How to insert banner codes on WordPress site

Solomon BlacknBold

Hello,

Please, how can one insert codes on the WordPress site to enable you display the banner (as a tool for earnings) on a WordPress site.

Rob Whisonant

The affiliate program you join should have instructions on how to insert their banner codes.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hello,

Please, how can one insert codes on the WordPress site to enable you display the banner (as a tool for earnings) on a WordPress site.
Where do you want to add banners on your site? top header, sidebar or in your post content?

Can you take a screenshot where you want to add them on your site so we can go from there.

nesir

alternatively if you dont want to use a plugin you can edit you single-post_template php file and call the the html / php for the banner there. Plugins can cause slow sites if they are too numerous and i would avoid using them where they are not needed.

nesir

Make sure to save the php before doing this Yes that is what i mean BUT also sharkfins answer is probably the best solution as it is bassically doing that FOR you through the cms and you dont have to go mess with the template files.

nesir

can you show me a code snippet?

if he needs to display the add with every post why not include it in a widget with html code ? or i a template file? He wont need to paste it every time since its a template php or a widget. I dont think a plugin is necessary here for something this simple . BTW he is using worpress.com not org... they limit you o plugins unless you buy a domain .

If you are trying to set it on admin with a html widget it will post every time. If you are editing the php file , you need to declare a variable before calling in the banner . this is why im asking for a snippet to see what and where you are trying to do this.

Come too think of it id you are using worpress.com you wont have access to the php files either so you need to use the widget,

Skylarkhosting

Skylarkhosting
I don't think he mentioned that he is hosting a site on Wordpress.com. Just a wordpress site, which can be a site which is using Wordpress CMS.

@Solomon BlacknBold, use the Advanced Ads plugin. wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-ads

Rob Whisonant

When inserting the code, make sure you click on the editors TEXT tab first. Then paste it in. Pasting it in VISUAL mode will not work.

nesir

Well i followed his homepage you cant get plugins on that if you donr buy a domain and his isnt bought since its url is still Example.worpress but he could use a widget , i dont get why on earth youd waste downloading another php, js and css file for a plugin that takes like one line of coding.

Skylarkhosting

Skylarkhosting
That's good. I don't see his homepage url in the thread. I would want to have a look, out of curiosity.

Also, not everyone is a coder. Most wordpress website users / webmasters aren't very friendly with coding and would like the easier way out. Hence Wordpress.org has thousands of plugins.

nesir

Yea i get that sky. im just trying to advise him a better way of doing it. Because in a month he will be back asking about render blocking, poor site performance , script conflicts , and still would not have learnt how to use a widget. So then he has two problems instead of one. Its just advice he can use it or not im just trying to make things easier in the long run.

Either way its been explained :ertery: No worries

vishwa

I would recommend you to use Ad inseter plugin to add ads between your posts. This is very light weight and easy to manage plugins. WP Advance Ads also a great plugin to add codes in your WordPress blog.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.