Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Active incom online vs Passive income online?!

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

Active incom online vs Passive income online?!

The title says it. Earning active income online or earning passive income online?! Which one do you prefer and why?! Please let me know your thoughts and comment them down below. Thanks in advance :-)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 475/1
    Given: 27/1
    Thanks
    What is your definition of passive income? If you really mean real passive income, you are going to get a ton of responses that state passive income when it's not. Many people these days have listened to some so called gurus that have used the term passive income for any and all types of online income.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    I still don't understand the full concept of passive income so I will go with active income. With active income, I know I can earn with each work I do. The more I work, the more I earn. It easy to know what I can make and I also do not require to invest money before working.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    Well, Rob is right. What exactly is your definition of a passive income online versus an active income online? Personally, I've always viewed having an active income as performing a service or action and getting paid for it. Basically, more involved and engaged with the project. With a passive income, I'm not as engaged with the project. However, I'm still earning a profit from the revenue earned because I'm in a partnership with someone else who equally put in the time/energy to set up the project.

In my opinion, I like an active income because it's guaranteed payment for an action or service performed. A prime example of this would be freelance content writing online. Getting paid per article published by a website. However, passive income is around the clock and doesn't require your energy output 24/7, because you're constantly earning. Another prime example would be hiring a content writer to write articles for your website. Once published, the content is there forever and as long as the site is monetized, you constantly earn from that content even when you sleep.

So one is more short-term, while the other presents more of a long-term strategy.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Thanks
    Of course I choose passive income. But first let me define in my own terms the difference of the two.
    Active Income normally comes from work and other small business.Actually, it's the income you earn in exchange to the efforts and time you give. NO Work, NO pay. It comes down to the idea that in order to have an income, you must work for it.
    Example, working in an office with monthly salary of

Passive Income are those income that comes to you even you are sleeping. Your money works for you literally. In short, it's the income that even you're on a vacation, it comes to you.
    But of course, passive income does not come easily. You have work for it first. IN short, at first it will start at active income and soon converted to passive income when your business or money making source becomes self sustaining.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    I still prefer Active Income because Passive Income is really not passive. You still need to do some work arounds like check your emails, connect with your followers/customers, do some updates and product upgrade or release of new product. Active income still makes you SURE about the earnings that you will get because you know that you are really working something.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I think both two active and passive income. If you have this two you will definitely become rich in an expand of years especially if you use your money in good investment. Active income gives you more money when you work hard for it while passive income do as well if you put it in good investment.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    If I can do both, the better for me for security reasons and to maximize whatever income opportunities available and doable.

Steady active income enables me estimate what I can get within a given period, work=pay whether it is a part-time or full-time job. Whereas in passive income, you may need initially to put in extra effort first or investment in finding the right marketing mix as in the the case of affiliate marketing, with high hopes that once it takes off, you reap what you sow and rewards may even go beyond your expectation as long as there are people buying the products you are promoting.

Active income is safe and less complicated. Passive income is for the risk takers and optimists.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Passive income, I think are those that you can do on the side, not worry much about it, but actually earn a little amount of money form it. I would categorize sites such as Neobux, Skylom, Baymack and Snuckls as passive ones.

Meanwhile, active income are from jobs that needs constant monitoring such as being Virtual Assistant, SEO, Affiliate marketing and posting. These pay higher rates and could be a stable source of income.

I would rather not choose between the two because I think they complement each other. You can do active jobs, and from time to time, go with the passive ones.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    @leeyong88

Thanks for your input. A lot of people are still confused about the term passive income and active income. Specially with the term passive income. They find it ironic because if it's passive, then you should do nothing at all and still earn. They find it hard to understand that you still have to do some work for you to earn with things that generate passive income. I agree that you could do both passive and active at the same time and you don't need to choose. There are businesses that generates passive and active income without having conflict with each other.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I will definitely choose passive income. You just have to wait until your money comes, without exerting efforts. But I think, if you can do both active and passive income, then you can earn more. Just be careful not to be in love with money. Spend time with you loved ones and don't just focus on earning money.

Newer Threads

1. xiana
    Rob Whisonant
    Replies: 2 | Views: 732
    Last post by Rob Whisonant, 10-24-2017, 10:51 PM
  2. Yuna
    Rob Whisonant
    Replies: 2 | Views: 286
    Last post by Rob Whisonant, 10-24-2017, 10:51 PM
  3. AskMeAnytime
    Google vs Library
    By AskMeAnytime in forum General Discussion