Badly need Help: How can I earn money working online?

CookieRunner

Hi guys!

I had a job before and just recently switched careers on finding work online. I really want to work already and haven't found a job. If you can help me by suggesting legitimate websites and work would be very helpful. I am looking for entry level kind of work maybe doing admin work like transcribing, office assistant or being a virtual assistant.

Thanks in advance!

PAM :hug:

jaymish

Online working is broad and complicated. However there many opportunities online and you will always find something you can work on especially if you have the skill. If you want transcription work look on sites like Casting words, Crowdsurf on the workmarket platform and Speech pad.

For virtual assistant postions , join facebook groups for virtual assistants. It would also be an idea to take a course. Virtual assistant work is broader, than office administration work. Also join freelance sites like Fiver, Up work and Freelancer.

mildredtabitha

Hi guys!

I had a job before and just recently switched careers on finding work online. I really want to work already and haven't found a job. If you can help me by suggesting legitimate websites and work would be very helpful. I am looking for entry level kind of work maybe doing admin work like transcribing, office assistant or being a virtual assistant.

Thanks in advance!

If it is transcribing, apply to sites like TranscribeMe and GoTranscript. Also, identify the skills you have. It could be web design, writing, programming or even the transcribing you mentioned. Try sites like upwork, freelance, fiverr and people per hour.

You also decide to sale items online or invest on a blog or forum. Good luck!

Nejii

You can try Upwork once you're done identifying your skills. You can easily pick your skills there and you just need to make a proposal to some job posts. I have seen a website about transcribing, maybe you can check scribbie.com. I am also working online but still polishing my skills in it, especially in blogging| writing. I am also interested in transcribing. As of now, I am teaching online.

CookieRunner

Hello Mildred, :rolleyes2:

I appreciate, that you took time to read to my post and suggested online jobs that I badly need to try. Hopefully, I can land a job with the sites you've mentioned. You don't know how happy I am that you commented with useful information that I need. Thank you very much and Good luck to the both of us!

Cheers!

:icon_rock:

behappie

Doing online is quite complex. It is not so as easy as it seems but no doubt, you will earn some dollars you are determined and serious.
Transcription work look on sites like Tranacribeme, Casting words, Crowdsurf on the workmarket platform and Speech pad are very legitimate and rewarding.
Also join freelance sites like Fiver, Up work and Freelancer.
For virtual assistant positions are also available but it is more tasking that mere office administration.

yuekai

Being a online worker is not easy like a regular job. yes you have a freedom when it comes in time because it's all in your hand but a lot of client online is really a big headache, I tried to work in Upwork and for months I was not hired, why? because I expect a high salary on it actually I based it on my regular job. So what I did I lower my salary asking price to 50% and then client hire me for a job. I thought it's good but after this client I realize that this job is not easy, Client will pay you for small amount while asking/expecting you a high quality of job.

You can try Upwork once you're done identifying your skills. You can easily pick your skills there and you just need to make a proposal to some job posts. I have seen a website about transcribing, maybe you can check scribbie.com. I am also working online but still polishing my skills in it, especially in blogging| writing. I am also interested in transcribing. As of now, I am teaching online.
What is transcribing do? can you tell how do I earn money from blogging? I tried to do some jobs in Upwork but I don't like it 'cause you will be paid in small amount while asking a difficult job.

CookieRunner

Online working is broad and complicated. However there many opportunities online and you will always find something you can work on especially if you have the skill. If you want transcription work look on sites like Casting words, Crowdsurf on the workmarket platform and Speech pad.

For virtual assistant postions , join facebook groups for virtual assistants. It would also be an idea to take a course. Virtual assistant work is broader, than office administration work. Also join freelance sites like Fiver, Up work and Freelancer.
Hi Jaymish!

I agree with you that online working is complicated, I can now see the difference of having a real job than working online. Your reply is very helpful and useful. I would check all your suggested work and websites and do some research as well. This means a lot to me. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Nejii,

I already submitted online job applications and thinking of making a profile in Upwork since you've suggested it. Since I am relatively new with working online, maybe I'll also try and learn to polish my skills same with what you're doing and hopefully, I can still learn. It's good that you are teaching online. All the best !

genesis

Try investing in bitcoin, LOL. Actually if you have these skills, you have to be the best of it. A lot of online jobs are in need of you if you're one of a kind. Because it really is hard to be hired online since a lot of people are also wearing the skill that you have. Better apply on the real world. Online now is under the Cryptocurrency thing, it's the only easiest way to earn now I think.

Athena251

There are lot of things you can do online to earn; from watching videos, transcribing pdf to text, sharing contents, writing slogans many more. You just have to be patient in finding what best suits you. I would like to recommend usertesting where you just need a microphone, your voice and your ideas. It is a website where you just have to comment on how to improve different websites. You can also try upwork but I think there is a strong competition there. You have to provide your set of skills and educational attainment before you can start submitting proposal to the clients but you can definitely learn a lot more there.

fern2x2001

If you're just new in making money online, it's really a big no no to quit your job to switch to finding a job online. Simply because, although there are real jobs online that really pay out and with good and reasonable amount, there are also A LOT of competitors out there trying to land a job as you are. Making your chances of finding you first job, really really hard. Not to mention those scam sites and offers online that only gives promises for you to work for them and not pay you in return. So i suggest that if you want to work online, try finding a regular offline job just to support with your finances as of the moment. While still searching and building your name online.

Reactions: CookieRunner

hamlak

hamlak
This isso spot on. This is the best advice anyone can give someone looking to start earning online.

Nancy G

Hi guys!

Thanks in advance!

Just like you, I am trying to find a fixed source of income online. While you have to find your "dream work" online, you have to realize that you cannot survive without doing multiple jobs. You may try to explore opportunities available in your line of interests but you have to be open to other sources like affiliate marketing and learn from success of others as shared in forums or other social media sites. Trying different opportunities allow you to gain experience and learn more about yourself.

Also, if you need some good sources of income you may try teaching English to young kids in China via 51Talk or VIPKID. Survey sites like TOLUNA, GlobalTest, Panel Station which I have tried allow you to earn side income. I notice more surveys coming in towards this last quarter. You can also sell new or old stuff thru online shopping sites in time with the forthcoming holiday season.
UPWORK seems to be the popular site for freelancing work. There are other sites like FIVERR, FREELANCER.com, peopleperhour.com, FROSCH, etc. You will also learn a lot by watch YouTube videos on make money online.

The flexibility and freedom gained from homebased work are triggers for me to get going inspite of the struggles. Just stick to your fight and strive to achieve your goal. NO PAIN, NO GAIN. Good luck and all the best!

CookieRunner

Doing online is quite complex. It is not so as easy as it seems but no doubt, you will earn some dollars you are determined and serious.
Transcription work look on sites like Tranacribeme, Casting words, Crowdsurf on the workmarket platform and Speech pad are very legitimate and rewarding.
Also join freelance sites like Fiver, Up work and Freelancer.
For virtual assistant positions are also available but it is more tasking that mere office administration.
I agree with you, its quite complex and I thought it was going to be easy since I always see online jobs when I search the Internet. I am very serious to earn money and make this my source of income so I am really serious with this. I am very passionate and very interested. I guess I can earn more in the long run. I am just in the process of getting used to it. I will definitely try the sites you've mentioned and this means a lot! Thanks behappie! :icon_rock:

I've heard of bitcoin and its quite interesting... Do you think I can try this out and make a fortune out of it?

I've been in the Real World for 9 years already and its also hard. I am enticed with what the Online world can offer me. So I am trying it out.

Just like you, I am trying to find a fixed source of income online. While you have to find your "dream work" online, you have to realize that you cannot survive without doing multiple jobs. You may try to explore opportunities available in your line of interests but you have to be open to other sources like affiliate marketing and learn from success of others as shared in forums or other social media sites. Trying different opportunities allow you to gain experience and learn more about yourself.

Also, if you need some good sources of income you may try teaching English to young kids in China via 51Talk or VIPKID. Survey sites like TOLUNA, GlobalTest, Panel Station which I have tried allow you to earn side income. I notice more surveys coming in towards this last quarter. You can also sell new or old stuff thru online shopping sites in time with the forthcoming holiday season.
UPWORK seems to be the popular site for freelancing work. There are other sites like FIVERR, FREELANCER.com, peopleperhour.com, FROSCH, etc. You will also learn a lot by watch YouTube videos on make money online.

The flexibility and freedom gained from homebased work are triggers for me to get going inspite of the struggles. Just stick to your fight and strive to achieve your goal. NO PAIN, NO GAIN. Good luck and all the best!
Hello there Nancy G!

Now that I am searching for online work and tasks everyday on the web, I came to realize that landing a job isn't really easy. Now, while I am waiting for a full time job, I search the Internet and look for other ways to earn. It's good that I joined forums like this in Webster Sun because, I learn a lot and I make new friend while I get more knowledgeable on the works of the online world.

I've heard of Affiliate Marketing and watched videos about it and its quite interesting. If I have more information and when I know I understand how it works, I would definitely give it a try. Anything that can generate money using the Internet, I would really try it out especially the websites you've mentioned.

What you've provided are pertinent information and I appreciate your reply. :rolleyes2:

Hi Athena,

Yes, I am really patient when finding online jobs. Would you happen to know what other websites would that be?
Anyways, I appreciate all your opinion information, its very helpful for me. And I agree there's a tight competition in Upwork.
I've heard about Usertesting, do you still know any other websites which is similar to that though?

edisonnicart

Earning money online is not so easy as it looks, but if you have determination and a legitimate site to work on then maybe that job is for you. I suggest try searching youtube to track legit website that can highlight your skills. Or go to Usertesting.com, it's not much but I hope it will help!

Reactions: CookieRunner

CookieRunner

CookieRunner
Hey there Edison,

Yeah, I am actually struggling looking for a full-time online job now. I know I have the skills and I am really determined to be a success on this field it's just hard to start from scratch and you don't have the experience that the clients need. Youtube is a big help and Forums like this adds up information. Your comments help a lot! Appreciate it!

BelindaMT

Why don't you try blogging? or make your own website?. Although I didn't try it yet but as far as I observed, I see a lot of online marketers earn serious income through blogging and making thier own website than working in Upwork or frelancers. I am new in this kind of venture so I am still in the process of oberving in the internet world and see where I really fit in.

Nancy G

For all newbies, I suggest you try survey sites like Toluna, Global Test, YouGov, AIP Surveys. This last quarter of the year, the surveys are coming in almost everyday. Take advantage of this opportunity, earn points now and collect in time for the holiday season. Again, this is just a side income, money is small, takes only few minutes to answer while you are still looking for your dream job. I hope by sharing this opportunity I can help you guys in my own small way.

RosieCheeks

Thanks for Your thread, as I am in the same position as You, searching way of getting extra income online. I wouldn`t suggest jump directly in Upwork, as competition is very tough there. I am experienced translator, yet I still struggle to get my first job. Fiverr gives more opportunities to get selected for the job, still also needs a lot of dedication and patience. I am also interested in transcribing jobs.I heard only positive about that.I think I should try this also.

tiffiecute

Try applying for QA World. They pay high rather than Scribie and the rest, and the work is far way easier. haha

I've been working on the site a few weeks now and the Team Leaders are nice to me. We have forums where we communicate and help each other.

gkcm

You have to determine first what you really enjoy doing and what suits your skills, or something that you can learn fast. By doing so, you narrow down all the opportunities the online world can offer you as jobs. If you miss this part then you might be ending up switching as what happened with your real-world careers.

I believe there are various types of jobs on Upwork as IT related projects, writing for sub-genres, editing customer service, technical support service, tutorials, arts and crafts, etc. If you have the passion for teaching then there are a lot of Asian students waiting for you to teach them basic English like in 51Talk, Bizmates, and so on.

There are also online jobs which require postings and watching videos or doing reviews. You just have to research thoroughly for their legitimacy. Never opt for something that requires payment because even if a lot claim for their accountability, it might be a great loss for you.

michelle camo

Think first, what kind of on line job you want to do. You know there's a lot of on line jobs that you can do. If you are good in English and can teach on line, you can be an online teacher. There is a lot of online tutorial now. If you are good in constructing blog, the why don't you do your own blog. It is you who can determine what you really like and make sure that one you decided what you want make sure that, that is what you really want to do so you won't end up regretting it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.