How To Control Uploading, Downloading & Streaming With Php ?

sunny_pro

Programmers!

I want to know from you, since I want to run a public proxy then would I become a target like the programmers say I would ? If so, then how to prevent all this from happening ? The following are the steps I am taking. Do you mind checking if they are safe & sound or not ?

1. Not run an SMTP. This is to prevent anyone using my mail server to spam;

2. Publicise the user's IP along with the links he visits to prevent anyone from daring to view illegal sites or upload anything malicious or download anything illegal;

3. Force the user to open an account under a username that matches his domain name and log his username/domain along with the links he visits. Example:

Time|IP|Username|KW Searched|Visited Page

02:59pm|143.133.135.138|example.com|php 7 books|php-book.com

During registration, I would get the php script to prompt the user to submit an email address under his domain name. The email would contain his account activation link. That is how I would make sure that it is Tom Boy who is submitting [email protected] and not any Dick & Harry.

4. Added a Banned Words Filter that replaces banned words on a proxied page. Will change this to add instead a feature that prevents loading a page that contains banned words.

5. Add a php function in the proxy script to block file downloads. That should prevent anyone downloading or uploading or viewing/playing any files related to illegal stuffs.

Example, the proxy would replace .mp3, mp4 extensions from links. Change:

https://www.example.com/download/php.mp4

to:

https://www.example.com/download/php.***

That way, any link containing a downloadable extension would not be fetched by the proxy.

Do you think this tactic would work to prevent downloads ?

6. Add php function(s) in the proxy script to block audio/video streaming. That should prevent anyone downloading or uploading or viewing/playing any files related to illegal stuffs.

7. Add php function(s) in the proxy script to block uploads, block file downloads and prevent streaming. That should prevent anyone downloading or uploading or viewing/playing any files related to illegal stuffs.

QUESTIONS

Q1. So, what is that php function that blocks downloads ? That should prevent anyone uploading malware/viruses, etc. using my proxy ?

Q2. And, what is that php function that blocks audio/video streaming (downloading) ? That should prevent anyone uploading malware/viruses, etc. using my proxy ?

Q3. And, what is that php function that blocks uploads ? That should prevent anyone uploading malware/viruses, etc. using my proxy.

Q4. And, what is that php function that blocks audio/video streaming (uploading) ? That should prevent anyone uploading malware/viruses, etc. using my proxy.

Q5. And, what is that php function that prevents the user's browser from playing any audio/video files on a website ? Eg. Prevent playing youtube vids, vimeo vids, metacafe vids, clickbank vids, etc. ?

Q6. And, what is that php function that records bandwidth usage (uploads & downloads and audio/video streaming) ? I might aswell give each account just enough data limit for them to browse text pages but not enough limit to view or listen to audio/video pages (like youtube vid pages).

Q7. Any other features to add to prevent anyone abusing my public proxy service ? If so, which php functions should I use to add them ?

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.