Semrush vs. Google Analytics?

Dopani

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you. I know that someone like you can help me with a question. I'm trying to see the traffic of one of my sites with two tools: Semrush and Google Analytics.
Semrush shows me 1.2K organic traffic this month while Google Analytics tells me 670 visitors in last 28 days. There is a lot of difference between these numbers and I am doubting Semrush because I believe in Google than Semrush

Is there someone that can explain me some reason of this difference? What is your thought?

Thanks for your answers

Regards,

digember

Google analytics counts all the views even the bots coming to your site. But, still Google analytics is the web traffic tracking service. It shows the most accurate results. Never used SEMrush before, so can't say about it.

Dopani

SEMRush doesn't have access to your site. They are just making a guess at the traffic for your site and any other site they report on.
A guess? yes seem this is exact because when I checked with my websites some results are exact and some are not. At least it could estimate traffic of a website a bit more exact.

Google analytics counts all the views even the bots coming to your site.
I don't think so, I saw that Google analytics only counts traffic from real visitors and it ignored bots.

ralphmiller

Both are different in many terms. Semrush just show your ranked keyword, Keyword traffic and backlinks while Google analytics track your website every time for each visitor, the location and source of trafiic, bounce rate etc.

sarahliyod

Google analytics and SEM Rush provide reporting data and services therefore that there can not be some contrast or disagreement. Google Analytics can be an internet analytics platform that offers advice whilst SEM Rush provides a package of tools which comprise search engine optimization snap-shots along with SEO traffic quotes you need to focus on search engine optimization and PPC.

juliaann

Semrush & Google Analytics, Both are the best tools but even Google Analytics is best tool.

Daniel@30

Google Analytics and SEMRush provide different data, reports, and services. Google Analytics is a web analytics platform that provides information about the composition of your website, while SEMRush offers a suite of tools that typically focus on PPC and SEO.

tech8181

They both are used for different tasks altogether, Google analytics will give you a traffic makeup on your website whereas SEMrush will give you more comprehensive research about the keyword. and competition.

paritosh

SEMRush & Google Analytics both tools are awesome to get SEO data and reports for any website But one thing is Google Analytics is a free to use and SEMRush is a paid version for SEO data analysis.

DeniseMBarnes

All the viewpoints have counted the bots by Google analytics. But Google analytics is the net traffic tracking service. Exactly the most accurate benefits are shown by it. Never used SEM Rush previously, therefore can't say about doing it.

contentder

SEMRush and Google Analytics are not alternatives, they are used for completely different tasks. I especially tend to use SEMRush when I’m analyzing organic traffic patterns from Google Analytics to see if there is any correlation to the keyword rankings.

Webxion.05

I would like to recommend some of the Basic Differences Between Semrush vs Google Analytics:-

a) Google Analytics is supportive for Web,iPhone App and Android App while semrush is supportive for Web Only.
b) Also Semrush is costly as compare to Google Analytics.

Regards,
Abhishek
Webxion Technologies

Sean78Black

Two of the most potent resources currently on the market are Google Analytics and SEMRush. These tools have main features which we can get relevant information from our website or from competitors.

Google Analytics

The Google has made a great effort to update and expand the services of Google Analytics, presenting a very focused approach to web analytics for companies. This service is complemented by numerous services such as AdWords, which will help us plan an online marketing campaign and measure its results. The best of Google Analytics is the large number of tools and actions that we can perform and customize.

Tools
- The data that reaches the Google platform can be analyzed through previously standardized reports; to facilitate the visualization and understanding are accompanied by simple and intuitive graphics.
- Creation of customized reports and variables.
- Segmentation to draw personalized conclusions from the visits.
- Creation of views or panels to control the metrics. Google has the advantage of managing a wide variety of metrics that can be installed with widgets in the panels directly and visually.
- You can know how users get to your website.
- Know the keywords used by monitoring them and improving SEO positioning .
- Google API to be able to add own or third-party applications that allow you to configure according to specific needs.

Content analysis
We can see the duration of visits through which words have been accessed from search engines, see the behaviour of users on the page and know the loading time of the pages to anticipate possible incidents.

Mobile analytics
This section is to control the performance of an application and is very interesting to improve the ASO ( App Store Optimization, positioning in the stores of applications).

Social network analytics
The positioning of a brand is not limited to the behaviour of your website; It is increasingly important to know the performance in social networks. Google Analytics offer a social network analytics service with which you can get information from followers on social networks, new followers, clicks on publications or marketing campaigns.

Conversion analytics
The Google service also offers conversion analysis, so necessary to know the customers who have finally purchased through your website and their behaviour.

SEMRush
After seeing the extensive catalogue offered by Google, SEMRush may seem too simple for positioning analysis, but that is the virtue of this tool. In a few seconds SEMRush throws a "ton of information," as they say on their web page with predefined metrics, graphics very focused on concluding and, above all, an elaborate report with which, at a glance, you can get much information from value to improve the positioning of your website.

The best thing about SEMRush is that it can be used to analyze your competition; we can know at a glance the traffic generated by the search engine, which originates from advertising, organic keywords, those associated with advertising, potential competitors and potential buyers of advertisers for your website.

Google offers a variety of critical information, but sometimes what you're looking for is getting information quickly and instantly. Google Analytics and SEMRush are two tools that every online marketing professional should know, and best of all, because of their different characteristics they are tools that complement each other.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads