Has Google's dominance hurt true SEO?

Judas2018

So back in the day, people would optimize their sites for the 3 major search engines. Yahoo, MSN and Google. Google was always the big prize though. Nowadays, people are strictly, one-hundred percent targeting search engine optimization for google and only google. So with that being said, has google's dominance hurt true SEO? Normally, if you couldn't crack google's top 3, you'd try and crack one of the other 3 search engines top 3 pages. Or pour your resources into dominating one of the other 3 search engines. Now? Everyone is trying to crack google's top 3 for their respective site, blog or topic. Which means competition is beyond fierce. So is it really about SEO anymore? Would tons of work and money poured into a professional SEO whiz even make a difference? Or does luck play a part?

vishwa

No, I don't think that it will hurt SEO, because what you have done for ranking in Google is the same way to rank in other search engines like Bing, Yahoo etc. Today SEO is quite tough for spammers because Google makes SEO tougher for spammers.

Judas2018

Well from my experience different keywords and different methods would rank you higher in Yahoo or MSN (now BING) search engines. When I say true SEO, I mean spreading your work and resources around. Optimizing your site, blog or online space to rank as high as possible, in as many different search engines as possible. Google's domination of the search engine market, means now that sites who choose to focus totally on Google and only Google? Actually stand to lose search engine traffic by putting all resources and methods into ranking in google's top 3 pages, and having it not work out for them. If it does work out for them, then it was a good investment. But as most of us know, that's not always the case.

Nancy G

Google's domination of the search engine market will not hurt true SEO. It is a choice and winning strategy for most companies who would rather invest in one than spread it out. Spreading your work and resources will not guarantee being ranked higher. It is also time and effort consuming. However if there specific markets you are targetting and specialized by other sites, then you can do multiple sites.

Current search engine optimization focuses on techniques like making sure you have appropriate title tags and engaging high quality content, free from errors in grammar and spelling. It also examine numbers of links to a webpage, the more inbound links the higher the ranking. This can achieved by sharing content extensively across all popular social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest , etc.. Optimize your link building from the biggest of the relevant sites. The key here is finding a strategy that works for you and your business.

Judas2018

Judas2018

True. My strategy has been to target as many search engines as possible for SEO. I like having many different pots in the fire. I target google a lot now, but I still target Yahoo as I've always been a fan of its search engine design and what not. BING, I don't target so much anymore.

jamie3000

I find Google's shift towards high da domains over content relevance very annoying. I search for very specific coding things and unless it's on stackoverflow Google won't show it me till the last few pages:-(

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.