Besides to Upwork, What other site would you suggest?

Gen.fudd

Hi everyone!
Can anyone suggest any freelancing sites besides from Upwork?

Thanks.:)

Rob Whisonant

Have you ever considered just hanging out your own shingle? Just create a site showcasing your work and start promoting it. You may get fewer jobs but you end up making a lot more money.

Also a good place to find work is here in our marketplace. Just scan those forums and look for work you can do.

BelindaMT

BelindaMT
Hi Rob,
I am very much interested about your suggestion to try shingle. I never heard about that. I will really appreciate it if you can explain it in details. I hope its okay for you to ask that and by the way, you also mentioned that a good place to fine work is in your marketplace just scan in the forum. I don't really get it but I am eager to know what it is. Thank you in advance.

eeecentric

There are many different freelancing sites to choose from, each with their own structure. There is a site called Freelancer.com that has projects and contests that freelancers can bid for and submit to. There is an Amazon affiliate called mTurk (which stands for mechanical Turk) and it is made up of HITs, or jobs available to complete. There is Fiverr, which is the opposite structure in which freelancers create 'gigs' for people to order. Gigs are simply a service that the freelancer promises to provide, and they even have bundles and rates that you can set for your clients to choose from. So this format is good if you have a service in mind, and your clients order that service from you. Hope this helps!

fern2x2001

I also know upwork and i am registered to them as well. When i was just starting to get curious about how to really earn money online, i saw a video on youtube about upwork and how you can use it to start making money online so i registered. Unfortunately, it wasn't easy as i thought it would be. The competition is really killing those who are just starting out like me. I don't know where to start and what to do for me to land a job. So looked for other ways to earn money aside from joining websites that are like upwork. But if i came a cross one and if it is legit, I'll post it here.

bullet

You can try design crowd, many clients in there. If you receive invitation you can earn instant $10. Try your best many competition in there it depends what the clients offering to you.

BelindaMT

Thank you very much Rob for sharing. I will try to explore what others WMS can offer.

Nancy G

Besides UPWORKS, there are so many sites to explore depending on your line of interest or skills.

Similar to UPWORK, you may try FIVERR, ONESPACE, FREELANCER, GURU, PEOPLEPERHOUR, TASKRABBIT, etc.
To be more specific, you can run a check and google "Top Legitimate Sites for (particular work)" and check the reviews. You may also try to learn affiliate marketing and possibility of create your own website. Watching YOUTUBE videos on making money online have provided me insights in choosing other options I can take.

Realizing you cannot just stick to one source and getting help or advice from other people are good success indicators. Magnify yourself, continue to learn/explore. In the process, you gain invaluable experience, know yourself better, and find your perfect online niche.

jaymish

I agree with all the alternatives offered to Upwork. There many more alternatives to this site. A simple google search will reveal this. My 2 cents worth would be that I recommend you use more than one platform. Online sites are notoriously flighty and close and open all the time. As@ Rob Whisonant was trying to say the best path is to get your own clients. This is harder, takes longer but in the long run is the way to go.

A key ingredient to success in using these sites is your skill. Most of us just want to make money without thinking of what we are offering the client in return i.e quality.

Elisabeth Kuhn

You may also want to check out the Warrior Forum. They have a section called Warriors for Hire, and Warrior Special Offers. It costs $20 to post there, but depending on what you offer, it could be well worth your while. You can also go to the Help Wanted section and contact people who are looking for what you have to offer.

Dylan0120

For me as a filipino living here at my country, I would strongly suggest the Onlinejobs.ph. It is a filipino job board that caters exclusively to remote online work opportunities. All are very welcome to apply, even you are a filipino residing abroad you can apply on this site. All interested applicants must register first and create their own online resume or you have the option to link your updated resume through Dropbox. This is a legit site as Upwork.

CookieRunner

Upwork really looks promising if you are venturing to have a full time job online. I researched about online platforms that I can earn with and found out that Upwork is on top of the list. I've known friends who are using it and landed a job there plus they are suggesting the site as well so I know its legitimate. But, for newbies, I cannot guaranty that you can have a job there easily since the competition is tight. Based on my research, people say that you can earn and its legitimate at Freelancer.com, FIVERR and peopleperhour. Try it out and see what's in it for you.

April797Star

.+
Besides UPWORKS, there are so many sites to explore depending on your line of interest or skills.

Similar to UPWORK, you may try IVERR, ONESPACE, FREELANCER, GURU, ng PEOPLEPERHOUR, TASKRABBIT, etc.
To be more specific, you can run a check and google "Top Legitimate Sites for (particular work)" and check the reviews. You may also try to learn affiliate marketing and possibility of create your own website. Watching YOUTUBE videos on making money online have provided me insights in choosing other options I can take.
Realizing you cannot just stick to one source and getting help or advice from other people are good success indicators. Magnify yourself, continue to learn/explore. In the process, you gain invaluable experience, know yourself better, and find your perfect online niche.
Indeed :) i have been working online for 3 years now. And i learned that as time goes by more and more jobs are being made available online, so by being able to adapt to new lines of work, you will not only gain money but skills as well . Flexibility is a must. Be patient and try not to lose your enthusiasm if it does not work out at first. It is also true that relying on one site will not guarantee a continuous profit.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.