More following or more followers?

Dictator20

Which is more important for you in twitter, The person you followed or the person who followed you? Honestly, Followers is more important for me, the more person that followed me the more I become happy with my twitter.

ecole11j

If I'm understanding the question correctly, I think building up a lot of followers is more important than finding a lot of people to follow. That being said, I don't think following people is a bad thing. Following people related to what you're trying to market is a good way to get them to notice you and hopefully follow back.

Reactions: Chris_Rampton

Carlos

Carlos
The issue is that there is no filtering or categorization for a group of people. I mean, there's lists, but that's just aggregate news stories into one place and cherry pick from them to form your news article.

When you're starting out, you'd have to follow as many people as you can, hoping that they'd follow back. Yes, you should follow people that is relevant to your niche, but I mean when you're starting out, you don't know where to start.

And the worst part is, when you tweet, even if you use hashtags, people don't "love" your post, and you convert with fail. There needs to be a better way to attract users, without trying too hard. Twitter needs to figure this out, and help businesses, journalists, marketers, etc. with curation of users and posts.

BelindaMT

To be honest, I deleted my twitter account because I only have two followers. If you don't have many followers, I guess posting to twitter is useless. There will be two people will make comment on your post (lol).

Russ

It may be shallow but I do tend to judge accounts by the ratio of followers to followings. My most popular account runs about 4:1. I suppose that doesn't really matter so much but that it means those people are not just following for a follow-back. But basically I follow people whose tweets I actually want to read and expect only the same in return. People my stoke their ego by getting a million followers by following a million follower-backers. But if nobody is reading each other what does that really matter?

Chancer

Chancer
Indeed the F4F is useless as far as interaction rate goes, semi useless as far as impressions are concerned.
However if you are trying to create a "tipping point" where people start to follow you because your account looks popular, then F4F is really useful.

Remember, people follow the heard

Chancer

Twitter doesn't want to help marketers.
Why would it give them a free meal if they can get money from them by selling ads?

Carlos

Carlos
There. Is. No. Reason. To. Participate. On. Twitter.

The way. To. Fix. It. IS. To. Encourage. Them. To. Continue. Using the service.

Twitter is a service first and foremost, but if people think that there is no way to "grow" on a scale, people will just leave the service sooner or later. It is in their best interest to give "free traffic" to those little guys so they talk about twitter, they talk about other folks, etc.

Right now, Twitter is not inspiring people to register, AND STAY. As a Social Media website, you have to try and get your users to stay.

But, eh, you're gonna disagree anyway, so I'll agree to disagree, like your disagreement on Facebook being easy to sell to folks, than Twitter. For me, there's no reason for me to come back to twitter and use it more and more. Which is what they're supposed to want YOU to do. But the founder just doesn't care. (It's already been confirmed that he doesn't know what he wants.)

Chancer

Chancer

Actually, i do agree :DD:

But Twitter has some "charm" that the LizzardBook does not have. It is simple, clean, straightforward.

May i assume you dislike it because it does not allow you to write long texts?

Carlos

Carlos
Quite the opposite. I mean, I don't like the length, but that's not why I am not encouraged or disciplined to stay online to attract more. If that makes sense...?

I reach thousands and thousands of people every day, but nobody's really following. I followed Twitter's advice: Add images or GIF's to the tweets. Nothing. But then, when I do get followers, that follower count goes back down every time I log out. It's like Twitter hates me or some glitch. My issue with Twitter is that they don't seem to curate their best users or their favorite users, or new users - if at all. The only way to really reach new users is via the "recent" tab, so new users are buried.

Facebook is a little better in this regard, by recommendations, but not by a whole lot. I just think that Twitter needs to do more to encourage users to stay on the platform like sending them new twitter followers.

I like that I am reaching users (impressions are users who SAW your tweet), but getting them to follow your account is dumb. Twitter as a platform wants you to be controversial, but when you DO make controversial comments, you either get them to hate you, or you make them venomous enough to report your content. In which case, they side with the "victim," and not the instigator.

Promote Mode is currently broke, and the new twitter doesn't show how many tweets you made, or images you made. I doubt the new design will even fix any of the issues I have with the service for a long time now.

Chancer

Chancer
I hear you, yes indeed getting Twitter followers is an art but...
This will sound trite but have you tried providing valuable content?
Have you tried networking?

On twitter you have to be a producer + you have to be social.
People will only follow you if your content is consistently useful to them - filler tweets are not tolerated.
So tweet an advice, good blog, etc. Then reach out to fellow hustlers and ask them for a mutual retweet, mention, etc.

Twitter is the most organic and natural SM of all ;)

DeerPencil

I think building up a lot of followers is more important than finding a lot of people to followed.

Brandians

Both are important followers and following . If you use Twitter for marketing then followers is important then following.

OrlandoHernandezRe

The follower/following ratio is a metric some users use to gauge the caliber of your account. Those with ratio are typically accounts that rely only on the follow/unfollow strategy to gain followers, whereas accounts with ratio are influencers and celebrities.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.