Do I need to install DMCA Protection Badge on my website?

Dopani

I am just curious what is dmca.com? is it official site sponsored by Google ? and do I need to install DMCA Protection Badge on my website to protect my website content?

Rob Whisonant

It's just a company that provides DMCA services. You don't have to put a badge on your site. It does not protect you. You use the DMCA "laws" if your content is stolen. You can hire a lawyer to help you or you can do the initial DMCA takedown notices yourself.

vishwa

DMCA free protection badges won't keep your content being stealing and copying. Spammers don't care of it. However if you have premium protection from DMCA than it might be a good option for you. But as Rob said that for proper and effective implementation you have to contact a lawyer.

Dopani

ecole11j

It wouldn't be necessary. Not having the badge doesn't mean your content is up for grabs by anyone who wants to copy it. It's still your original content. If you do find your content somewhere else online, you can send a DMCA Takedown Notice to their ISP regardless of whether you have DMCA badge on your site or if you use a premium DMCA service.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.