Where should I host my websites?

daikaads

I need better bandwidth
The company should provide 99.9% network uptime and 30-day money back guarantee.
Which host can you recommend?
Is Bluehost reliable? found them via Google search.
What do you say about them?

WeWatchYourWebsite

No!

Stay away from Bluehost.

One major issue with Bluehost, Hostmonster, JustHost, Hostgator...all EIG owned hosting providers is that their service is terrible.

Read some reviews. Google: "Bluehost reviews"

If you can find a site that reviews them and isn't an affiliate of theirs, you'll see how people have downgraded the service of their companies.

I hosted with them originally and then when they sold to EIG, who is associated with Sitelock, I received an email from Sitelock saying they scanned my files (without my permission or notification) and they found malware.

That's interesting as we specialize in detecting, removing and preventing website malware. I replied to their email requesting a phone call.

A salesperson calls me and starts telling me about how wonderful they are...I stop him and tell him who we are. He then goes quiet on the phone and says, "Oh. This isn't going to end well for me is it?"

Bottom line is, the hosting provider allows an outside company to view your files. They say their scans found something but they never tell you what - because often times they don't find anything. But they want to sell you thousands of dollars worth of their services.

Google: sitelock reviews

Check out pissedconsumer's section on them.

If you're looking for a good hosting providers check out a2hosting.com or inmotion hosting for shared hosting accounts. If you're looking for a VPS/dedicated server, check the listings in this forum.

mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha

I am also thinking of hosting my website and it will be my first time. I find this comment to be useful. Also, my intention is to get more US traffic so I am hoping the hosting service you recommended can achieve this for me. Meanwhile, I will be around to read more reviews.

DanielBlue

After all my domains were down for tree days when Hostgator was bought by EIG (was it in 2012?) and I had to look for a new host because they did not get them up again, I can only say to stay away from any hosting company that’s owned by them. If you want to do yourself a favor dont go with any host listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

Go with a smaller host where you are still welcome as a customer and were they want you to stay because you are happy.

And I forgot to mention that it’s best to go only with those who offer MONTHLEY payments. So if anything goes wrong I leave them without giving them money for nothing. I thing that web hosters offering monthly payments are giving better support because they want you to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcS

Go for a provider who not only guarantees 99.9% uptime but also provide an SLA (Service Level Agreement). They should have 24/7 support (live chat, ticket, phone), provide complementry backup and nearly 30 days moneyback guarantee to check their service and support level.

ulterios

I need better bandwidth
The company should provide 99.9% network uptime and 30-day money back guarantee.
Which host can you recommend?
If you can not find a hosting provider to fit your requirements in our hosting offers section then I would recommend Namecheap myself and have had several years of great service with them. The only thing they do not have is a 30 day money back guarantee, theirs if 2 weeks I believe. You will not need that though as I am sure they will meet your needs and exceed your expectations.

Is Bluehost reliable?
That depends on what you are asking. If you are asking about their hosting services and support, then I would not use the word "reliable" in a good way for their hosting.

Their support IS reliable at taking forever to solve support issues and showing their lack of technical training.

They are also reliable as far as causing you headaches when dealing with their support! ;)

jakeis

If I were you, I would search for some other options. Personally, I avoid using EIG owned hosts due to the general negative attitude towards them. Also, I think the prices of the host that you’ve mentioned are too high. Even if you choose a long-term subscription, I still think their prices are a little bit too higher than those of many other hosting providers.
There are plenty of hosts that will meet the requirements that you’ve mentioned.

venkatweetz

If it is a WordPress website, go for Kinsta. Basically they are providing cloud hosting tied up with google servers also. And siteground is giving awesome 24/7 support even for non technical customers.

Sam

It all depends on your hosting needs. Learn to know what are the hosting specifications and services you need, such as EP, Dedicated IP, SSL, VoIP, Emails, Support, and more. To get a suitable hosting for you is not as simple as choosing the lowest price. But if you really want to start a new fresh site with a new domain, get it from the cheapest hosting provider that allows you to transfer your site's files to another server. You would need to transfer them in case you need move your site to another hosting.

vishwa

Bluehost service is really bad in these days. Frequent down-times and poor hosting services. I am personally using Namecheap hosting from past 6 months and never had any issue with them. You can also try siteground for best and reliable web hosting solutions.

sayeema000

This question is dependent on several variables.

What type of website and what platform? (Ex: ecommerce, html, ruby on rails, python, php, WordPress, Magento, Joomla etc.)
How big is the website and how much functionality is involved?
Do you want dedicated hosting or are you ok with a shared network?
How much are you looking to pay on a monthly/annual basis?
If you are looking for a reliable solution that wont break the bank (MediaTemple, JustHost, HostGator)

If you are looking for a reliable, dedicated, secure web host strictly on the WordPress platform, stick to (WPEngine or Digital Ocean)

SenseiSteve

SenseiSteve
JustHost and HostGator certainly have a good number of clients, but they're no longer considered reliable solutions, at least not if you're looking for professional, competent and fast support. Why not? Simply because once being acquired by EIG, their support services took a nose dive, and that's not just me saying that. Check out threads about their services since being acquired.

Talaa

DigitalOcean and Linode are good choices, they are affordable and reliable, and you can make the payment monthly.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views