Submitting Personal Information?

eeecentric

I have been working online for quite some time now, but I find it difficult to find places where I can work that do not require me to fill personal information such as in my street address. I understand that the reason some online companies require this information is because they want to make sure that I live in the country or so they can send me checks or other notices through the mail. However, I do not like to share that information with online sites, especially if I do not know if I can trust them with some sensitive information. For example, Textbroker wanted me to send in a photo with me and my ID card in it. Perhaps I am over cautious, but I am concerned about my privacy and security of information.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you generally give your home address or the like, or do you find a different website to work?

Rob Whisonant

Well if you are "working" for a company in the US they need to file either a W-2 or 1099 stating how much they paid you each year for tax purposes. So they need your name, address and social security number to do this.

They also need to prove that you are a legal citizen and can legally work for them.

Also, a US company is most likely going to require you to submit a W-9 tax form. If you don't, you don't get paid.

Question.... Why are you afraid of giving out your address to a company that is paying you money?

form1099

If a person works in the US as an independent contractor, then he needs to File Form 1099 with the IRS. There are different forms available to report different information returns. Recently, the IRS re-introduced the 1099 NEC Form to report the 1099 NEC. To know about the complete information on form 1099, visit the following site Form 1099 Online.

tanamonn

Yes, this information is indeed very confidential, but it can't be done without its disclosure. It is my priority that this information is not distributed to third parties without my consent. If you work for a famous firm, it's understandable that they want to know as much about you as possible.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.