Cheaper phone or expensive but branded phone?

chicklet2017

Some of the teenagers nowadays are keep on saving their allowances to avail a branded mobile phone. Also some of those kids in the upper class. They keep on asking their parents to buy them as their personal use. But as I observed, most of them are striving to get those expensive and branded one. I was just curious about on what are the common reason of this? For me, I prefer on buying the cheaper one since I've lost my two expensive phones before and I've just regret buying it. Lesson learned.

Nancy G

Some of the teenagers nowadays are keep on saving their allowances to avail a branded mobile phone. Also some of those kids in the upper class. They keep on asking their parents to buy them as their personal use. But as I observed, most of them are striving to get those expensive and branded one. I was just curious about on what are the common reason of this? For me, I prefer on buying the cheaper one since I've lost my two expensive phones before and I've just regret buying it. Lesson learned.
There are many reasons people go for the expensive mobile phone brands. Two of the popular reasons are product quality and trusted name/brand. Being associated with a trusted and wellknown brand provides security, confidence and comfort for the owner.

Owning a famous brand is also like a “status symbol” which normally determines your economic or social class or whether you are “in” or “out” of the group or the times. The perception of being in-tune with the majority creates a “sense of belongingness” instead of feeling like being isolated, deprived or left-out.” This is especially true among kids where they need to feel accepted by their classmates or school friends. You cannot blame them as they just normally mirror what they see in their environment and being exposed to social media and the campaign ads of these expensive brands. Parents at this point need to understand their children’s needs and find a creative way to make the child understand if they cannot provide for the request. Another way is a compromise, or a reward system if the child studies well.
For practical minded people, they will go for popular brands offering comparable features at a lesser price. With phone models changing so frequently, you may end up buying a new phone a year or two just to catch up with the latest features. You also do not need an expensive phone for basic phone calls and texting. Different strokes for different folks.

Judas2018

I wouldn't advise buying an off-brand mobile or smart phone. That doesn't mean you need to buy the most expensive phone brand out there but, many risks come with an off brand phone. Usability issues, lack of extras or app compatibility, battery life, battery quality, etc. I'd go for a brand. Even if it's a brand that's fallen off in the past few years but still has a 'place' in the phone market? I'd still go with that over an off brand.

tiffiecute

My daughter is the opposite. She doesn't want a very expensive gadget. All she asks is for a phone with all needed features a phone that's the same as her boyfriend. But yeah, most teenagers nowadays crave for branded phones due to peer pressure and social issues.I guess it's about time for parents and the society itself correct that trend.

zanaiah

I dont need expensive phone, you can buy branded phone but not too expensive many branded phones are not expensive especially if its the old model. What important is the quality, you dont need to buy new model to just impress youre friends. After a year that expensive phone you have will be cheaper because another upgraded and new model phone will be launch.

hgonzales2

I prefer to use cheaper phone instead of expensive ones. I use my phone to text and call my love ones and friends. I also use it to play some mobile phone games. For me, it's not necessary to buy an expensive phone, I'd rather spend my money on food and other important things. It will also not hurt me a lot if in case someone stole my phone or I accidentally lost it. Being practical nowadays is important because for me every cent counts. So long as I can communicate with my family and friends, I'm good with it.

taphin

I use an iPhone, because the apps help me with different tasks related to my work and I have a macbook as well which syncs up content nicely with the iPhone. I saved for a long time before I was able to afford my macbook but my iPhone was a gift. I actually ended up buying my macbook on credit, with monthly payments of about $75 USD. I think buying the more expensive branded items was well worth it because they preform extremely well. However, iPhones are built to slow down and break, making it an endless cycle of buying the latest model when yours burns out. I try to buy the second to the latest model to save money and I don't really notice a huge disadvantage to doing so.

szerjhex18

I think its depend in everyone's personal reasons. Because for me I'd rather bought a cheap one. Cheap one but not so cheap. Like Samsung and iPhone. I'd rather choose buying smartphone like Samsung that iPhone. Samsung is a good choice of phone actually, and its not that expensive. While iPhone cost you more money. I always think the reason what is i need and not for what it just want.

I'm just being practical because money is hard to earn . And I wanted to spend it more wisely. So by choosing a cheaper smartphone with good performance, respectable name, and reasonable price that's my standard on buying. I don't need a showy phone, that in the end i will regret for.

sweetpot81

It depends to my needs. if both phones have the same features but only differsto the brand name, I myself will choose the cheaper one as long that I can guarantee the quality and all that I'm looking fir is in there. It doesn't have to be branded and expensive. Nowadays veing practical is not an option it's a choice.

mirabella

For me I choose branded phones simply because they have good graphics, fast, and a high capacity of storage. And also you can download some online earning apps.

ecole11j

I'm sort of in between personally. I have a Samsung Galaxy, but it's an older models. Specifically a Samsung Galaxy S4. It only cost me around $150. No idea what teenagers would think of it, but I feel like I get the best of both worlds.

Famlie

I think a smartphone should be reliable and durable first of all. I like smartphones with Android operating system. I work in mobile phone repair. I order mobile spare parts wholesale online. There are no problems with well-known brands of smartphones, you can find anything.

morissyn

You're right. I know so many families in which children are offended by their parents because they don't buy them an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy..

Skitalec

I believe that you need to buy a phone based on the price-quality ratio so that it is convenient to use it.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.