Marketing on unpopular social media sites

missy

Do any of you promote your products or wesbites on social media sites that are less well known and aren't the main ones? Why? What are the benefits and which ones?

Rob Whisonant

I don't because it not worth my time. I always follow the 80/20 rule. Work on the 20% of things that bring you 80% of your income. Then if you have absolutely nothing to do, are totally bored out of your mind and find working on things that bring you very little income to be fun, go for it.

ecole11j

I wouldn't unless it was some kind of niche social media site specifically for the audience to which I was marketing. Otherwise it seems like it would be a waste of time. You're probably fine just sticking to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.

aretteprieve

What unpopular social media websites do you mean? I actually wouldn't promote there only if you mean a social network related to your niche and if the most of your target audience is presented here. If no, promote on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest

premiumproxies

I think We are always trying to go to the popular website. Because no one wanted to take any risk in their business. At the present, the Marketing system is going to heard day by day. So don't waste you valuable time.

RinziSevilla09

Hi There,

I would say there's no need. As the question you asked it self. "They are less known" meaning those social media sites have "less people" also. Posting or advertising to those kind of Social Media sites would be a waste of time and effort. just focus on advertising on social media sites that people commonly use.

HazelDJ

Do any of you promote your products or wesbites on social media sites that are less well known and aren't the main ones? Why? What are the benefits and which ones?
So far, I do not advertise my products on social media which are not well known. For me, it is just a waste of my effort to do such because I believe that it will not work much. I do not come up of any benefits of that.

Catherine Martin

Agree with the above. If it’s likely to be more effort than reward, it’s just not worth it. I’m certain there are lesser known sites particularly in other countries that may be worth tapping into if they suit your market but it would take a bit of searching. It’s hard to say without knowing your product unfortunately.

Trent652x

I haven't promoted my business or my products on unpopular social media sites in quite sometime. I use to be under the impression that posting on any site was the best move to make. I felt that way because the more your business or products are seen the better your results are, even if it's only catching the eye of one new person at a time. The reason I stopped doing so was because I found that the time I was spending on those unpopular sites were keeping me from doing more on the actual popular sites. Also, on the back-end the unpopular sites were not worth the benefits, for lack of better terms.

Nancy G

Most people will go with the safer route of promoting products on popular sites due to its wide reach and chances of getting positive results. Although there are certain less popular sites specializing in specific niches or market, you may give it a try especially if this is what you are specifically looking for your products or services. Suggest you combine this with a popular site for comparison purposes. This answers and satisfies the "what if" question you always have in your mind.

edwardkenway

This is very common thing is that why people works hard for for their precious product on less popular sites, and basically here amount of visitors are so poor, while people wants to earn from online then why they will wasting their times for less popular social media sites. So this wouldn't ideal decision for marketing on less popular social media sites.

REAttorneyFirm

I would say there is no demand. As the question you asked it self. "They are less known" meaning those social media sites have "less people" also. Posting or advertisements into those kind of Social Media websites are a waste of time and energy. Just focus on advertising on social media sites that people frequently use.

linconcley

Actually if you only want pass time on different social media then you can do that. If you are using social media as business platform then you shouldn't do that. Marketing is a vast thing and it depends on where traffic amount are more. And main thing is if you want to earn from online then you don't want to spend time on less popular sites. So, post the content on the sites where traffic rates are so high, this would better for your marketing campaign.

AmieBotella

If what you're advertising is specifically to targeted audience that has their own social media platform, then it's a good move for your advertising. But if it's not, then I don't see the benefit of wasting efforts advertising on the minority of the targeted audience compared to the large audience of the top social media platforms.

CookieRunner

In my case I can try, but not focus on those lesser known sites... I can give my 5% on it and still focus my 95% on the popular and powerful platforms since I know it works best for me. But I still don't mind posting on other sites, as long as i can promote my business, as long as I can make my business popular... I would do all sort of things in order for it to prosper may it be a small thing or a big thing. What matters to me is that I am doing something out of my precious time.

DanielN

It depends on how many people you can reach. If you reach 50 people of facebook, but you reach 100 people on a less visited Social Media Website than it's clear what you should do.
It's all about experimenting.
Even if a social media website is huge there is no guarantee you will reach a sufficient amount of people to make it worthwhile.

raenamor

You can promote your products on any unpopular websites for some reasons:
1. If you have that trust in that website to business-manage your products.
2. If you have a reliable recommendation about that website.
3. If you have proven well the business integrity of the company.
4. If you have the full knowledge of the company's personnel, background and responsibility.
5. If they stay strong based on customers' survey and approval.
6. If the company's sustainability is well founded and is growling stronger.
7. If the website company primarily focuses more on qualitative customer service and not quantitative oriented.

vincent007

If you think less well known social media has more audience for your product then you can promote it. Actually here one problem is traffic is not enough how it should be, but if you think less popular can give you more audience then there wont be any problem.

Other hand it can be worthless, basically in less popular social media dont have much traffic whatever have in popular social media sites. If dont have enough audience on less popular sites, then you should shift it to popular sites. For business purpose where audience are more those sites good for promoting products. So, you can promote products on less popular sites if you got enough audience, otherwise it wont be work like how it should be.

emmy1

Unpopular social media platforms can not give high-quality traffic in a short time. So must use popular social media platforms to increase your website performance in a short time.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.