password ?
There is no cPanel default password, when you create an cPanel account for a domain in WHM, it will generate the account info (username, password, dns...) and you need to save this information for next use. If you forgot cPanel password for your domain, you can reset it with the email that you registered your domain in WHM.

dineshsma

Cpanel integrates the authentication system of operating system. So, your admin user is "root" itself to log into the WHM. Whenever, you create cpanel account, it actually creates a user in operating system. So, the same user can be used to log into the server through SSH.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.