How to Screenshot a Looong Webpage?

DanielBlue

Let’s say there is a page that’s very long, like about 5 or even 10 times the screen.

How can I take a screenshot of the whole page? Easy, quick and good quality.

Last edited:

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Which browser are you using?
If you use Firefox, you can search this addon: Nimbus screen capture or One-click screenshot, type keyword "screenshot", there are many addons you can select one.
If you use chrome, you can search this extension: Awesome screenshot
I am using them on my web browsers and I can screenshot a long webpage with some clicks only or using shortcut keys as tools provide.

Mike001

The best tool that I have found is SnagIt from Techsmith.

They have a 30 day free trial and it can capture most anything on your screen to include scrolling screens. It is a really good tool and well worth the price. It has been around many years and TechSmith has some of the best screen capturing software both image and video that I have seen.

jeiss

Wow! I think I'd try this tool. What I usually use is the good old "prt sc" feature on my keyboard to capture the screen then I paste in "Paint" or any other photo editor on windows. Doing this is really tiring because I'd have to keep on capturing each part of the webpage I want.

If I may ask, what happens after the 30 day trial period?

Mike001

That is a great question.

Professionals and people with integrity purchase the software after the 30 days if it met their needs and they are happy with the results. Normally the prices are relatively inexpensive for what the software offers and if it meets your needs you should purchase it.

Techsmith, the makers of SnagIt, if they have not changed their policy over the last few years, give you a 30 day free trial and then after the 30 days the temporary license key expires and the software is rendered inoperative. With a reminder to purchase or uninstall. he reminder goes away with the uninstall and the software does not load after the expiration.

There are ways around it, but that is not the right thing to do. The right thing to do is support the developers if the software meets your needs and you are using it.

jeiss

Okay. I'll try buying a software for the very first time then. That's if I'm totally impressed by its features though.

Mike001

No one would expect you to buy it if it didn't meet your needs. That is why they give you the 30 day trial period.

But put yourself in their place, if you spent all that time and money developing a product how would you feel if everybody just stole it from you. Because technically that is exactly what it is, when a person downloads a product under a certain agreement and then decides not to live up to their end of the agreement, keeps the product continues to use it and then doesn't pay for it. Spin it anyway they want, it's stealing...

That should really strike home to most people on this forum as most of them are trying to make a living on-line. And it could just as easily happen to them and their products. I have the firm belief what goes around comes around.. it's a Karma thing.

It is a very good product and well worth the small fee they charge for the license. I am in no way associated with, or compensated by Tech Smith, i just believe in my professional opinion that they make some excellent products.

I have purchased and used many of them over the years.

iamchenita

In order to screen shot the long page of the webpage, just zoom out or just simple click ctrl and -
control and minus sign then screen shot it or just screen shot the whole part then screen shot again the bottom side of the webpage.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views