How to earn money at Upwork?

Ting

Hello everyone! I've been trying all kinds of online jobs to earn money and one of it is freelancing at upwork.com. I know they are legit, but unfortunately, I can't find a job there in my area of expertise as the admin reviewed and said that there are already too many freelancers with similar skill set to mine. I'll be forever grateful if you can give tips on how to compete with thousand of freelancers? Tips on how to get my application approved? And any ideas what other freelancing site I can apply too? Appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

genesis

If you'll be trying to be part of this upwork, always remember that in your field of expertise you are not alone, and since you have a lot of competition, make sure you're the best in that field. I would ask, your expertise that you were entering when you are applying were speed typing, English language, data encoding, these field has already a lot of persons involved. One tip that I could give, try applying in an area wherein there are minimum number of persons or something that others cannot or wouldn't do, I'm sure you're application will be approved. Then once approved and already part of upwork, shift into your field and change things that would apply to you. It's like shifting from one course to another.

Try this, hope this helps :)

mildredtabitha

Hello everyone! I've been trying all kinds of online jobs to earn money and one of it is freelancing at upwork.com. I know they are legit, but unfortunately, I can't find a job there in my area of expertise as the admin reviewed and said that there are already too many freelancers with similar skill set to mine. I'll be forever grateful if you can give tips on how to compete with thousand of freelancers? Tips on how to get my application approved? And any ideas what other freelancing site I can apply too? Appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

I read a post last week from a friend saying that there is high competition in upwork currently. Jobs are becoming less now and upwork's team is now suspending accounts that are taking too long to get jobs. I am not mentioning this to discourage you but most people are experiencing that.

I hope you are not depending on upwork only. Try PeoplePerHour and other sites where you can get jobs for your skills.

fredoman

In Upwork the competition is very tight. You should have solid experience and expertise in your field before applying in any job offers in upwork. But once your application is approved in upwork, there are lots of opportunities to earn money in an instant and you are getting paid for every hour you work for the client. Just make sure that once you apply or accept the job, you can really do it because if not, the client would give you a low rating and less payment which we do not want at any given time.

fern2x2001

I also know upwork. When i was first trying to make money online, i bumped into a video on how to earn money working online at upwork. So i registered and tried it, but it's not working for me until now. Maybe because my expertise that i am posting is only about data entry, which is a basic skill, and a lot of people can do that which leads to, a lot and tight competition just like what you have said. I'm focusing on data entry because it is a very flexible job. And i have an offline business that i still have to operate and for me, data entry would be easy enough to handle. You just have to have the patience to wait to land that job for you and if you have your regular offline job, do not quit to still have money while waiting for your reputation to grow.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.